Matriarchal bow vs GMB

earlarchibald

Diabloii.Net Member
Matriarchal bow vs GMB

So I just found a 4 soc +3 Matriarchal bow. I am planning doing faith (once I find a Ohm rune) but is it worth doing in Matriarchal bow for strafezon? If I understood correctly you don't need too much ias for strafe so the faster attack speed on Matriarchal bow would go to waste?

Otherwise I just make a harmony into it and use it until I find that darn Ohm rune (and GMB ;))

droid

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Matriarchal bow vs GMB

Yeah you want the increased base damage of a GMB for Faith....4os +3 MB is better suited for Harmony or Ice, as those builds rely less on phys damage and more on IAS.

I'd just keep it Harmony all ladder, its my weapon switch of choice as a bowzon...a nice prebuff for Valk, and the Vigor aura really helps whenever you need to cover ground fast. Not like you need a CtA or Demon Limb or anything, anyway, as a bowie.

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

The main question is, why do you want a strafeazon?

Yes, for a strafeazon, gbm easily outperforms mat. However, you could go for some fancy combination build - multishot with freezing arrow - and do just find with that faith.
Faith mat is a very strong choice although gmb is more popular, You just require a slightly different build.

earlarchibald

Diabloii.Net Member

I've never done strafezon. Last time I played bow ama was back when Buriza was considered godly.

Now I want to try doing bow ama. Full physical damage of course.

droid

Diabloii.Net Member

The main question is, why do you want a strafeazon?

Yes, for a strafeazon, gbm easily outperforms mat. However, you could go for some fancy combination build - multishot with freezing arrow - and do just find with that faith.
Faith mat is a very strong choice although gmb is more popular, You just require a slightly different build.
Well, to be fair, a pure strafezon is going to end up looking a lot different than a zon that uses MS, GA, FA, or any other IAS-dependent skill....it lets you skip IAS concerns pretty much entirely for straight +damage and +max. Although WWS to WF is probably the better bow progression for a pure strafer...and MB over GMB offers nothing for a pure Strafer

By "strafer", I think the OP just meant a phys bowazon - MS/Strafe is one of my top 2 recommended builds :)

And honestly, a Faith Gothic Bow would still be a "very strong" choice compared to most other bows, but for the cost of the runes, its worth it to hang on till you find a truly worthy bow to stick it in :)

earlarchibald

Diabloii.Net Member

Yep, well guess I'll make a Harmony out of it.

I was just glad that I found a 4 soc +3 skill elite amazon bow :D

Guess it's time to wait for a GMB

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, to be fair, a pure strafezon is going to end up looking a lot different than a zon that uses MS, GA, FA, or any other IAS-dependent skill....
Offcourse, though a full bowazon outperforms a pure strafeazon. Hence why I find the question somewhat irrelevant - unless earlarchibald isn't one of those bnetters that only want the biggest powerhouse.

In that case, I appologise to earlarchibald.

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member

If you want to make a pure Strafer, use Windforce as bow and put a Pride on your Might-merc.