Matriarch PsychoticFrost

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Matriarch PsychoticFrost

My second. She's a pure blizzard sorceress, and I'm surprised at my luck with her. She went into the Worldstone Keep Level 2 and there were no cold immunes. Cleared it easily, then went into WSK 3. Sadly, I saw OKs. GG I thought to myself. Oh well they weren't much of a threat to me although my mercenary died 4 times to iron maiden. Even the champions couldn't survive Telekinesis+Jab. She went into the throne of destruction, and saw those stupid hell witches which were cold immune. I tele'd past them and saw baal. Surprisingly there were only a few venom lords around so after they died, baal started laughing. Glad I didn't have to deal with those hell witches. Firstwave dead, Second wave dead, Third wave dead, Forth wave dead, Fifth wave dead, Baal dead.

No stats and skills because I'm lazy :p
Some screenshots:
Baal dying
Baal dead
Matriarch PsychoticFrost (Notice the broad axe... I didn't have space)

Wonko the Sane

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Mat! :thumbsup: I never was brave enough to try a single-element sorc :p

Links aren't working for me, sadly. Could be me or the host, will have to see what others say.

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know if I built here wrong or something. She only has 800 life. :lol:

Whatever, here's her equipment.

Helm: Ptopaz'd Harlequin Crest
Amulet: Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Armor: Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Weapon: Occulus
Shield: Stormshield
Rings: Nagelrings (25/26)
Gloves: Chance Guards (35)
Belt: Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
Boots: Sandstorm Treks

Weapon Switch: Alibaba 2 Open Sockets
Shield Switch: Rhyme Troll Nest
Charms: 3xChilling GC

Skill points:
20 Blizzard
20 Glacial Spike
20 Cold Mastery
20 Ice Blast
10 Ice Bolt
1 Frost Nova
1 Frozen Armor
1 Shivier Armor

Typical blizzard sorceress but I chose to max glacial spike instead of ice bolt since I prefer glacial spike over ice blast. Mass freeze :lol:

Blizzard Damage: 3976 - 4185
Glacial Spike Damage: 956 - 1013

Blizzard Damage Switch: 3319 - 3518
Glacial Spike Damage Switch: 836 - 889

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, what are your strength, dex, life, and energy stats. I know stormshield has a fairly high strength req for a sorc. If you pumped strength a bit that would explain the lower life.

Also quite intersting, this is very similar to mine from just a week ago, its only of by a couple stat points and two or three peices of equipment.

Does she have any other purpose, i.e. MF'ing here or there.

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
After equipment:

Strength: 188
Dexterity: 143
Vitality: 226
Energy: 57

Unspent: 30

Block Chance: ~50
Life: 796

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for all the encouragement. Next char: Enchantress/FO with Passion Phaseblade. Any comments? I never played this before, I worked on the skillpoints though.

Fire Tree - 62
==============
20 Enchant
20 Warmth
20 Fire Mastery
1 Firebolt
1 Fireball

Cold Tree - 26++
==============
1 Ice Bolt
1 Ice Blast
1 Frost Nova
1 Glacial Spike
1 Blizzard
20 Frozen Orb
1++ Cold Mastery

Lightning Tree - 3
==================
1 Teleport
1 Telekinesis
1 Static Field

With decent +skills FO should be okay. Maybe I'll xfer the chilling charms to this new char.

Anyway here's...

Passion
Phase Blade
'DolOrtEldLem'
One-Hand Damage: 95 to 107
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 54
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x62fa793
+207% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Berserk
+1 to Zeal
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Hit Blinds Target +10
59% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (5/12 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
That sounds about right, but you might want some lightning dmg charms and some skill points in lightning mastery to get some more elemental damage. :thumbsup:

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
essojay said:
That sounds about right, but you might want some lightning dmg charms and some skill points in lightning mastery to get some more elemental damage. :thumbsup:
I was thinking just a cold/fire sorceress kinda thing. I'll see how she does when I start with her after my.. homework...

JihadJesus

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally liked using blizz as a backup skill with my zeal enchantress. Since there's a delay you can call down a blizzard and rain down damage while you zeal. Lots of free damage. It does take a bit longer to deal with FIs, but not so much that its annoying. Youcan read more about my experiences with blizz in my mat thread , if you're interested.

[Edit[ Okay, I guess I didnt mention blizz much in there, but there's still some good info...

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
JihadJesus said:
I personally liked using blizz as a backup skill with my zeal enchantress. Since there's a delay you can call down a blizzard and rain down damage while you zeal. Lots of free damage. It does take a bit longer to deal with FIs, but not so much that its annoying. Youcan read more about my experiences with blizz in my mat thread , if you're interested.

[Edit[ Okay, I guess I didnt mention blizz much in there, but there's still some good info...
Blizzard without synergies < FO without synergies.

stormlash

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on the Mat. I'm been dying to make a Blizz Sorc ever since 1.10 came out but the thought of cold immunes makes me shudder. Is this going to be a pvp sorc or are you going to make a MFer?

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
This blizzard sorceress can pvp, since she's at the max blizzard damage build. But her equipment is crap, so she mfs for me now, currently.