Max Block vs Max Vita

LarryPaul

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Block vs Max Vita

the returning question... max block vs max vita. I'm talking duel of/c.

I would have gone with the max block until it hit me that HotO would really come to its right with max vita...

So now I'm just looking for people who has actually tried both builds, and letting them share their experience with the people-

Btw, it's an all-round duel build. So don't give me that "depends if you host mage or melee" :)

edit: using homuc as shield.

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends, what shield do you plan on using? How is your style of play? I'd most likely say go for block. But it depends if you enjoy using bone prison or bonewall in your strategic play or not. Personally I myself am making a Bonemancer for PvM mainly but I also expect to run into a few duels so I will be maxing block. I know with Homuc the dex req isn't extravagent, I plan to be using Enigma so the stat points I save in str will be used in dex too. I'm pretty sure the dex req is under 200 but I'll go find out

here

Dexterity: Now here is where some debate, max block or no/minimal dex? I duel in Clan-Honor which restricts skills such as bone spirit/bone wall/bone prison, so blocking is more of an issue then it is in public games. With a Homunculus, you need around 193 dex total at level 99 for max block, the best thing would just be putting points into dex until you see 75% block in your screen. However, some choose no dex, instead wanting mass vita which can work, but think of it this way, 75% block means 75% chance to take no damage and potentially last longer. Though if you use no dex, then you can have more life, but a crappy chance to block, it's your call really, I prefer having max block. However, if you duel only public games or in dueling leagues where there are no limitations on skills, then feel free to go mass vita and minimal dex to use gear.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
But do you still have max block while teleporting?
AFAIK the game will still check for block during a cast animation.

The only time blocking is reduced is when running, and that's 1/3. Even then, you still have a chance to block.

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
Dexterity: Now here is where some debate, max block or no/minimal dex? I duel in Clan-Honor which restricts skills such as bone spirit/bone wall/bone prison, so blocking is more of an issue then it is in public games. With a Homunculus, you need around 193 dex total at level 99 for max block, the best thing would just be putting points into dex until you see 75% block in your screen. However, some choose no dex, instead wanting mass vita which can work, but think of it this way, 75% block means 75% chance to take no damage and potentially last longer. Though if you use no dex, then you can have more life, but a crappy chance to block, it's your call really, I prefer having max block. However, if you duel only public games or in dueling leagues where there are no limitations on skills, then feel free to go mass vita and minimal dex to use gear.
Like Pooshy said, max block is nice, considering necros only get +2 health per point in vit, you would be better off getting hp from charms and gear. I went for max block on my necro, and it's saved my butt so far. :smiley: