Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Maul Barbs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 23, 2004.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Maul Barbs

I have a level 91 maul barb w/ enigma and eth botd T-maul. This guy destroys people in duels and is great against monsters too, especially DClone. Why don't other people make more maul barbs like mine? Are they just plain not poplular? He is non-ladder by the way.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

People don't make them because they are non cookie cutter, people see maul and they immediatly assume that they suck. Wouldn't you rather be an original?

3. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Think that's bad, u should look at my .09 axe barb. Boy ppl loved calling me a noob for that char....

BTW for those of u that always thought axe barbs were the worst chars in the game i'd like to inform u that no, they can actually be good.

4. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

I have a maul barb but dont have the funds to get a thunder maul to make him uber :drool:

5. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

I see maul barbs quite regularly in my games. Or at least I did last night when I was lvling mine up. I'm going for a semi-titan build with the IK set. Think it might work. I have about 300 str and 100 vit(hence the semi-titan) and the damage just rocks with my steeldriver martel de fer. (about 2k ww, conc 2.5k and rising now I'm pumping bo)
    People tend to make comments initially about wielding a maul but when they saw me ripping up monsters gaining n'ary a scratch they tend to STFU.
    Still not looking forward to the chaos sanctuary...... Zerk is such a pain with no leech.

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

my full ik barb loves his "other" weapon.

Perfect %ed Bonesnap upgraded to Elite. Dmg is sick.

GG zerk / ww

7. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

i hope you are joking.

anything (not purposely handicapping yourself) with a BOTD at level 91 do well.

8. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

i use a "semi-titan" (~300 str/~150 vit) maul barb right now at lvl 86
    with lvl 84 might merc=gg
    fairly fast pit runner, too ~.^

i'm VERY satisfied with the character (tho i've always been patrial to mace babas :teeth: )

2x shael IK 40% cb
    shaft
    4 max 8%ll 15 str 13 fire 12 cold ring
    angel halo
    angel wings
    ptopaz stealskull 73% ^^
    sigs from the waist down :eek:

works well, but still lacking resistance as nat res only helps so much (lvl 15)

9. poull

poull IncGamers Member

What main attack skill do you maul barbs use? WW or Conc? Is it good to use both? (my barb uses IK set).

10. Awesomeaj108

Awesomeaj108 IncGamers Member

Wut Skill 4 IK

WW is the best 4 IK. The Dmg doesnt get incredibly high so u want a skill w/ better crowd control, so Conc is outta the question. If you do decide to go up in WW make sure u put all the soks on ur IK Maul w/ IAS, for WW only gets its ias from the weap... then just skt the armor/helm w/ ed jewels. If you can afford 40/15 throw them in the maul but dont bother putting them n e where esle. But i dont think the ik set is worth and 40/15's so shaels in the Maul would be most appropriate. My ik Barb has just that 2x shaels in maul, 2x 40% ed's in helm, and a 40% ed in armor, its pretty tight!

11. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

What's the damage?

Can you list the damage on the upgraded bonesnap? I also have a perfect bonesnap, but I usually use the treestump after I get to that level...

BTW I made an conc barb and an ww barb with a full ik set, and the ww barb worked much better with IK... imho

12. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

*yawn* sorry, but it had to be said.

13. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

You don't see many like you because you don't see many Enigma and Eth BOTD T-Mauls in the first place

14. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

A full IK set barb with the right rings, ammys, and sockets will be unstoppable in PvM the only hting that will touch him is iron maiden. He will have 75 resists 30dr(or 20) around 18k defence, easily 4.5k life. His damage will be around 5.5k enough to rip stuff apart fairly fast. Thats just my opinion. I need to reassamble my IK barb. Traded away to make a perfect hammerdin and I dont know how much I'm liking the hammerdin he just cant take a beating the way my barb could.

15. chubbypuppy

what kinda eq?

Can you please list the "right" set of eq to get that kinda damge and life?

I'm currently level 83, with the warcries active I have:

2524-4231 listed ww dmg (poison included)
    13676 def
    3540 life

I'm nowhere near your listed values... I'm using highlords, ravenfrost, BK ring. Not much else I can add...

16. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

well I'm not sure but your setup sounds pretty good. Do you have Metalgrid and maxed shout? Metalgrid adds something like 350 defence which gives a huge bonus when affected by shout. I also had a bunch of life charms. I had 40ed jewels in helm and armor so theres another 120 ed. I think that 5500 dmg is with a might merc too. without the might merc I'm at 5k I think. I have my str very low, something like 170 and I have the rest of my points in vitality. My IK barb is very optimized/ was very optimized.

17. chubbypuppy

Im more "peaceful"

Ah no I'm not using metalgrid, I'm using highlords. I'm also using (or trying to raise) a holy freeze merc, my favorite. I know that might merc will raise the damage, but a holy freeze with a reaper toll can make everything pretty harmless so I can whirl away safely.

18. Roverite

Roverite IncGamers Member

Well trig im gonna be making mine soon. I just need to get hold of a vex rune and ive got my botd :D Just wondering how to make him wot str,dex,vit do you have and im having skills 20mast,20bo,20shout,20iron skin,20 ww,1berserk,1 items find,1 nat resist rest in pre req would this be viable?

19. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

dmg on ik is listed as 200-300 ('ish)
    dmg on my precious is listed as 31x-41x ('ish)

the 'ish means: in that neighborhood.

bascially my baby is about 100-120 more base phys dmg.

g

20. XG_Darkside

XG_Darkside IncGamers Member

So how much IAS does the IK maul need to hit the last WW breakpoint? Do you have to use 2xShaels or will 2 ED/15IAS jewels work?