Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Maul Damage?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Stevomoo, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

Maul Damage?

i know people say its bad but people who use this what damage do u get. i have been looking at this skill and at high lvls it will give crazy ed. has anyone ever fully maxed/synergised it and then given him a ebotd war pike (yes i know its slow) i wanted to know how much damage it can hit and i think it would be sweet.

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Re: Maul Damage?

I think an eBOTD GPA would be far more effective & faster.

I couldn't really tell you the numbers since I use Grief, and yea you'll do potentially higher damage output than a Fury wolf if you build hybrid. I've played with a few ribcracker wolves... I dunno, imo I think I kill faster lol--exception would be bosses >.< Basically right now I'll do similar physical damage with an added ~7k fireclaw ontop (only less than 1.5 synergies too). I don't know what sorta gear you have or wealth, but if you're planning on solo'ing hell I suggest hybrid you'll literally have zero dead matchups... (just that nub from that trav vid lol :cry:)

3. Antonio

Antonio IncGamers Member

BOTD GPA would hit 7 fpa maul with 30 off weapon ias, which isn't bad. I had a 7 fpa maul on my bear, but he used a ShaelEthShael Tomby. It sure is fast enough, hits decent too, but it's still a single target attack...

4. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Scroll in front of you holding your primary attack (Fireclaw, maul,..) as your "right click", it'll greatly improve your kill speed and auto attack for you, as long as you dont click on an enemy.

Fury might have 9/5/5/5 etc vs 7/7/7/7... faster consecutive, slower initial, it sorta evens out in consistency. Fury can also miss causing your follow ups to "slip" ^.~

5. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

The one benefit of Maul is that you do not need to fully synergize it to get it's massive damage benefits, leaving loads of extra points to place elsewhere to strengthen your build. I've advocated using a combination of a 5 or so point Maul in combination with a single point Hunger. Using a decent fast weapon (like IK Maul), you can reach a 7 frame Maul and 6 frame Hunger. Maul left click and Hunger right click and you'll not only be doing tons of damage but also be capable of leeching back massive life and mana when you need it.