Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max-block on sp hc trapsin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Psymayn, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Psymayn

Psymayn IncGamers Member

Yea it's all in the title. Should I go for max-block on a singleplayer hardcore pure trapsin or are the points better spent in vitality? Also, is the preferable shield spirit monarch or should i go for something like a stormshield for easier access to max-block? Any experience and/or thoughts on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'm not a fan of max block on my HC casters. I think you will get better all around utility with vitality than with block. I find this especially true on an Assassin, since you can get a large amount of an even better block with a few points in weapon block.
    Shield blocking provides no protection against ranged elemental damage, which is one of your bigger threats.

If you were to go max block though, I probably wouldn't do either SS or spirit though. They both require to much str IMO, and you'll not have enough points left for vitality for my taste. This is especially true for spirit, as its natural blocking is too low and requires even more dex. Not sure if you'll be using CtA or not, but I don't consider less than 1k life in hell a good idea.

0x62616c616e6365 likes this.
  3. Psymayn

Psymayn IncGamers Member

So you would go for double claw with just 1 point in weapon block and no extra points in dex?

4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I'd probably want to end up with somewhere around level 5-9 with +skills, so it depends a bit in your gear setup, but even 1 point is a big help if you don't want to spend more points.

5. Psymayn

Psymayn IncGamers Member

Okay, thank you very much :)

6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Go for claw block instead. Your trapper shouldn't get into melee range with anything. Cloak of Shadows shuts the rest down. And Mind Blast for real emergencies.