Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mature Clan/Community Recruiting!

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by IAmHotshot, Oct 3, 2006.

1. IAmHotshot

IAmHotshot IncGamers Member

Mature Clan/Community Recruiting!

Many players who want to join a clan usually find themselves asking: "What clan should I join anyways?". For some it's the first clan they see; for others, their expectations are so high that they end up staying alone. Most people eventually find a clan of some sort, but they either end up leaving it due to inactivity or watch it fall apart. There are some good clans out there, and I'd like to think this is one of them. I hope you'll consider joining up and deciding for yourself.

I am Hotshot, the leader of Clan GIS- Guardian's Inner Sanctum. I founded this clan about one and a half years ago because I was in so many clans that failed that I decided to make my own and do things right.

So what's so 'great' about Clan GIS? Well, for starters, it's a clan that won't fall apart over the weekend like most clans do. We're active in the forums and online. Although fairly large, the clan remains as personal as anybody could possibly want. Also:
    • Over 40 forums and sub-forums, so there’s always something to talk about. The forums are a great place to lounge around, chat, and get to know your fellow gamers.
    • A diverse player base. Our members range from some of the best in their respective games (mostly Diablo 2) to players that have just started playing, and just about everything in between. In this clan, you'll always feel like you're among friends; I practically guarantee it.
    • A GFX community. If you’re into GFX (experienced or still new), you can check out the tutorials, open up your own signature/avatar shop, and test your skills against other members, and other websites. If you’re not a huge gamer, you can just join our forum as a GFX member. If you’re not into GFX, you can still have forum signatures/avatars created for you by members of the GFX team for free.
    • A competitive duel ranking system. The clan isn’t centered on dueling, but if you’re into dueling, you can test/improve your skills if you decide to join up with us. There’s even an elite ESCNL dueling division within the clan, so if you’re really good, you can try out for that. (note: the duel ranking system is currently inactive, but will be up again after some revisions)
    • Tags are not required. However, many members do use tags in their accounts and/or characters to show their dedication to the clan.
    • Your voice will be heard. Almost all of the changes/decisions that are made are voted on by everyone in the clan who wishes to. The voting is done in polls in which all members can cast their votes. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to post their suggestions or feedback in the suggestions/feedback forum.
    • A forum arcade. There are over about 20 fun games with working high scores so you can see how your score stacks up against other clan members. Make sure to try out the arcade if you decide to join up with us. The arcade is currently being rebuilt, so within a week or so there will be over 60 games.
    Requirements:
    • Maturity: We are a mature guild, and are only looking for mature members. Although age isn't always the best determinant of maturity, you must be at least 16 years old if you want to join the clan. Exceptions can be made for people that are younger than that, but act like they're at least 16.
    • Respect: Treat your fellow clan members as equals. Nobody is a better person than anybody else, regardless of their experience or wealth.
    • Obedience: As all clans, we have our own set of rules which all members are asked to follow.
    • Selflessness: We don't want people to come to us looking for free items or a quick way to get rich. The knowledge and help you receive may help you get there eventually, but that should not be the main reason you join.
    • Loyalty: You cannot be a part of another clan if you want to join us, unless you're in that clan because they play a game that we don't have an official division in yet (wc3, Guild Wars, WoW, etc).

If you're interested in joining, go to http://www.clangis.com and fill out the application by clicking on the “Join Us†link. You’ll note that the website itself is pretty empty right now, but this is because it was only recently rebuilt.

Games/Realms:
    Diablo 2 LoD: ESCL, ESCNL, WSCL, WSCNL (in order of current size)
    MapleStory: GMS Khaini
    Starcraft: USEast, but I don’t think we have any starcraft players currently.
    Warcraft 3 TFT: Azeroth (unofficial division)
    Many members also play WoW on many different servers, but we don’t have a WoW division yet.

Current total active members: 30+ (10/3/06)
    Clan Channel: Op Clan-GIS (eventually moving to: Clan GIS)

Forum board: http://www.clangis.com/forums
    We’ve recently rebuilt our site and forums, so both are still undergoing some construction.

How to contact me:
    email: hotshot[at]clangis[dot]com
    aim: h0tshot2k4 (first 0 is a zero)
    or just leave a post here

If you have any questions about anything you can always contact me, or send an email to support[at]clangis[dot]com.

I hope to see you there :)

2. essquire

essquire IncGamers Member

Yes,i vouch this statement. I am the US West Realm Leader.

3. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

Are most members in D2Lod from USEast and USWest ?

4. IAmHotshot

We're mostly east right now, but at a time we had about an equal amount on both sides. Hopefully the numbers will even out within a few weeks.

