Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Matriarch Instagib - Max Speed WF-Dexazon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by scrcrw, Sep 16, 2010.

1. scrcrw

scrcrw IncGamers Member

Matriarch Instagib - Max Speed WF-Dexazon

Hello SPF. :wave:
    A couple of days ago I accidentally stumbled upon a WF and a Faith in the depths of my stashes. That combination calls for a classic Glasscannon'zon. After all, who needs life and reists in SC? Thus, Instagib was born...
    worst introduction ever

Facts first:
    LCS (Strafe)
    LCS (Multi)
    LCS (no Poison/Enchant/Fana)
    LCS with Combat Shrine

Code:
    Name:       Instagib
    Class:      Amazon
    Level:      85

Naked/Gear
    Strength:   base/135
    Dexterity:  460/506
    Vitality:   no
    Charisma:   tons

HP:         553
    Mana:       204

Fire:       -51
    Cold:       -43
    Lightning:  -11
    Poison:     102 (85)
    (subtract 30 for Anya bug...)

[B]Block:      72[/B] (without shield...)
    FR/W:       31 (way too low)
    FHR:        0 (I might have forgotten about this...)
    FCR:        25 (nice for Decoy casting)

AR:         13k (w/ Enchant) / 16k (Enchant/Fana)
    IAS:        100 (7fpa GA/Multi with level 13 Fana from Merc

[B]Skills:[/B] (+2 all) 
    20 Strafe, 10 Multi, 9 GA
    20 Crit (69%), 12 Pierce (79%), 1 Penetrate
    20 Decoy (<- bestest skill evar)

[B]Gear[/B]:
    Windforce (30ed/15ias) (6ml)
    Forti Dusk
    Andy's Face (12ed/15ias)
    Nos' Coil (6ll)
    War Travelers
    Rare Gloves (20ias, 15str, 16LR, 22FR)
    Atma's Scarab
    Raven (20/207)
    Rare Ring (19str/14dex + ar, mana, LR)
    Switch: Demon Limb + Hsaru's Iron Fist (gg)
    ... not to forget the 30 str amulet in stash to reequip everything after death :)

Charms (2x4 free): 17 str, 7 dex, 6 frw, 129 life, 679 AR and 80 max damage :)

Merc: Faith (13/1) Diamond Bow, eForti, Gaze (7/7/20/15) (Fal) (don't ask)
    Not much to say about the equipment. Pretty standard unimaginative Bowazon gear. Some way to damage PIs seemed like a good idea, so Atma's was a given. Making both the IAS and strength targets was a bit of a struggle, but I managed without too many trade-offs (i.e. only the gloves suck). Also: I am indeed a filthy str-bugg0r.

Gameplay:
    Normal: The usual tedium. Highlight: Activated the monoliths in the right order on the first try (without looking at the parchment).
    NM: Nice twinking bow, isn't it? Stole the idea from another Dexazon writeup. Resulting LCS. Stuff died.
    Hell: Arrived at level 73, right in time for the WF. Made my way to the Pits and leveled to 83 (on /p7) for the final equipment. I quickly discovered how the journey would go: Either place Decoy and scout with Multi/Strafe or get instagibbed by some random arrows.
    At least the name was well chosen...
    This was pretty much the theme for the rest of Hell. /p3 enemies were mown down fast by ridiculous amounts of arrows, but losing concentration usually resulted in a swift death. Getting annoyed then resulted in even more deaths. Skeleton archers were particularly nasty.
    Occasionally this got a bit tedious, but some epic fights made up for it. Diablo completely ignored the Decoy, constantly bone-prisoned Instagib and even his weakest fire attack took off 3/4 of her health. Much running and much suspense. No deaths, for once.
    Gloam dodging was equally good fun, every mistake meant instant death.
    In contrast the Ancients and Baal's waves were no trouble at all. Decoy really is a great skill.

Finds: Ohm in the Black Marsh, Gul in A2, 195ed eth Hone in the Pits and the usual awesome Duriel drop.

Future: none.

Final Words: This worked, obviously. Admittedly a bit more life and resists would have made Instagib a lot more forgiving/playable. But where's the fun in that?

2. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Re: Matriarch Instagib - Max Speed WF-Dexazon

Nice write-up and accomplishment. Any idea as to how many times she bit it?

I laughed at the fantastic Duriel drop. We need a sarcasm font, though. Just a question - the last several times I dropped Duriel I have not gotten a TP - isn't that part of his drop sequence? Or did that change in 1.13?

80 max damage from charms? Some 1.07 stuff in there? Nice!

3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Nice. I have a similar character at the WSK2 waypoint right now. She doesn't have max speed on multi, but I think she hits 8 frames.

I maxed Valkyrie and I also spent 9 points in evade for some reason (ar was it avoid? which ever is higher level), so I'm thinking of respeccing and putting more points in Crit and Pierce; this is mostly so I can switch to a different belt, likely nosferatu's coil. I also spent ~12 in Penetrate, but it seems unnecessary now that she hits 14k AR, and that's with very little AR from charms.

Edit: The biggest difference is that I went for decent resists and have a shaeled Kira's for the helm slot, with a res/dex ring intead of raven.

4. scrcrw

scrcrw IncGamers Member

I guess between 20 and 30 times in total. Only ranged enemies with a punch could hurt her, but those hurt a lot... :)

Possibly, I vaguely remember reading something about it in one of the 1.13 discussion threads. It's the second time I had an all TP drop and iirc someone else posted one in the IFT.

No, hax free actually (well, everything is transfered from HC to SC). Only two large charms didn't have any max damage on them, the rest was a mix of (mostly plain) Sharp GCs and my best Fine Scs. Lots of space when you don't want/need resists. :)

@SnickerSnack I didn't put any points in D/A/E because I wanted to avoid the bug with Strafe (which I used at least as much as MS). I'm not sure if it was the right decision, it might have saved her a couple of times. I was considering Kira's, but with a Faith merc the last ias breakpoint was just too tempting. :crazyeyes:

5. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Negative resists... that's a new approach. By the way, you don't need all that IAS gear. WF + level 13 Fanat = max Strafe speed. The 2-frame Strafe doesn't work. 3 frames is as fast as the game will actually let you go (due to a bug). Toss all that IAS gear (the jewel in the WF won't go astray for other builds though), and pump your resists.

6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I actually haven't any trouble with the bug. I'd actually forgotten about it. :) When ranged attackers are around, I lead with Decoy and the Valk and try to position myself so I don't take any hits, but it's also possible that I'm just not noticing it since it is a display bug.

My Faith has level 12 Fanaticism, so no last multi bp for me. Otherwise, I might go that route. Maybe if I ever find a Jah :rolleyes: I'll think about rolling a new one in a zon bow.

I think he needs it to get the fastest bp on multishot.

7. scrcrw

scrcrw IncGamers Member

Indeed, 95+ IAS combined with lvl 13+ Fana give a 7fpa Normal Attack (Multi/Guided Arrow) with a +10 base speed bow (e.g. WF). At least the german calc says so and I haven't read anything to the contrary...

The negative resists are pretty much a deliberate decision. I wanted to go all offense, zero defense - which forced me to play more defensively than I ever did in HC. :crazyeyes: