Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mausoleum running?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Mausoleum running?

Because I use a Meteororb to do MF runs, I prefer the Mausoleum above the Pit.

I did like 15 runs on 3 player mode in hell, but I found nothing. Not even a normal unique. Is this how it normaly goes?

I have 350 MF on my Sorceress.

Does anyone have succes with running the Mausoleum?

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

15 is far too little to say something decisive. The Mausoleum is smaller (and faster) than the Pit so you'll probably need more runs before results start showing.

50 runs is usually stated as the bare minimum for saying anything decisive about the viability of a certain MF spot/setup.

Get cracking!

3. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I know that. I just want to know what the experiences of others are, before I spend time on runs wich will give me nothing, not even after 500 runs.

Anyone?

4. Indemaijinj

The only thing that makes the Pit superior to the mausoleum is the bigger amount of boss/champion packs. Mausoleum, however, is much safer (no archers and skeletons and zombies are slow) so you should be able to do it quicker with more MF.

In other words: Go for it!

5. dakon_617

dakon_617 IncGamers Member

I know for myself I ran the Mas. for a bit of time with my Meteorb Sorc and had so-so luck down there. I also ran it at /players 8 and with around 500% MF and 650% w/ Merc getting the kills. The only notable drops for me was Aldur's Deception - Shadow Plate x2 and Natalya's Mark and this was in about 40-50 runs. But like anything else in the game when it comes to MFing it's all really based on luck anyways. Hope this helps a little....

6. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Wait wait wait... the mausoleum is where Blood Raven is located, yes? And the monsters down there can drop tc 87 just like the Pit?? And the monsters are safe, meaning no archers and such... Why the heck haven't I gone to this place yet!?? *pulls his hair out in remembrance of all the times the Pit claimed the life of a character (SC, but still...)*

7. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

As mentioned the Mausoleum is much smaller and has less bosses than the Pit (although the boss density is probably about the same). It has much closer fighting than the Pit which may suit/not suit some classes. I believe it is also free of cold immunes (and only sometimes has fire immunes).

Note only the Mausoleum is level 85, not the Crypt (the other one guarded by Blood Raven). Note also that if you are suited to the Mausoleum, you are probably also suited to the Ancient Tunnels, under the Lost City in Act 2.

8. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Are there any reasons to do the ancient tunnels instead of the Masoleum, besides that it is more open and has a higher difficulty?

9. Indemaijinj

More monsters I guess, but otherwise no. It is less safe and the way there is guarded by the o so annoying potion cats.

10. SideShowBob

SideShowBob IncGamers Member

I like the Mausoleum and the Crypt for MFing. They are pretty good
    really. I've had decent finds there while questing.

11. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

much to my dismay, I've gotten more drops and better in pit than Maus. but I haven't done enough to really say difinatively that it's better. maus is SO much easier though. you can even run it with pure builds

Edit: looked back and realized I used a word that didn't quite fit.

12. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

It is possible to get a map with the Lost City WP right next to the Ancient Tunnels, but you will never have the Cold Plains WP that close to the Cemetery. The Tunnels are bigger, so you spend a little less time restarting games per creature killed.

But otherwise not much. I'm not sure it is higher difficulty, a mlvl 85 monster is an mlvl 85 monster, the only real difference is what attacks they have and what damage types they are immune to. Immunities in the Tunnels are about the same as the Mausoleum.

13. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

14. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

1) if you play melee, you will hate mausoleum, you can't leech their.
    2) if you play fishy, you will hate there too, pit is much safer for fishy, the mausoleum is too small, your skelly can't fight properly there, if there is any hard boss, you will have hard time, especially unbreakable PI with other mods (eg. holy shock).
    3) run pass blood raven without killing her doesn't feel good, kill her waste time, or even dangerous sometimes.
    4) the pit is much much better place.

15. VenomTheVirus

VenomTheVirus IncGamers Member

Death, you didn't count Ele Druid, Assns, Zons, and Sorcs.

If it's easier for you till you get better and get " worn-in " with your character, I say go for it.

16. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I didn't. for elememental or ranged build (sorc, ele druid, trapsin, bowzons), Pit is less safe, ture. but in general speaking, Pit is better place, all build can run there without much trouble. plus, from WP to the pit is shorter, therefore save time. The number of champ/boss in pit makes it better too.

River of Flame is a good place to MF too. It has good chance to drop runes is a Plus.

17. VenomTheVirus

VenomTheVirus IncGamers Member

Yes, but he may not have the gear to get the results he needs ( I'm assuming hes impatient ) or skill with his character ( could be his first sorc ).

Yes, Pit is a better place, but if you have too much trouble, and not high enough MF yet, run Maus.

18. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

My quest map put the Far Oasis WP right near the exit to the Lost City, and the Tunnels a step or two into the Lost City. From the Far Oasis WP it's about 4 teleports to the Tunnels. The tunnels though are roughly the same size as the Mausoleum I would say. With my sorc I do the Mausoleum and Ancient Tunnels and don't bother with the Pit as the immunities and archers are wearisome for a Sorc (especially a HC one!)

So far I haven't had stunning luck down there, but I only do the occassional run as Meph is still my meat and veg.

As Thrugg said, "The Pit" is the buzzword at the moment, it is by no means "the better place", it's just that so many people are running it, but if you can run another L85 area easier then I say do it. WSK is still probably the ultimate if you can cope with the special attackers there. :)

Butz. :teeth:

19. Hadrian

Hadrian IncGamers Member

A friend of mine found Arachnid Mesh, on his first run there ever...

20. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

One thing about the mas., everything is lightning immune. Not the best place for a pure trapsin as you'll probably have to kill everything with fire blast. It's a slow run for the trapsin. I would imagine that jav/spear based zons don't think too much of it either. :)

jrichard