Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max Block W/Ss How Much Life can u Get?!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by NightKidzZ, Apr 10, 2005.

1. NightKidzZ

NightKidzZ IncGamers Member

Max Block W/Ss How Much Life can u Get?!

Hi all: I have a pure wind druid. If I max block with storm shield at level94, how much life can I get?!
    My Gear:
    Helm: Soced Jalals,Um'd Shako
    Armor: Enigma (Super dusk)
    Weapon: HOTO
    Shield: Storm Shield, Sprit Mon
    Ammy: Mara's
    Rings: 2xSoj
    Belt: Arachnid
    Glove: Up'd Magfist, Trang Glove
    Boots: Sand Terk
    Charms: 10x EleGc 10x 5%fhr sc
    RES: In Hell w/ um'd shako (Fire:2, Cold:37, Light:43, Poision:101[75])
    FCR: 114
    FHR: 115 w/ 8x 5%fcr sc
    Damage R/D: 44% with storm shield and enigma

2. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Looking at your items I guess you don't have anni. Though something is missing, and that's your skills :p it would be nice to know if you have a high oak sage ;).

Well I assume you have maxed oak sage ^^ and you have achieved all 515-5*5 attributes point a lvl 94 can receive

Now these are the items I expect you're using: Jalas, Storm, and TO.

Attributes points = 490
    Str. = Str. req from stormshield - all +str modifers. = 156 - 20(jalal) - 70(Enigma) - 5(Mara) - 15(Sandstorm) = 156 - 110 = 46
    Since you're starting with a given number in str which is 15 then your druid would have to pump 46-15 = 31 points into str ^^ and he would end up with 156+30 = 186 points in str only using 31 points himself.

Now we have used 31 points and therefor we have 459 points left.

For maximum blocking with stormshield as the only +% blocking modifer you would need in dex:
    Total Blocking = [(Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)]
    75 = 67 * (x-15) / (94 * 2 ) <-> x = 75 * 188 / 67 + 15 = 226 dex :(

Okay now the same road again as with str, just with dex modifers this time :p
    Dex = 226 - all +dex modifers = 226 - 10(HOTO) - 5(Mara) = 211

Then you will start with a certain number in dex which is 20 so you would need 211-20 points in dex = 191 points in dex :-\

459 - 191 = 268

Okay now you have 268 points left to spend in vita, and you have 186 in str, and 226 in dex with 75% blocking.

Just to mention your energy would be base + 20 from jala + 5 from mara = 45 :p

Now to the main thing your vit! You will start with 25 points in vit = 55 starting hp (according to diabloii.net) and you will added 268 from artibutes, and +15(sandstorm) +5(mara) +5%(enigma) = 25 + 268 + 20 = 313 vit
    (Wauw 13 how unfortunately :p)
    Your final hp would then be (313-25) * 2 + 55 = 631 (oh and of course +1.5 pr. lvl) 631 + int(1.5*94) = 772 hp
    Now it doesn't seem like you're using CTA? I think it is a must m8 ;)
    So you will have 12+ to oak sage which is a lvl 32 oak that gives 185% + 5%(Enigma) = 190% so you should only have 772 * 2.9 = 2238 hp :(

So according to my calculations, and your listed gear you should end up with 2238 hp :p hope this helps ^^ btw. it would be smart if you got more resist for pvp.

3. NightKidzZ

Thank u for the great reply, that really help me a lot:)
    thank u again:)

4. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i suggest remaking with minimum strength
    use 0 str
    annihilus + breast plate enigma + maras+ sandstorm treks, should allow you to use a - req stormshield (put in liek resits/-req)

then you can pump vit and dex, also you only need 99% fcr unless you go 168% or something

find out the fcr and fhr breakpoints and gear it up using those, to be much more effective

5. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

That's not the reason for the low hp. The reason is the lack of +hp items and +dex modifers. :) And yes he is right... check out the breakpoints before choosing gear ;)

6. NightKidzZ

How can I find out the break point?! Where can I see them?!

7. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Here you go mate :)
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551

look at the general BP section ;)

PS: I guess it is okay to post that link since it is from diabloii.net right?

8. NightKidzZ

Thanks for the link, but how do I know what frame I am?? And in order to get 99FCR & 99 FHR looks like with my item is hard to get there..what else do I need to get the 99/99??!!
    thanks

9. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

A little calculation error Lazy....i think u calculated with str req for his enigma with the value 70 instead of 77 (dusk shroud str reqs).

Otherwise i like your input! :D

/Dec

P.S. If he has enough str to wear his equip wouldnt and eld in Stormshield be an option? It gives an additional 7% chance of blocking!

10. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

You're right! I made a giant calculating mistake! :p But it wasn't that I took the str. value of the dusk shroud wrong.

I didn't check the str. req of his + str items therefore I did only use this equation:

Str. req > 0 <-> Str. req = Highest str req item - (str. modifers + start str.)
    Str. req =< 0 <-> Str. req = 0

But since I didn't check the str. req of Jalal, Enigma(Dusk) and Sandstorm, you would need a bit more strength I guess.

To be exact (in this case) you would need enough strength to wear your lowest str. modier that will get you "up" to the next str. modifer (Argh I don't know how to say it :p) - start str. - maras + str. or to say it in another way: Enigma(Dusk) str req. - (15+5) = 77 -20 = 57 so You have to take 57 points in str and NOT 31 :eek: (sorry for the mistake).

Now for the vita this will give you 57-31 = 26 points less in vita and since 1 point in vita is 2 hp you'll loose 2*26*2,9 = 150. This leaves you with 2088 hp.

For the dex part with +7% block in stormshield you would have 74 which requires 206 dex

x = 75 * 188 / 74 + 15 = 206 dex so 1 eld = 2 ko in this situation

Btw. The 70 I wrote from Enigma is the strength he will obtain from it :)

11. NightKidzZ

Thanks for the link, but how do I know what frame I am?? And in order to get 99FCR & 99 FHR looks like with my item is hard to get there..what else do I need to get the 99/99 help me pls:)
    Thanks

12. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Well you stated yourself you had 114/115 in the beginning of the thread so it shouldn't be hard to obtain :p

The best place to ask about that is the pvp forum I guess :p but something that is for the most good to get are 75 all res (absorb gear for specific duels), 50% damage reduction, and maximum block. Then you need to focus on damage and life where they normally say in d2 damage is king, but that is more relative if you ask me :uhhuh: The general reduction of physical damage in pubs is 6 times I guess so if you spams tornados with 5k of damage and a speed of 11 frames you would deal 2,27 * 5000/6 = 1.9k of damage pr. sec + you will stun with hurricane, you will have wolves as shields who will also stun since you will tele on top. And if the opponument is extremely though you can also stun with twister and shift between twister and tornado. So the only advices I can give you are these:
    Get ANNI! ;)
    Drop some of the FHR/FCR to get down to 99/99 and get your resist maxed in hell (don't stack, absorb is about half as good as stack)
    Last, but not least :p get +life skillers all the way get +life on your ele skillers and +life scs this will bring you life up to about the double which is extremely nice with 75% block, 75% all res in hell (absorb vs those who gives you negative res or gives to much damage) and 50% damage reduce ^^

13. NightKidzZ

Thanks again 4 the help:)
    But it seems if I use Strom Shield, I will not get 99FCR at all:( only about 80fcr is the max I can get with Ss...
    And yes I will try to get an Anni..
    But Is hard to buy Anni with out get cheat by other Jks..I losst a um 4 trade anni with some pank..