Matriarch Zima

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
Matriarch Zima

after doing tons of pindle, meph and andy runs, ive decided to mat my girl.
here she is:

Matriarch Zima
lvl 91 Blizzard Sorceress

stats:
strength: 95
dexterity: 42
vitality: 310
energy: 35

skills:
Ice Bolt: 18
Ice Blast: 20
Glacial Spike: 20
Blizzard: 20
Cold Mastery: 19
1 in Static field, Telekinesis, Teleport, Frozen Armor, Shiver Armor

gear (questing and MFing):
helm: Shako w PTopaz
armor: Skullder's Ire w Ptopaz
belt: Arachnid Mesh (occasionaly Snowclash)
gloves: Frostburn
boots: War Traveller
weapon/shield: The Occulus/Lidless Wall w PDiamond (occasionally Moser's w 2xPDiamond)
weapon/shield (switch): Blade of Ali Baba w 2xIst/Rhyme Grim Shield
rings: 2xSoJ
amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
charms: Gheed's Fortune, shimmering small and grand charms, mana, life charms

Merc's Gear:
helm: Vapmire Gaze
armor: Shaftstop (switched to Leviathan recently)
weapon: The Reaper's Toll

the Hellforge gave me crap (Pul IIRC)
the only troubles i've had with her: when fighting those cold immune oblivion knights in the CS and hell witches (?) in the crystaline passage and WSK.
i've been told that the Ancients would give me troubles...but they was easy as pie. The two non-cold immune fell fairly easy (and i didnt get too much damage, i was teleporting in circles around them). The cold immune one went down to the power of my merc. I've continuously pushed him back against a pillar, and my merc's job was easy.
This was initialy planned to be a Tal Rasha's BLizzSorc...but my struggle and efforts to find the amulet were in vain. I was wearing the set (except for the amulet of course) till i've found Shako and Skullder's (both found when running Meph).
My first weapon (at lvl 30) was a wonderful rare orb, with +2 to all skills, %20 FCR, +1 to Blizzard, +2 to CM, some life and mana.
And obviously, i went vita way rather than max block.

that's about it...:D
questions? ...guess not
 

Toppo

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Mat :thumbsup:

... but why Arachnid Mesh instead of Snowclash? :scratch:
 

San

Diabloii.Net Member
Toppo said:
Congrats on the Mat :thumbsup:

... but why Arachnid Mesh instead of Snowclash? :scratch:
Lack of fcr? ah well.. blizz sorc don't need that.. Arachnid also raises them 1 point wonders, static and tele.
 

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
i was just too happy to find an arachnid mesh and it looks so cool assorted with shako (black and green) :)
i've had +10 to all skill levels, and damage wasn't a problem for my sorc...
i also could've used my +3 to cold tree amulet...but instead i went for mara's
indeed, i wanted to have a decent radius on my static
 

martinkingss

Diabloii.Net Member
phatbrava said:
My first weapon (at lvl 30) was a wonderful rare orb, with +2 to all skills, %20 FCR, +1 to Blizzard, +2 to CM, some life and mana.
If its 2+ all sorc skills, its req lvl 42 min. Otherwise, that is a 2+ cold skills orb.
 

San

Diabloii.Net Member
phatbrava said:
i was just too happy to find an arachnid mesh and it looks so cool assorted with shako (black and green) :)
i've had +10 to all skill levels, and damage wasn't a problem for my sorc...
i also could've used my +3 to cold tree amulet...but instead i went for mara's
indeed, i wanted to have a decent radius on my static
Hey, Mara's is always better then a +3 skill tab ammy. The resists are always welcome, at least for me.
 

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
martinkingss said:
If its 2+ all sorc skills, its req lvl 42 min. Otherwise, that is a 2+ cold skills orb.
my bad...true, it was +2 to cold skills
all i've written about my sorc is from memory, so pardon my mistakes

san said:
Hey, Mara's is always better then a +3 skill tab ammy. The resists are always welcome, at least for me.
yup, that's why i went with Mara's
 

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
phatbrava said:
weapon/shield (switch): Blade of Ali Baba w 2xIst
Nice work there. 2x Ist? No way to get this by questing and running. (In my dreams!) ;) Must be twinking pretty heavily too. Not downplaying your accomplishment! :thumbsup: Great work phatbrava.
 

stormlash

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats! That is a way too much character lvl to reach mat status. I think you did too much runs. :D Well done.
 

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
stormlash said:
Congrats! That is a way too much character lvl to reach mat status. I think you did too much runs. :D Well done.
i sure did :) COUNTLESS! i was desperate to get her Tal's ammy to complete the set and have her wear it...pindle, meph and andy were my friends for about 2 weeks
but actually she has gained tons and tons of XP in Ancient Tunnels runs on p8
this girl simply owns the tunnels!!!

as for the two ists...one popped from a chest in Durance 3 (IIRC) or from one of the councils, and the other one from pindle (there's a screenie in the item find thread somewhere)

now...i'd really like to do some ball runs with her...i have only one problem...those cold mages in the second wave ball throws at me...
any tips? i used to park them every time, but they're damn slow and it takes to long...and my chilled merc isnt doing a good job either...help?
 

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the mat

phatbrava said:
now...i'd really like to do some ball runs with her...i have only one problem...those cold mages in the second wave ball throws at me...
any tips? i used to park them every time, but they're damn slow and it takes to long...and my chilled merc isnt doing a good job either...help?
That's what i want to try too after the MFO.
Probably equipping Gladiator's Bane (CBF) should help. I have Eth Reapers so it could help a little.
 

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
phatbrava said:
now...i'd really like to do some ball runs with her...i have only one problem...those cold mages in the second wave ball throws at me...
any tips? i used to park them every time, but they're damn slow and it takes to long...and my chilled merc isnt doing a good job either...help?
I got the idea from an other mat here recently too use nature's peace to prevent mroe mages to be raised. Blizz down the greater mummies then use the merc to kill the mages easily, if you have problems with him being chilled you can switch his armour to something like gladiator's bane when killing them (no PDR needed here). To kill the mages mroe effectively i teleport straight on top of them to make the merc start attacking them immediately. Works for me.

Sry i forgot, great work on the MAT Phatbrava :D
 

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
actually there's no mummy left to raise them after the first couple of blizzards... :)
BUT doh! stupid me...never thought of Duriel's or Gladiators on my merc...guess i was too keen about finding that Leviathan and being used to kill anything myself, not relying on my merc...
hah, lol me :)
thanx guys

edit:
now that i have read my previous post im a bit ashamed of myself...
spelled 'Ball' twice
jeez :)
 

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
How did you deal with the CI('s) in travincal phatbrava? With your merc?

I'm asking because i've also got a blizz sorc going on. In act5 nm ATM.
 

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfgah said:
How did you deal with the CI('s) in travincal phatbrava? With your merc?

I'm asking because i've also got a blizz sorc going on. In act5 nm ATM.
IMO, when playing a single element damage character there's no shame in running away or skipping certain areas infected with monsters immune to your spell.
Actually i've skipped most of Act III Hell, i was really really anxious to get to Meph. Him together with Pindle were the two main reasons i've built this sorc.

Now that i've remembered: had HUGE troubles in the RoF, in the vicinity of the HellForge. Those Flesh Spawners...3 boss packs and fanat from Hephasto...and alot of maggots...my Occy never stopped on teleporting me...merc died several times, dont have to mention that i was really close to kicking the bucket myself.
so watch out
but Nightfish has a great ideea for a blizz sorc and CI's...check out his latest thread on MF...the key is Bonehew
too bad i didnt get that tip before i had to deal with cold immunes
 

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
phatbrava said:
IMO, when playing a single element damage character there's no shame in running away or skipping certain areas infected with monsters immune to your spell.
Actually i've skipped most of Act III Hell, i was really really anxious to get to Meph. Him together with Pindle were the two main reasons i've built this sorc.

Now that i've remembered: had HUGE troubles in the RoF, in the vicinity of the HellForge. Those Flesh Spawners...3 boss packs and fanat from Hephasto...and alot of maggots...my Occy never stopped on teleporting me...merc died several times, dont have to mention that i was really close to kicking the bucket myself.
so watch out
but Nightfish has a great ideea for a blizz sorc and CI's...check out his latest thread on MF...the key is Bonehew
too bad i didnt get that tip before i had to deal with cold immunes
Let's hope that it isn't the CI that drops the flail then ;). As for RoF, you can create new games until Flesh spawners dont spawn.

Thanks for the bonehew tip :thumbsup:
 
Top