5. essquire

essquire IncGamers Member

Sorry I forgot to mention this in my previous post, and I would, but it won't let me edit it anymore.

I originally found this clan about 8 months ago on htis website, and it has been a great experience. I have made a lot of friends, and have been involved in our active clan forums. I reccomend this clan to anyone who is mature in Diablo 2, because alot of great things will happen to you!

Yes, the US West part of the clan is only at about 3-4 members, but we are trying to recruit more people.

Also, we don't offer free items if you join, I've been getting that question alot.

6. IAmHotshot

If anyone was scared away by our website within the past day, I'm sorry for that, you should check it again now. It's still under construction, so some problems are still lurking about. The banner will also be changed pretty soon.

Also, I just wanted to say that I did not copy the "Clan/Community" thing off of freewynd. I've been using it for over a year, and although they are an older clan than we are, I'm pretty sure we started using it first.:tongue:

7. PunkPenguin

PunkPenguin IncGamers Member

I play on US West ladder, just submitted a registration and will be looking forward to playing with you all if i am accepted. So you can add me to your US West list :p

8. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

9. IAmHotshot

Thank you for your kind words. There is quite a large number of sub-standard clans, but I don't regret their existence. If nothing else, they allow other players to expirience what 'most clans' are like, and to fully appreciate a good one when they find it. I've put this thread here, for example, hoping to find people who are not looking for just any clan, but a good permanent clan. Of course I'm not going to tell anyone that this is a 'good' clan, because that's something that people should decide on their own once they give us a chance.

10. IAmHotshot

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've spent most of the day working on site-related stuff, so now everything is almost 100% 'new member-friendly'. Even if you aren't joining the clan, I would appreciate it if you checked out our site and the application, and posted your thoughts (if any) in this thread so that I would know what people other than myself think of it.

But please don't copy it for your own site :p

11. thkleinp

thkleinp IncGamers Member

Im having problems accessing the site. It says "problem loading page" for me using both Firefox and IExplorer. I went to the channel, but everyone said the website was up. Dunno what's going on, but I would really like to apply. Thanks in advance.

12. IAmHotshot

Have you tried it again since then? The website seems to be working perfectly (although its still a bit empty in some areas). My guess is that it was an issue with your ISP. If the problem persists, post your aim or msn screenname (if you don't have one, you can go to http://aimexpress.aol.com and register one there pretty quickly) and we'll try to get it working together.

13. thkleinp

thkleinp IncGamers Member

14. SkelliPimp

SkelliPimp IncGamers Member

Issue with forums

Hello, Maybe im doing something wrong but I seem to have an issue using the forums. I have registered and logged in but when I try to access any of the forums I get an error message "Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information." and "You do not have permission to view this board". The strange thing part about this is, is that if i log out im able to access the forums. (well some of them)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Skelli_Pload

15. IAmHotshot

thk, I'll try to contact you right now if you're on. I'll be on for a fair part of the day, so I think we'll have a chance to talk at some point.

Skelli, that's exactly what's supposed to happen, but I don't think I made that clear enough in the application thing. You'll be able to 'access' the forums on that account after I validate it, which I'll do in a few minutes. The forums are allowed to be browsed by guests, but the reason I've disabled forum viewing for the validating member group is because I didn't want them reading the 'welcome' PM until after they've been validated, and because it makes managing permission masks so much easier :p

edit: thk, you registered as ignign0kt, right? If so, I'll be accepting your application and validating your account in a second.

Skelli, I didn't recive an application from you. Did you just try to register on the forums directly? If you didn't fill out the application, head over to http://www.clangis.com and click the join us link, or you can just go directly to http://www.clangis.com/ApplyToGIS.php

16. SkelliPimp

Disregard my previous message

I have found that if I dont log in I can access the basic forum pages. Its only when I try to login with my registered user that I have an issue.

I just got finished with the App. but to answer your question I registered with the forum first with out doing the app.

17. IAmHotshot

That's correct, you can access the basic pages when you're logged out, but not when you're on a validating account. I plan to make some edits to explain the situation better to people, but those will take some time (since that aspect of the forums is difficult to modify).

Anyways, your application has now been accepted and you have full access to the forums. You'll also be able to read your 'welcome' message, which will give you an introduction to the forums, and tell you a few important things about how everything works. If you have any questions, there are lots of ways to contact me or someone who knows. You can still post here with your questions, if you'd like.

18. SkelliPimp

Thanks for your help

19. IAmHotshot

Not at all. Glad to have you with us.:smiley:

On an almost completely unrelated note, I should probably let this thread go so I can create a new one and add some updated information.