Matriarch Gale, Max Block Blizzard Sorceress

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Matriarch Gale, Max Block Blizzard Sorceress

upload_2018-7-7_17-52-39.png
Matriarch achieved on: 2017-12-24

Introduction
Gale was specifically designed to run Lower Kurast, hence Max Block.

Theme
My original Blizzard Sorceress was called Storm from the X-men, Gale is a Welsh inspired take on that.

Journey
Gale started life on 2014-11-22.
She was untwinked for Normal/Nightmare and found most of her own gear at NM Meph. I think I got bored and then eventually twinked on a few pieces of gear for Hell.

I know that most Sorceresses don't usually go for max block, but I actually forgot how much I enjoyed being able to tank with max block and Stormshield. The plan is to be able to stand there and use TK on chests while taking hits from Doom Apes and others. The overstacked resists are to combat conviction packs and also frees up inventory space for items. I use Glacial Spike on left click as the aim is to stop things in their tracks and not kill them. In fact, all my Blizzard Sorceresses use the same key bindings:

Q Blizzard
W Ice Blast
E Static Field
R Teleport
A Chilling Armour
S Shiver Armour
D Frozen Armour
F Telekinesis
G -
X Glacial Spike (always on left click)
C -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
F12 Town Portal

Every character follows the same general layout (all my Sorceresses use R for Teleport, E for Static Field, F for Telekinesis and in general all prebuffs on ASD, right click attacks on QW, left click on XC). This helps when character switching between my 60+ characters, it means I can rely on muscle memory and habit without getting confused or pressing the wrong button. Also, the buttons are clustered around my left hand and potions are in the row directly above where my hand is anyway.

I know many forumites use Ice Blast as it does more damage, but Glacial Spike is helpful due to the freeze and splash damage. It's more forgiving with aiming as well.

Hell Forge
HF: Ral/Lem/Lum

Other Finds
Ist in NM Crystalline Passage
upload_2018-7-7_17-53-12.png
Stats
Code:
Name:       Gale
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 1166358167
Level:      86

Naked/Gear
Strength:   140/186
Dexterity:  190/209
Vitality:   155/170
Energy:     35/37
HP:         475/704
Mana:       205/605
Stamina:    304/430
Defense:    47/1986
AR:         900/1165

Fire:       238/198/138
Cold:       249/209/149
Lightning:  288/248/188
Poison:     256/216/156

MF:         87       Block:      75
GF:         181      FR/W:       20
FHR:        42       IAS:        0
FCR:        105
Skills
Code:
COLD SPELLS:

20 Blizzard
20 Cold Mastery
20 Glacial Spike
20 Ice Blast
20 Ice Bolt (currently 9, working on this now)
01 Frost Nova
01 Frozen Armour
01 Shiver Armour
01 Chilling Armour

Subtotal: 104

LIGHTNING SPELLS:

01 Teleport
01 Telekinesis
01 Static Field

Subtotal: 3

FIRE SPELLS:

01 Warmth

Subtotal: 1

Grand Total: 108

Level at which build complete: 108 – 11 = 97
Gear

Code:
Helm:       Gale's Harlequin Crest (Um)
Armour:     Skin of the Vipermagi (Um = [email protected]) - not a very good base resist on this thing
Gloves:     Magefist Crusader Gauntlets
Belt:       Crafted Blood Harness (5% FCR/17% FHR/29% FR)
Boots:      Sandstorm Trek (14 Str / 13 Vit / 67% PR)

Amulet:     Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Ring 1:     Raven Frost (17 Dex)
Ring 2:     Dwarf Star

Weapon 1:   Wizardspike (1os)
Shield 1:   Gale's Stormshield (Um)

Weapon 2:   Oculus
Shield 2:   Spirit (35% FCR)

Charms:     Gheed's Fortune (81% GF/10% Vendor/37% MF), 1 Cold Skiller, Some resists, 4x4 open space to pick stuff up, Cube, Tomes
Mercenary
Code:
Helm:       Ethereal Andariel's Visage (15% IAS)
Armour:     Eth Bugged Treachery Kraken Shell
Weapon:     Eth Thresher Insight
Current Activity
Lower Kurast running (I promise I do actually plan to do some LK running, just need to find the energy!)

Delsy

Diabloii.Net Member
Just roll a map without monsters and make a 200 fcr sorc made of wet toilet paper? Trying to be funny...

Anyhow, the respec has basically killed the mat/pat threads and the creativity involved in playing new characters. A double edged sword.

Maltatai

Diabloii.Net Member
I do slightly less respectfully concur with the above statement. The mat/pat/guardian collection speaks for itself in this matter.

ioupainmax, did Gale fight any cold immunes with the help of her high blocking, or was she just supporting with telekinesis and such?

Zyr

Diabloii.Net Member
I know that most Sorceresses don't usually go for max block, but I actually forgot how much I enjoyed being able to tank with max block and Stormshield. The plan is to be able to stand there and use TK on chests while taking hits from Doom Apes and others. The overstacked resists are to combat conviction packs and also frees up inventory space for items. I use Glacial Spike on left click as the aim is to stop things in their tracks and not kill them.
Every character follows the same general layout (all my Sorceresses use R for Teleport, E for Static Field, F for Telekinesis and in general all prebuffs on ASD, right click attacks on QW, left click on XC). This helps when character switching between my 60+ characters, it means I can rely on muscle memory and habit without getting confused or pressing the wrong button.
I know many forumites use Ice Blast as it does more damage, but Glacial Spike is helpful due to the freeze and splash damage. It's more forgiving with aiming as well.
I've only lately used Blizzard past level 30 for the first time. You've given me a great deal to contemplate, and I appreciate it very much.:)

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
@Zyr I only use max block and Stormshield on my LK sorceress, otherwise it is Spirit Monarch and Vitality for all the other Blizzard sorceresses.