Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Matriarch Roazranne, Lightning Trapsin

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Baltha, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Baltha

Baltha Diabloii.Net Member

Matriarch Roazranne, Lightning Trapsin

That was FUN. I greatly enjoyed playing this char. I am a dedicated LK runner, and sometimes I forget D2 can be this fun :scratchchin:.

[​IMG]

Matriarch Roazranne, clvl 81 Lightning Trapsin

Stats
    Strength: 79 (159)
    Dexterity: 75 (94)
    Vitality: 321 (367)
    Energy: 25 (41)

1375 Life; 75 all resist in Hell with Fade.

Skills:
    Fireblast: 20 (31)
    Lightning Sentry: 20 (31)
    Death Sentry: 20 (31)
    Charged Bolt Sentry: 20 (31)
    Shock Web: 5* (16)

Burst of Speed: 1 (11)
    Cloak of Shadows: 1 (11)
    Mind Blast: 1 (11)
    Weapon Block: 1 (11)
    Fade: 1 (11)

*Next points will be here.
    Roughly following this build. I didn't get Shadow Master, though. I didn't need another tank and Shadows can override your own traps. No respecs ever used or needed. I think I will respec her to get a little more Str so I don't need Marrowalk to use my Spirit Monarch. Any suggestion?

Equipment
    Weapon: 'Spirit' Broad Sword
    Shield: 'Spirit' Monarch
    Helm: Harlequin's Crest (P. Topaz)
    Armor: 'Enigma' Lightplate
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves: Rares with Fire Resist and MF
    Boots: Marrowalk
    Amulet: Rare with +1 assassin skills an 19 resist all
    Rings: rares with resistances

All hail the Enigma-bearer! :badteeth:. Yeah all those LK runs paid off. Sure, we SPers know that Enigma is hardly needed, but it gives tons of fun and makes boring slow zones like maggot lair or arcane sanctum much faster. Also makes more chars suitable for MFing, for the sake of variety.

I chose Spirit sword/shield because I wanted to reach a reasonable frc to blind tele. I don't have any godly claws anyway as I don't have patience with shoping Anya and they are very costly to trade.

And yeah, I still need to improve my jewelry.

Merc
    Act 2 Might. He was wearing Fortitude Dusk Shroud, Insight Eth Great Poleaxe and Guillaume's Face. He kills immunes at a decent speed. I wanted to tele a lot if needed and spam mind blast, that's why I chose Insight instead of a higher damaging weapon.

Founds
    NM and Hell Forges gave me two Puls. Meh.

I had some space in the inventory so I put my 6-7% MF Sc to work for a total of 269% MF. I was in the mood of MFing while questing. I got some grailers and a Verdungo from a random boss pack in Tal's Tomb.

Thoughts
    I have realized how bad I really am.

I mean, she hasn't died once. But I got some near death experiences for bad plays. Somewhere in Hell I blind tele to a fanatic mob, I Cloack-of-Shadowed them and tele away. The boss followed me. He was Lightning/Fire Immune. Ouch. Well, merc can handle -I thought. BUT as I teleported away from the mob, I attracted an extra fast might pack. Great. They vaporized my merc in a milisecond and I had to tele away screaming.

I should have mind blasted in that position instead of teleporting in an unexplored direction. This kind of wrong shortcuts is what keep me away from playing HC.

Barring that kind of wrong plays in dire situations the rest was easy. The build I chose was pretty unstoppable with some of my high end equipment. Assassins are strong in crowd control, so few monsters give them trouble. CoS pwns gloams, archers and stigian dolls. MB is a win versus anything else. She doesn't kill act bosses as fast as my meteorb does, though.

My plan on retirement for her is making some area runs. Where do you think she could excel?

So... that's all for now. Suggestions and comments are welcome!:wave:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Qwink

Qwink Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Matriarch Roazranne, Lightning Trapsin

Why would you get weapon block if you dont use dual claws?

3. Baltha

Baltha Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Matriarch Roazranne, Lightning Trapsin

I did. Dual Bartuc's. Then I equipped Enigma and feel that 0 fcr was not enough :p.