Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

maul pvp druid

Discussion in 'PvP' started by fredsta54, May 30, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

maul pvp druid

I know maul is considered unviable, or not that great, cause you need godly gear to make it work. But what if you made 1 with 39 X 3/xx/xx scs and perf anni. 4 fpa phase blade or 5 fpa griz caddy. godly rest of gear. I think it'd be pimp and stylish, while winning a couple duels due to stun and high speed

Fred

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Well u may be the first to make it work, so if u got the funds and dont mind experimenting go for it :D

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Well it's always viable. Though considering the wealth you put in it. You can make a few very very good duelers work.

4. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

wealth isnt an barrier, i usually just dedicate myself to 1 character at a time, spend all my funds on it, then when i get bored (if ever) tear it down and use its equipment to get gear for a diffirent, godly char. ill have 1 functional character and 7 mules most of the time :lol:

Fred

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Heh, thats what i do as well, the problem though is most of mauler's gear is extremely specific, u would have a hard time trying to trade it away later.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I concur... extremely true. Lol the only Maul Druid I've seen were Earth Shifter wielding Ele druids... but that wasn't too smart...

- Dennis

7. Satans_Advocate

Satans_Advocate IncGamers Member

So what would be a good mauler pvp set up?
    i was thinking-
    Hi ar 4 ss cerebus (cham)
    Fortitude armor
    shael'd SS
    Dungos
    Angelics ammy + 2x ring
    Up'd gores
    Dracs/rends?
    4 shael 2 40/15 pb ( made in perf sup 15 ed

Max werebear
    Max lyc
    Max maul
    Max HoW ( bears have ****ty ar)

max/Ar/life charms + ani, 10x shapeshift for prebuff

Viable in melee duels at all?

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Well if you load yourself with 3/20/xx then you wouldn't have crappy AR so you can use Oak Sage.

9. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

wereber has crapp ar, u definitely need angelic.

oak > how, always.

10. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

2 problems that make werebears not fun to use in pk.

their fhr sucks

casters will tear them because of thier fhr.

11. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Fortitude is not a good choice for maulers using the 4 fpa pb, or even the gris caddy since their damage is so low. Usually maulers use a 4 sock archon of whale/stab filled with 4x 30 maxes or close to it.

12. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

I actually have a viable dvd pvp mauler, and it has a few other advantages as well. Few things to note about maulers for 1.10.

Defense matters. With that said, fortitude and stone are your best options for armors.

Pure maulers are a thing of the past. You have to have fireclaws for ar and stun locking purposes. Charge the maul and then switch over. If you use stone, you can do about 2k or 3k damage extra with it. Very useful against melee guys.

Casters will *not* tear you apart if you know how to duel with the druid. A good 2 handed weapon and shockwave tends to tear them up. Tomb reaver 3 shaels is my favorite.

HoW >>>>Oak sage, for sure. extra 3k life or extra 5k ar? Take your pick.

Highlords vs. angelics? I would rather use the highlords. Its a huge part of your damage, and losing something like gores or travs for hsarus is a much better option.

cham cerebus isn't all that useful. Shael, pruby, 30 max, etc, are all much better options. If you are a phase bear, use the 30 max. Its around 300 more damage max to your attack. Very useful.

you *need* 86 fhr, so a couple of rough formulas I have developed. If stone, use rends for gloves (extra ed helps a lot), and if fort, use bloodfists (gotta make up that fhr) caddy/gores and phase/travs (unless you need more ar or something).

3/20/20s aren't all they're cracked up to be. 10/60+ar/35+ life grands I feel are much better due to the added damage and attack rating. You should still hit close to 5k+ life or more, depending.

always use at least some form of buff. a 5 mangs on switch is the very least I would recommend. Bears have it hard enough as is, so a little extra time can improve your odds greatly.

This isn't everything, but these are a few of the things I have learned dueling with my mauler. I hope it helps you out, and I will be making future maulers with different setups, to see if there are other viable ones out there. If you have any future questions about them, you can message me at on USEast at themechanix (account I play most of the time) or pm me here.

good luck!
    --welt