Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

M'avinaZon build? Help please!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Shadow Paladin, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Shadow Paladin

Shadow Paladin Diabloii.Net Member

M'avinaZon build? Help please!

Alright, I got myself full M'avina, and I thought I could make a PvM build out of it. So my plan is to actually make her both elementals: Ice and Fire. Here is my plan, tell me if it's viable or not:

Skills:
    20 Cold arrow (+12% -- Best synergy for Freezing)
    20 Freezing Arrow
    20 Exploding arrow (+10% -- Apparently the best choice, again)
    20 Immolation Arrow
    1 in each passive skills (which makes 6 in all)
    Bow prerequisites (4 in all)

Final build would be completed at around level 78. Is that a viable way to go to be successfull in PvM in most all game areas? Should I maybe concentrate on only 1 elemental tree and get phys. damage, instead?

Gear:
    -M'avina set (helm and armor socketed with Um rune for resists, Bow socketed with 5/5 Fire facet, since the completed set will already give me cold% enhanced damage). I'm also thinking of putting Jah instead, in the bow, for an easier time in Hell in PvM. Is it worth it?
    -Boots: Gore Rider??? Eth Waterwalk? I really don't know...
    -Amulet: Don't know either. I'm thinking a low Mara, or perhaps a HighLord's wrath, if I cannot afford Maras.
    -Ring1: Raven, for nice AR bonus, Dex and Cannot Be Frozen mod.
    -Ring2: Don't know yet... Suggestion? Is there any unique rings that would fit, or should I try to be finding a dual-leeching ring? I'm realizing I might be lacking life and mana leech, since I'll be using alot of arrow spells. Any tips?
    -Skillers: I don't know yet... Should I try to concentrate on Bow & Crossbow charms, or are Passive GCs a better alternative?

Stats:
    STR: Enough to wear the gear
    DEX: Everything left??
    VIT: Don't know yet...
    ENE: Nothing, as usual, I guess...

Is it really gonna help to boost Dex for more damage? Should I pump Vitality, too?

Does this seem like a viable build? Comments and ideas are welcome! Thanks for reading.

-Chris

2. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

The build you're making is actually a Magezon. Mavinas set is mostly for Frostmaidens (based on Ice skills only). You'll be in big trouble since you have low mana leech, so you'll need to put Insight on merc.

Anyway if you're rich enough to afford a Jah, why not make a Ice bow and make a pure Frostmaiden with Strafe as backup instead?

Just my first thoughts, maybe I'll add some more later.

3. MoonUnit

MoonUnit Diabloii.Net Member

Mavs is kinda low on damage but it is good fer a strafe zon; that might work but you would be kinda in trouble w/ duel immunes. I have a FA/strafe mavs zon, they do pretty well fer the most part.

As for the ring, you will need mana leech if you go duel elemental arrows...so a nice duel leech ring does wonders. Ammy, go with highlords or cat's eye. Gore riders or treks fer boots. Only suggustions; my mavs zon uses manald, carrion wind, mav bow/helm/belt/armor/gloves, treks, cat's eye; she does pretty good lol first zon an all the points are messed up but she rocks w/ multi :)

EDIT: drat Leohappy beat me to it :p

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

The build will be OK. FA/Strafezons are a little slow in killing but you can beat hell with the full set. Strafe will get you back your mana as FA drains it.

Get a valk, too. She will help keep monsters off your back and a might merc will help damage a little bit. Maybe put only 10 in CA and use the spare 10 for valk.

Don't "pump" vit, but you will need some because in hell some monsters will one hit kill you if you're not careful, especially the dreaded stygian dolls in the Durance. Put everything you can spare in dex, as you'll need it for damage. I usually save stat points and use them when needed. If I find I am getting hit hard I will place some in vit. If I need some for a piece of gear I want to use, I place them there.

As far as rings and ammy, I use a nagel for my FA/Strafezon, but I want the MF. Otherwise find something with resists and + dex. Ammy is a Mahim-Oak Curio for the + to dex. But you may want a rare ring with + to skills.

5. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid Diabloii.Net Member

Assuming you dont have ias from an amulet you can also think about socketing a shael rune in the bow and 2 ias jewels in the diadem and armor to rach the next frame.