Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Maul question

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Great_Evils, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Maul question

My barb is currently running trav for gold using a 300% bonesnap, and today I just imbued a 224 martel, but I'm not sure if the pure dmg would outweigh the CB bonesnap gives. Does anyone have a general idea of how much pure dmg would it take to outwiegh the 40% crushing blow?

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

By 224 martel, I assume that you mean 224 enhanced damage... if that is the case, I would imagine that the bonesnap would be more effective, particularly in hell. Not simply due to the damage... it is, after all, quite low compared to the martel ... but the CB makes up for the damage, while Bonesnap also adds resistances. Unless you have high/max fire resist already when facing the Council, that 30 fire resist can't be anything but welcome.

3. Great_Evils

Sorry, by 224 I meant total damage. Can rare weapons even get 224% ed in classic?

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

200% enhanced is max so I assume that's not what he meant.

5. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Fixed for accuracy.

6. Great_Evils

So....should i keep imbuing martels and try to get super high dmg....or stick with bs for my runs?

7. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

is that really neccessary? this is the classic forum so I don't think specifying classic every time we say something is neccessary.

8. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

I use a 252 martel with no ias :( , but it has poison damage and 6% mana leech. WW'ing large spawning mobs happens to me half the time, and I need to keep them from rehealing and to get mana back fast when mana-burned. Bonesnap is history, and seems to be for every hi lvl maul barb I meet.

Bonesnap became more popular after 1.10, the hugh hp now make it useful. Still, many prefer steeldriver for its potentially higher listed damage and high ias for things like necessary berserk situations: physical immunes and oblivion knights.

I just seem to be killing the mobs faster with what i got now, than with a bs or steeldriver. Unfortunately, I cant provide some breakpoint number. Sure martels require hugh str - 169, but then ornate plate is 170.

9. Great_Evils

well this maul will be used almost strickly in travincal, i've only encountered a phys immune super-unique council member a few times, and i dont have to worry about IM. however, if you say you are killing faster with your maul than with bsnap, ill just keep imbuing and hope for a keeper lol

10. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

heres the plain awful truth

300ed bsnap > 300 dmg martel

I have a pure pvm strength maul barb and bsnap does more damage than the mart (less listed dmg though)

Fred