Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

M'avina Set

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bobert, Feb 2, 2004.

1. bobert

bobert IncGamers Member

M'avina Set

1. how good is this set?
    2. how expensive is it?
    3. would i be better off just using a buriza and other equip?

2. Anthcrazy

Anthcrazy IncGamers Member

En mi opinion...

First of all, if you're playing a Bowazon in Hell you are going to have dificulty; period. Be forewarned.

Ma'vinas set is alright, but the bow is weak. Also, you can get better +skill from gear other than Mavs. Mavs is also very expensive. I was fortunate enough to have good friends that would trade me. The belt is common, and the bow is pretty easy to get too. The armor will pose the greatest problem for you. It's probably as rare as trangs; I know Ive seen 10 times more trang armor than Mav armor. I guess if you have a lot of valuable items/runes to trade then get Mavs for the excellent resistances. In Hell my Bowazon was maxed in Fire and Poison. However, you can make up those resists with Disciple and still use a better bow. I suggest WF or upgraded buriza.

3. bobert

bobert IncGamers Member

how would i upgrade my buriza?

4. Anthcrazy

Anthcrazy IncGamers Member

Socket it in Act 5. Mine has a Nef rune. Also, if you play ladder you can use the cube to upgrade the dmg and reqs from exceptional to elite; this process doesn't change the attributes of the item.

5. zamoda

zamoda IncGamers Member

hmm, amazons dressed with mavinas look ugly... brrr who wants to play with such fat *** chick?

6. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

Another consideration for Mav's is the addition of a fairly decent amount of cold damage with (almost) a full set. I haven't actually tested this set yet, but I have a lvl 18 bowazon working her way up to it.

7. det

det IncGamers Member

You need to be on ladder to do it with a Horadic Cube receipe, which can be found at the Arreat Summit.

Well, any character will have difficulties in hell..and if you play HC and/or ladder even more so. Lv 90+ have died there, many of them Guardians.

That said, my Immolation zon with a Kuko and Duriels shell can hold her own in act 2 hell so far. With a friends zon that uses FA and strafe around and some BO on us, we can play fairly safe. Toss in a druid and an assassin with Lightning traps, you have a fairly powerful alround party.

Shame that the old posts are gone, but there seem to be quite some people out there who have build sucessful M'avina zons (the set boni sound very nice). Of course..there is always that one guy who has the 400ed Matriachal bow with 2 open sockets...and apparently there are still people around here that advocate the use of 40/15 jewels, 160/60 armours etc... :rant: Thought that these duped items would have been deleted and their users banned by now.

8. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

I found the armor twice, and from what i see in the trade forums/channels, it's not that rare. Now the diadem is a different story.

9. tl998

tl998 Banned

where should I mf to find the diadem and the bow?

10. DarkFox

DarkFox IncGamers Member

I believe they will *only* drop in act5 on hell difficulty.

11. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

I have on USWest Ladder if you don't want to MF for them. But the Diadem and Bow aren't too pricy, I got both for a Um rune. A Shako would get you both easy.

12. zel_grayw

zel_grayw Banned

Not only in a5 hell, but also in the pit and in the cow level :}

13. The_Worst

The_Worst IncGamers Member

Mavina's Battle Hymn

I found 2 bows, one diadem, one armor and the rest of the set from doing Diablo runs. One of the bows was found in Ancients way on my way to meet the Three. It's not hard to find/trade and I like the set. Search the forums for the build for this set.

14. det

det IncGamers Member

I believe since the forums crashed a few days ago, you won't have any luck with the SEARCH feature. All it brings up are empty threads :(

15. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

totally agree - at least on EU ladder ~ diadem > armour > bow > rest

tho armour and bow are v close in value imo

16. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

its funny how the price fluctuates person to person. sometimes non amazon believers/players find these set items and think they are worth less, while others think they've found a gold mountain.

if you actually look at the items themself, you'll find that the diadem and bow worth less than the armor, but in reality that the rarity of both combined is more rare than the armor. every class can use a good armor, but less than half of them would want either the diadem or the bow. some items are just rare and useless, while others are more abondant but more demanded (aka. shako) just my 2 cents.