Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Guide] Matriarch Freedom - PVM Untwinked Trapsin!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nikolinoss, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Nikolinoss

Nikolinoss IncGamers Member

Details:

Character info:

Title: Matriarch
    Name: Freedom
    Class: Assassin
    Level: 84

Stats (base/gear):

Strength: 81/86
    Dexterity: 79/**
    Vitality: 330/330
    Energy: 25/25

Life: 1206/1241
    Mana: 149/227

Defence: 847 (39% weapon block)

Skills:

Martial Arts: No point at all

Shadow Dichiplines:

1 (4) Claw Master
    1 (4) Burst of Speed
    1 (4) Fade
    1 (4) Weapon Block
    1 (6) Shadow Warrior
    9 (12) Shadow Master
    1 (4) Psychic Hammer
    1 (5) Cloak of Shadows
    1 (4) Mind Blast

Comments about Shadow Disciplines Tree:

The points that i spent here are nothing compare to Traps but i really believe that these one point wonders are the most important in this build. Unbelievable crowd control with Mind Blast and Cloak of Shadows (these skills can save your ass countless times and furthermore they can help you a lot in the duration of the battle), the resists that you will really need especially in Hell Mode with Fade and finally a really helpfull Shadow Master that will hit and tank everything.

Traps:

20 (28) Fire Blast
    1 (9) Shock Web
    17 (25) Charge Bolt Sentry
    20 (28) Lightning Sentry
    20 (28) Death Sentry

Comments about Traps Tree:

These traps are my killing machines! They destroyed everything ! Use Lightning Sentry and Death Sentry constantly. Lightning Sentry for high damage ratio and boss killing and Death Sentry for the exceptional corpse explosion that i can say for sure it will be your favorite skill in this build ! Finally, Hell Mode has plenty of mobs with lightning immune and its gonna be a huge problem if you dont have Fire Blast as a backup skill. I use it also as an extra help when i had the maximun number of traps (5) already placed in action.

Lightning Sentry damage:
    1 - 3146 (fires 10 times)
    Death Sentry damage: 1 - 1761 (fires 11 times)
    Fire Blast damage: 1365 - 1676

Skill point plan:

• Level 1-23: 10 FB, 5 CBS, 1 Sweb, 1 CM, 1 Psychic Hammer, 1 BoS, 1 Fade, 1 WB, 1 CoS
    • Level 24-30: 7 LS, 1 DS, 1 MB, 1 SM
    • Beyond level 30 max LS, then DS. That will put you in your early 60’s. