Damage without Enchant prebuff: 10k-46k LCS
With prebuff: 15-65K

Attributes (naked / geared)
Strength: 120/160
Dexterity: 32/62
Vitality: 338/377
Energy: 35/40
Life: 3146

Attack Rating: 2319 (With Infinity on the Merc, hitting wasn't a problem.)
Resists in Hell: 75 resist all
FHR: 6fps

Skills (hard points only)
1 Each - Pre-reqs
1 Teleport
20 Fire Mastery, Enchant, Warmth
20 Lightning Mastery
11 Shiver Armor
[+6 to all skills from gear, another from CtA buff]

Gear
Amulet: Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Helm: Dream Bone Visage
Weapon: Griswold’s Redemption, x4 Shael
Shield: Dream Hyperion
Armor: Chains of Honor Superior Wire Fleece
Ring 1: Ravenfrost
Ring 2: Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: Sandstorm Trek
Gloves: 1.07 Laying of Hands (50% Fire Absorb)
On switch: Call to Arms / Beast in 1.07 Eth Berserker Axe / Spirit
Inventory: resist SCs on bottom row for maxed resists, all other Burning Grand Charms

Complete gear readouts:
Code:
Mara's Kaleidoscope

Amulet

Required Level: 67

Fingerprint: 0x5e58681d

Item Level: 86

Version: Expansion 1.10+

+2 to All Skills

All Stats +5

All Resistances +26

Sandstorm Trek

Scarabshell Boots

Defense: 165

Durability: 14 of 14

Required Level: 64

Required Strength: 91

Fingerprint: 0xcea13dcf

Item Level: 87

+20% Faster Run/Walk

+20% Faster Hit Recovery

+150% Enhanced Defense

+15 to Strength

+14 to Vitality

+87 Maximum Stamina (Based on Character Level)

50% Slower Stamina Drain

Poison Resist +50%

Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds

Laying of Hands

Bramble Mitts

Defense: 85

Durability: 9 of 12

Required Level: 63

Required Strength: 50

Fingerprint: 0x39c66258

Version: Expansion

10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

+20% Increased Attack Speed

+350% Damage to Demons

+25 Defense

Fire Absorb 50%

Chains of Honor

Superior Wire Fleece

DolUmBerIst

Defense: 862

Durability: 26 of 36

Required Level: 63

Required Strength: 111

Fingerprint: 0xc0e2553b

Item Level: 83

+2 to All Skills

+200% Damage to Demons

+100% Damage to Undead

8% Life stolen per hit

+79% Enhanced Defense

+20 to Strength

Replenish Life +7

All Resistances +65

Damage Reduced by 8%

25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Increase Maximum Durability 13%

4 Sockets (4 used)

Socketed: Dol Rune

Socketed: Um Rune

Socketed: Ber Rune

Socketed: Ist Rune

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

Ring

Required Level: 58

Fingerprint: 0x1fbc76db

Item Level: 85

+1 to All Skills

4% Life stolen per hit

+43 to Life (Based on Character Level)

+50 Maximum Stamina

Dream

Bone Visage

IoJahPul

Defense: 397

Durability: 40 of 40

Required Level: 65

Required Strength: 106

Fingerprint: 0xdf6709ef

10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck

Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped

+25% Faster Hit Recovery

+30% Enhanced Defense

+209 Defense

+10 to Vitality

Increase Maximum Life 5%

+54 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

All Resistances +18

15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

3 Sockets (3 used)

Socketed: Io Rune

Socketed: Jah Rune

Socketed: Pul Rune

String of Ears

Demonhide Sash

Defense: 107

Durability: 20 of 22

Required Level: 29

Required Strength: 20

Fingerprint: 0x658a5a4c

Item Level: **

8% Life stolen per hit

+163% Enhanced Defense

+15 Defense

Damage Reduced by 11%

Magic Damage Reduced by 15

+10 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost

Ring

Required Level: 45

Fingerprint: 0xa8bbfffb

Item Level: **

+242 to Attack Rating

Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)

+19 to Dexterity

+40 to Mana

Cold Absorb 20%

Cannot Be Frozen

Call to Arms

Superior Crystal Sword

AmnRalMalIstOhm

One Hand Damage: 17 - 52

Durability: 20 of 20

Required Level: 57

Required Strength: 43

Fingerprint: 0xc771323

+1 to All Skills

+40% Increased Attack Speed

250% Enhanced Damage

+2 to Attack Rating

Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage

7% Life stolen per hit

Prevent Monster Heal

+2 to Battle Command

+6 to Battle Orders

+4 to Battle Cry

Replenish Life +12

30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

5 Sockets (5 used)

Socketed: Amn Rune

Socketed: Ral Rune

Socketed: Mal Rune

Socketed: Ist Rune

Socketed: Ohm Rune

Beast

Berserker Axe

BerTirUmMalLum

One Hand Damage: 148 - 436

Indestructible

Required Level: 64

Required Strength: 128

Required Dexterity: 49

Fingerprint: 0x45118ced

Version: Expansion

Level 9 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped

+40% Increased Attack Speed

312% Enhanced Damage

20% Chance of Crushing Blow

25% Chance of Open Wounds

Prevent Monster Heal

+3 to Werebear

+3 to Lycanthropy

+37 to Strength

+10 to Energy

+2 to Mana after each Kill

Level 13 Summon Grizzly (5/5 Charges)

Ethereal

5 Sockets (5 used)

Socketed: Ber Rune

Socketed: Tir Rune

Socketed: Um Rune

Socketed: Mal Rune

Socketed: Lum Rune

Spirit

Monarch

TalThulOrtAmn

Defense: 138

Chance to Block: 0

Durability: 86 of 86

Required Level: 54

Required Strength: 156

Fingerprint: 0x625248b3

Item Level: 81

+2 to All Skills

+32% Faster Cast Rate

+55% Faster Hit Recovery

+250 Defense vs. Missile

+22 to Vitality

+106 to Mana

Cold Resist +35%

Lightning Resist +35%

Poison Resist +35%

+8 Magic Absorb

Attacker Takes Damage of 14

4 Sockets (4 used)

Socketed: Tal Rune

Socketed: Thul Rune

Socketed: Ort Rune

Socketed: Amn Rune

Griswold's Redemption

Caduceus

One Hand Damage: 339 - 393

Durability: 53 of 70

Required Level: 66

Required Strength: 63

Required Dexterity: 45

Fingerprint: 0x1175118b

Item Level: 86

+120% Increased Attack Speed

203% Enhanced Damage

+350% Damage to Undead

Requirements -20%

Set (2 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Set (3 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage

Set (4 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage

4 Sockets (4 used)

Socketed: Shael Rune

Dream

Hyperion

IoJahPul

Defense: 380

Chance to Block: 0

Durability: 81 of 82

Required Level: 65

Required Strength: 127

Fingerprint: 0x7d2702c1

10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck

Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped

+22% Faster Hit Recovery

+30% Enhanced Defense

+219 Defense

+10 to Vitality

+50 to Life

+54 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

All Resistances +18

21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

3 Sockets (3 used)

Socketed: Io Rune

Socketed: Jah Rune

Socketed: Pul Rune

Merc - Azrael, Holy Freeze Merc
Helm: Andariel’s Visage, socketed with IAS / FR Jewel
Armor: Upgraded Duriel’s Shell (Um)
Weapon: Infinity in 1.07 Eth Thresher

Let me begin by saying that this is my favorite character I’ve ever made. She was really fun to plan and play, and mowed through Hell at /players 8 with no problem. It took a lot of effort to accumulate the runes to make the build. All accounted for, this build uses two Jahs and four Bers. That’s not a lot for some of you rune find Olympians, but it took me quite a while even with trading on the trade forum.

I took direction from @Clervis 's bnet guide for his “Drop Bear” version of the build, and @zaphodbrx 's execution of the build in single-player. Both were glowing in their descriptions of the build, but I took note of zaphod’s warning:
Not everything was fun and games though. Mainly in act 5, there were problems. Things that ignored block and defense, like pindle skeletons and serpents charge attacks hurt ( when amped a charge would take out half my life sometimes, ouch ).
This inspired me to make some changes in the build. Most of the situations he describes are already the stickiest situations for my melee sorcs—serpents, pindle skeletons, dolls, etc. Because max block, defense, and 90 resist all would not mitigate such attacks, I decided perhaps using Guardian Angel wasn’t the only route to consider.

Now, I don’t know if my changes are an improvement or not. They are certainly a trade off. The main change was ditching Guardian Angel and substituting Chains of Honor.

Cons
-No max block.
-Lower defense.
-No 90 resist all.

Pros
-No max block. Yes, this is also a pro: block interrupts the build’s rapid attack speed, and Werebear form has one of the slowest blocks in the game. Clervis notes of the bearsorc’s attacking at 5 fpa, “That's maxed Zeal fast! A zealot can hit 4 times at 4 frames per attack, but his last attack takes 8 frames. That's 5 hits in 24 frames. Drop Bear does 5 hits in 25 frames.” That was one of the coolest things about the build to me, and since the sorc’s attack is interruptible, I didn’t want it to be slowed down by block.
-Easily maxed resists with 65 resist all from CoH. Since GA provides no resists itself, getting to 90 resist all requires a jam-packed inventory of resist charms. I was able to hit 75 res all only using small charms on the bottom row, enabling the rest of my inventory to be wall-to-wall fire skillers.
-Saves ~200 attribute points that were devoted to strength (for high defense gear) and dex (max block).
-As a result, more life. I hoped that taking the build from ~2k life to ~3k would give a larger cushion for the dangers zaph described: serpents, Pindle minions, etc.
-Damage resist pushed up to ~20%.
-CoH provides +2 skills, and this build profits quite a bit from +skills equipment. This helps make up for the lost of Torch and Anni that Clervis’s bnet build took advantage of.

A few notes on other minor changes, and ways I tried to make up for what I lost by ditching GA.
-I used several things to make up for not having 90 resist all. In my experience, high poison and cold resist aren’t so imperative, especially with Ravenfrost’s 20% cold absorb. In the end I maxed them anyway, though for quite a bit of play through I left cold around 60 and that seemed fine. Similarly, I used 1.07 Laying of Hands for 50% Fire Absorb. I haven’t crunched numbers, but it seems 75% Fire Resistance with %50 Fire Absorb outdoes 90 Fire Resistance. That still left lightning resistance, at a mere 75. That proved enough. Lightning damage never took me out.

-I used Sandstorm Treks in order to bring FHR to 6 fps. In my experience it is useful in some of the more sticky situations you can get yourself into. Furthermore, this helped preserve the build’s lightning fast attack speed. Gore Riders do crank up the physical damage and crushing blow a tad, but my switching to LoH also meant a big boost in damage to demons. If I encountered a dual immune, I merely switched to my Beast in a 1.07 Ethereal Berserker axe on switch. With the crushing blow and Fanaticism aura, the dual immunes went down quick.

-I kept CtA in my inventory while questing, in the cube, for prebuff. This was necessary more for the merc. Without BO, we’d be quite imbalanced: Ursula would be in bear form with a huge life pool, taking big hits in Hell at /players 8, but the merc would be taken out relatively easily with no Battle Orders and no teleport to reposition him. I have never really prebuffed on my builds much, but I became quite quick with rapidly switching from CtA to Beast with the buff after doing it for a while, so it ultimately didn’t bother me.

-Speaking of the merc, I used Holy Freeze instead of Defiance. It just seemed better from a defensive perspective since I wasn’t trying for a crazy amount of defense.

- I began using a gemmed phaseblade for 5 fpa, but switched to Griswold’s Redemption early in Hell. It also hits 5 fpa, has better physical damage, but even more importantly frees up ~100 points in dexterity that are useless since I wasn’t going for max block anyway.

Drops:
Nothing much to note here, except one dual immune that I didn’t skip (I never skipped any dual immunes) and the game decided to reward me.
Screenshot here
The reward
It was pretty cool since I’ve never had a Stormshield before. Also had the IK Helm and Ondal’s Almighty drop.

Closing Remarks
In his Mat thread, zaph notes that despite the difficulties in Act V:
eventually the game was completed fully on p8, with no deaths and no monsters parked. That's pretty impressive, I think.

So, how did the build work at completing Hell on /players 8?

I think it held up very well. Keep in mind that I’m a terrible player, certainly not even one tenth the player zaph is. I have never made it through Hell on /players 1 without dying.

Ursula made it all the way to late Act 5 without any deaths. Then she had two. One was merely stupid: trying to teleport through an area I had already cleared on a previous session. Since I was in fragile, human sorceress form, I teleported into an especially ugly pack and was gone.

The second death was precisely one of the situations zaph described in his write up. I was in Nithalak’s temple, amped, and rounded a corner into a pack of serpents that I couldn’t grind through. This death wouldn’t have been helped by maxed block or maxed resists, but apparently the safe guards I took, and 3k life, still weren’t enough to save me. I’m OK with that—like I said, I’m not a great player, and Hell on /players 8 is something I’ve rarely attempted before. Escaping with only two deaths was amazing to me. So, the CoH set up seems quite workable, and the maxed blocked and 90 resist all weren’t missed.

All the end-act bosses went down fast. The Ancients are no joke at /p8, and this was my first time ever attempting that, but she was never in any danger. Same with Baal and his minions. I was a little nervous about the Lister pack at /p8, but she didn't even have to herd them at all--just hit them head on and chewed threw them no problem.

So, I recommend the dual-dream bearsorc to anyone. Fun to play, fast even at /players 8![/spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited:

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Shapeshifting builds are cool! Too basd mine have been limited to the druid... I have had a wolfbarb in the making for a while, but he's a fledgling. Still in normal, if I recall correctly. So no wolfhowl yet...

But very cool indeed. I've been wanting to make dual dreams for a while for a few builds as well. Something to consider for the future.

LiquidClear

Diabloii.Net Member
Nicely done. I've been running trav (forever and ever it seems) looking for the 2x Jah so I can make this build. My gear plans are very, very close to what you've put up, so good to see they work well. Werebears > all!

Zylo

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice, and as always, an excellent read.

Did you have any problems with life leech? (I'm on my phone, sorry if it was mentioned.) Did you try gores or goblin-t out? Anytime I have a quick hitting melee toon, I try and squeeze some CB in somewhere. Perhaps it wasn't needed, that LCS damage is mighty impressive. Well done.

maareek

Diabloii.Net Member
Well this is just jam packed with ursine goodness. Or is it honey-packed? Pooh, when it comes to bears I can never win even when I try.

Great char and it sounds like you really enjoyed her, and that's what matters most anyway. Congrats!

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks everyone!

Very nice, and as always, an excellent read.

Did you have any problems with life leech? (I'm on my phone, sorry if it was mentioned.) Did you try gores or goblin-t out? Anytime I have a quick hitting melee toon, I try and squeeze some CB in somewhere. Perhaps it wasn't needed, that LCS damage is mighty impressive. Well done.
I tried a few set ups for life leech. Switching to Griswold's from the gemmed phaseblade definitely improved the life leech. I think x4 Shael (or IAS Jeweled) Griswold's is the only way to go. The phaseblade needed too many potions. CoH added more life leech to the build as well. If you went Dracul's, BKWB, CoH, and a Life leech ring, you could get some pretty big life leech, but then I guess that would mean using the CBF belt... Death Wrap? So I could have certainly added Dracul's for a little more life leech, but the 50% fire absorb from 1.07 LoH seemed a bit more safe to me. I feel like LL doesn't quite save me in terrible situations, it just makes gameplay a bit generally safer and keeps me from using so many potions. I believe my leech was around 15% for most of my gameplay, and that seemed good enough.

I did use Gore Riders for quite a bit of Hell, only switching to Sandstorm Treks later for the FHR, which I figured would help me squeeze out of some dangerous situations. I really wanted to finish without dying at all, and finished everything until late Act V without any deaths, so that drove some of my gear choices. Gore Riders probably would be a better all around choice. Also, the merc has quite a bit of CB with Infinity, so that's helps with bosses. But yes, the damage was so high that even end act bosses went down QUICK.

Last edited:

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
Well this is just jam packed with ursine goodness. Or is it honey-packed? Pooh, when it comes to bears I can never win even when I try.

Great char and it sounds like you really enjoyed her, and that's what matters most anyway. Congrats!
Thanks for advising me against using my 1.07 Ark's Valor. I would have been toast without the damage reduction on CoH, and it would have cost me mega inventory space to hit maxed resists. I will save that for another character. Once I settled on Chains of Honor, I realized the bonuses were just too good to ignore. It's such a great body armor.

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
One more thing: this build is so OP that you could probably change a ton and it would still work really well by most normal standards. I'd definitely consider a setup that maximized physical damage and leech with something like Highlord's, Dracul's, Gore Riders, etc., paired with a Might Merc.

One thing I forgot to mention (the life leech question reminded me of it), is that the Kira's / GA / Infinity set up that usually works so well with my mercs crumpled under the pressure of Hell /p8. I actually upgraded and Um-ed the Duriel's Shell after being frustrated with the Kira's / GA set up, because I wanted CBF and leech. It was a really big difference: the merc seemed quite a bit more sturdy with the Duriel's / Andariel's set up. It seemed fruitless to try to mitigate the crazy damage at /players 8, even with 90 res all--the poor merc really had to have a way of replenishing life at a good rate.

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Grats! That's a neat LCS.

I haven't made Dream yet, but every time I see one of these I know I must do them one day. And then there's Paladins as well. Eh, three Dreams to be done. Now where are my Jahs?

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
It's funny, I always thought the character might be a bit of a waste of two Jahs, but I haven't experienced any buyer's remorse.

I don't know that the dreams have much use elsewhere--even for the Paladin, he doesn't get nearly the damage that a sorc would, but I probably will try an Auradin at some point. I doubt I will remake it in a pally shield since I'm poor and those extra resists can be made up pretty easily in the inventory. Hitting max block is easy with Holy Shield anyway.

TreeOfSmoke

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice build and write-up!

Would it be an improvement to get the FHR from charms and use a different pair of boots?

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Congratulations on the Matriarch. I also have a bear called Ursula, but shes an assassin (ofc).

What confuses me is that you have dual Dream, CoH etc., but need to trade for Magefist? What is the SPF coming to?

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
LOL. @maxicek What happened is I had a stash of uniques that GoMule entirely poofed for some reason, and it contained my Magefist(s). I think I've found a way to recover it, though (not at home). I just wanted the magefists for a nice prebuffed LCS, but decided I didn't really need a maxed out prebuff... LCS is crazy even with a minor prebuff. There is a lot of +Skills on the build as it is. This has happened to me several times, so now I'm paranoid and backing up my stuff. Ugh. I posted about it in the GoMule sticky, but I don't believe anyone had similar experiences. I just open up a stash and it is entirely empty.

EDIT: Also, I should give credit to the generosity of this forum: the CoH I received in a giveaway thread. Such an awesome item to have, and I've used it many, many times. Same for 1.07 LoH. I've found quite a few standard LoH, but the 1.07 are so sweet, especially for a trav runner.

And actually, I stumbled across your Matriarch halfway through making mine. I thought--hey, I bet someone else has called a Bear Sorc Ursula, so I googled. Pretty cool assassin! I've enjoyed quite a few of your Mat threads.

Last edited:

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice build and write-up!

Would it be an improvement to get the FHR from charms and use a different pair of boots?
Probably. In the end, just decided to go for the max LCS damage over CB and DS, and using that many FHR charms would have limited the amount of inventory space to the point that I'd have to take out some fire skillers. Most other choices were probably 6 of one and half a dozen of the other: boots with resists would have freed up inventory space so I'd have charms in the inventory for FHR charms, but end result would have been the same.

Gore Riders, however, probably were a better choice. A minor loss in LCS damage for some extra physical damage and CB that would have been good. I used Gore Riders up until late Act 4 or Act 5, and switching to the other boots didn't seem to make much difference either way. This is probably because of two reasons:

1. CB becomes less effective at higher player settings, so since I played all of Hell at players 8, it was a less valuable attribute.
2. The build is so OP and does so much damage that even non-ideal choices result in the same basic experience of playing an OP build that mows through Hell.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Skills (hard points only)
1 Each - Pre-reqs
1 Teleport
20 Fire Mastery, Enchant, Warmth
20 Lightning Mastery
11 Shiver Armor
[+6 to all skills from gear, another from CtA buff]
I would put a point into static field as well, but perhaps you just forgot to mention it.

Edit: Question about passion/zeal retracted, it's answered in post #1.

Last edited:

Cyrax

Diabloii.Net Member
What confuses me is that you have dual Dream, CoH etc., but need to trade for Magefist? What is the SPF coming to?
Hadn't noticed that, but i thought something similar when i read this:

It took a lot of effort to accumulate the runes to make the build. All accounted for, this build uses two Jahs and four Bers.
It was pretty cool since I’ve never had a Stormshield before.
Still congratz on the mat. Have to do some dual dream char myself some day. But for now my HR's are needed for other stuffs.

BBS_Agonistes

Diabloii.Net Member
Hadn't noticed that, but i thought something similar when i read this:

Still congratz on the mat. Have to do some dual dream char myself some day. But for now my HR's are needed for other stuffs.
Well, part of it is that SS is one of those items that just hasn't dropped for whatever reason, but I also have a weird approach to my gameplay as well: really concerted MFing hasn't ever really appealed to me for whatever reason. I'm more into creating characters, and many of the most powerful items are RWs, and runes can easily be found in LK. Early on in my D2 career (just came to the game ~1 year ago), I realized that I could accumulate really nice gear by just running LK for runes. I didn't have to have nice gear to do that, even if I wasn't at 200 fcr, it was still a breeze compared to other options. I also didn't have to be a great player, which I'm not. D2 is the only RPG and basically only video game I've ever played; I've never been a gamer. So the whole thing is quite new to me! I know it's not as honorable as running Trav for runes, but my SC playing has been more just having fun with creating cool characters, most of them built around and oSkill or something that doesn't come naturally to the character.

Another thing is that LK runs can be done while not paying attention. Almost all my LK runs have been done while watching TV with the wife, or whatever else--times when I usually wouldn't be able to do anything else in D2. For the past 6 months or so, I've always been running LK probably more than anything else in D2--mostly because I had eyes on this build.

Just by running LK concertedly, even completely self found, I don't see why anyone couldn't have Infinity and Enigma fairly quickly (the two most important RWs using high runes IMO)--and by fairly quickly, I mean if you run for a month or so between whatever other D2 projects, you're bound to have a handful of HRs by the end. For example, if someone can find 5 chams and 4 Jahs in the space of 2 weeks during the RFO, we know LK is better for runes below Cham than Trav, so even a crappy player should be able to find a decent amount when running for a month or two. They are even more obtainable on the trade forum since you'll find a lot of valuable charms and crafting materials in LK. Call to Arms, Grief, Fortitude, etc., are even more easily obtainable, as are a ton of other RWs I've created: Kingslayer, Passion, and the list goes on.

Anyway, I know that's a kind of cheesy strategy for gameplay, and perhaps takes away from the coolness of this build, but I'm not sure how much longer I will be in D2. New job starts on Wednesday for real, so I wanted to go out (for the time being) with a bang and make a really fun build instead of slowly and incrementally optimizing my characters built for running specific areas.

On the bright side, my next char is going to be a Paladin using no uniques, runewords, or sets, so hopefully that will balance out the runewealth of this character.

I would put a point into static field as well, but perhaps you just forgot to mention it.

Edit: Question about passion/zeal retracted, it's answered in post #1.
I thought about this, and I did have a point in SF until I respected after switching to Griswold's Redemption to take the superfluous points out of Dex. Thing is, you can't use Static Field while in bear form, and since I was determined to beat Hell on players 8 without dying (I failed), I rarely had the guts to teleport around in Sorc form. And one of the deaths was caused by exactly that--teleporting in an effort to save time.

Last edited: