Max Block

Bengalfang

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Block

I have a lvl ** summoner with Homocunulus and I have about 70 or 80 stat pts to spare. I was wondering if I should try and increase my blocking or something with dex. I don't have much into dex right now. Do you think this would be useless and I should allocate them elsewhere? My Mana is already pretty good and my St is pretty good. And well Life = more the better.
 

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
Homunculus is a great blocking shield and I think it's worthwhile to take advantage of that...

I'll warn you though, you need 199Dex to have Maxed Block at lvl88... I don't know if you can acquire this much.

If you don't think you can, you may just be better off Tossing those points in life since you're a summoner. Your minions should offer you enough protection if you play well.
 

Bengalfang

Diabloii.Net Member
alainpp66 said:
Homunculus is a great blocking shield and I think it's worthwhile to take advantage of that...

I'll warn you though, you need 199Dex to have Maxed Block at lvl88... I don't know if you can acquire this much.

If you don't think you can, you may just be better off Tossing those points in life since you're a summoner. Your minions should offer you enough protection if you play well.
Well right now with all my MF gear (which is what I almost always wear) I have 53 Dex. I have 83 stat points, so I could have 136 Dex right away. my other option is to put it all into Vit. Right now I have 236 and with 868 life. So what do you think?
 

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
I try to maintain 60% blocking at all times...it tips the odds slightly in your favor, and I think maxing block is a bit much when you consider the absorbtion of Bone Armor, plus your Nec really shouldn't be taking too much melee damage if he's got a good Summons lineup.

Vitality is more of a priority for me, as I find that ranged attackers like gloams still manage to land a few hits at times when i'm unable to get DV off in time.

-X
 

Bengalfang

Diabloii.Net Member
Xiamet said:
I try to maintain 60% blocking at all times...it tips the odds slightly in your favor, and I think maxing block is a bit much when you consider the absorbtion of Bone Armor, plus your Nec really shouldn't be taking too much melee damage if he's got a good Summons lineup.

Vitality is more of a priority for me, as I find that ranged attackers like gloams still manage to land a few hits at times when i'm unable to get DV off in time.

-X
Cool, first of all. What is DV? And 2nd, how m uch life do you think is necessary before I put my pts into Dex. My stats are above in the thread.
 

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
I personnally like max block and have just managed to get my nercro to 71% so 2 or 3 lvls (he's 85) and he'll be fine. The block is great if you can't steal the pindles area corpses for minions or on ranged attacks//places you're surronded so I would say at least 50%
 

Peacrusher

Diabloii.Net Member
Bengalfang said:
I have a lvl ** summoner with Homocunulus and I have about 70 or 80 stat pts to spare. I was wondering if I should try and increase my blocking or something with dex. I don't have much into dex right now. Do you think this would be useless and I should allocate them elsewhere? My Mana is already pretty good and my St is pretty good. And well Life = more the better.
Hmmm lvl ** with 70+ stat pts to spare....

I'm lvl 93 with 208 points to spare... Wonder what I'll do with them? Not like I need them ... Life is almost 1000 with gear and charms.... Heh no homoc yet or I'd use em up.

Sorry Just wanted to toot my horn a little... :innocent:
 

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Bengalfang said:
I have a lvl ** summoner with Homocunulus and I have about 70 or 80 stat pts to spare. I was wondering if I should try and increase my blocking or something with dex. I don't have much into dex right now. Do you think this would be useless and I should allocate them elsewhere? My Mana is already pretty good and my St is pretty good. And well Life = more the better.
Hmmm...I like having max block with most of my necros because I usually have max resists, so the decision between high life and medlife/blocking was never a problem, but as far as a summoner goes I'd just pump vit. With my newest summon necro I've only got points into str/vit, and that works fine. My decision to go w/o dex was inspired by the bug in trang-oul's set in which you can't block :p.

In the end it's your call...there really is no right answer to this.

Peacrusher said:
Sorry Just wanted to toot my horn a little... :innocent:
yeah...i know. I told you to pump it to vit but do you listen???!!! NOOOOO :rant:

"oh, i'll just leave them open for bragging rights" :uhhuh:
 

pliu

Banned
Bengalfang said:
I have a lvl ** summoner with Homocunulus and I have about 70 or 80 stat pts to spare. I was wondering if I should try and increase my blocking or something with dex. I don't have much into dex right now. Do you think this would be useless and I should allocate them elsewhere? My Mana is already pretty good and my St is pretty good. And well Life = more the better.
Here is what I do, keep the block rate at the list rate on the shield. I use Trang-Oul's Wing. So I keep 60% block rate. If change to Homunculus, it will be 72%.
 
Top