Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mav zon ar problem

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Luckymofo, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

mav zon ar problem

My pvm mav zon has very low ar; 5k. So far, i put only about 2 points in penetration for a bit more ar. My dex is about 200. I use enchant on switch which gives me a total of 8.5k ar. I would like to reach 10k ar, but it's hard finding ar charms. I use rare rings and rare ammy. Any suggestions?

2. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

If you're using strafe, your dex is W-aaay too low. Get at least 100 more dex, and put more points into penetrate.
    If you're using FA, then just drink some mana pots, your AR isn't that bad.
    If it's really bad, use Angelic ammy + Angelic ring.
    Also, where in the game are you, and what's your level?

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

ravenfrost? low ones are pretty cheap nowadays.

4. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

dual rfrost and cats eye

hire a hell act2 offensive blessed aim merc. there already lvl +70, try one out with no gear and go to act1 and see how much ar he gives.

5. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

im hell lvl 80ish. I need my rare rings and ammy for res. so how many base pts in penetrate?

6. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

You are wearing full Mavina's set. Even completing only Nm quests that means your resistances are positive in Hell. As the str req for that set are low you must have pumped Vitality ( please don't say u added to Energy ) so all you need focus on is Dexterity. My Mavazon totally pwnd Hell except for Baal. Even ancients were done solo but I admit I drank so many pots I made Barney Gumble look teetotal. I have maxed penetrate and strongly recommend that you do if you can muster the pts. If not then you need to wear as many sml dex sc's as you can find. Please post a skill pt and stat pt layout so we can all criticise any alleged newbiness. :p

The previous suggestions all work. My Mavazon is FA/strafe and also wears raven, rare dual leech with res, war travs and atama's scarab. You cannot reach the next strafe Bp with mavs so I sacrificed the socket in the bow to safety and put nef in. Between Amp dmg and Knockback I cleaned out Chaos sanctuary last night with 4 players in the game. No major feat but evidence enough that Mavs and strafe can do the job. Knockback is the key. Nef that bow!!!!!!!

One more thing. If you are struggling do as many pit runs as it takes to find cheap res Gc's. With 4 Gc's in your inventory each over 20pts per res you will be at least 40 res all in Hell before Anya. Thats more than enough.

Just checked IceIceBaby's numbers. Stripped of all charms she has 132/349/121/16 which gives 9.7k ar on strafe. I use passive GC's for boost but you could just as easily use all the dex charms you can find/trade to achieve the same numbers. With 2 passive and 1 ar/dmg GC on the ar jumps to 10.5k.