Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mava Frosty>?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Elvish_Legion, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Mava Frosty>?

After gettign all the mavs set and reading that new fa guide I was inspired to make a vamp frosty using mavs but my question really is , is mavs bow big enough to leech?

Her lay out will be
    Mavs set (Vex'ed Bow, 15/15ias/res helm and armor)
    Silkweave boots (for the mana per kill and max mana)
    Eye of the Eltich (mines 10 sec)
    Raven Frost and Soj

14-20 small 2 second cold charms
    2 bow skillers

Stats
    Enough Str to use allgera (counting adders)
    about 100 vit
    Rest into dex

Is that how it should be?
    Elvish

2. techie

techie IncGamers Member

why do you want a Vex in your bow? Rather costly when all you want is Mana leech... Considering all the charms you're using, you don't really need Eye, you can substitute something else there, like a skills/mana leech ammy, or a Cresent moon.
    Instead of the soj (if you're leeching enough, then you don't really need the increased mana pool) a BK ring might be nice.

3. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

or, instead of a soj slap a 7% manald on, or better yet a dual leech ring. That will help your mana WAYYY more than the increased mana from the soj, since you're going vamp style anyway, so you have a smallish mana pool to begin with (so the soj won't give you much actual mana).

Good luck with your mav zon!

--fatty

4. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Shes lvl 17 right now using

Full Artic
    3sap crown
    +1dex boots (still looking for gore foot)
    2x 7% m. Heals (14 ML)
    Eye of the Eltich (+1skill 10 freeze dur)

She has 111mana
    does 67-109 Cold Arrow and 32-63 Multi Shot Skill levels are
    11Cold Arrow
    2Multi
    2MagicArrow
    2Crit Strike
    2Inner Sight
    2Slow Missle
    2Dodge
    2Avoid
    That is skills with gear on
    Her stats are
    64Str
    68Dex
    33Vit

The problem Im having is even with 14ML I cannot sustain a fire rate for more than a couple of seconds, it burns far to fast. Any advice?

Elvish

5. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

For the manaleech to work, you need some damage to leech of, and at lvl 17 no bow will provide that.....not that i know of at least. Youll just have to kep chugging mana pots in the earlier lvl's and wait for better bow and more dex so that your damage will be high enough to leech from

6. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

The arctic set is nice for a cold-based amazon at low levels, but unfortunately, the bow does very poor physical damage. Regardless of how much mana leech you have on, you won't be able to keep up using that bow. However, there really aren't any great bows until you can use skystrike. I'd try and get by with normal attack, and use cold arrow only when you need to. The arctic set gives enough cold damage to give you a fairly easy time up to act 4-5, where you should be able to level enough to use a skystrike.

The low levels are definately the hardest for a bowazon, so just stick it through until you can get a bigger bow, and you should do great. If you have to, try to find a good party that you can tag along with, and even if you can't keep up with killing speed, your cold damage should at least be able to give a significant contribution in keeping your party members safe.

7. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Well I was able to get her a 3 socket 3 psaped edge bow (Im playing SP so a party is WAY outta the question) Shes in act 2 lvl 21 about to go after the cube staff and ammy so far I haven't had to many mana problems I use ice to freeze and magic to kill it works great

Elvish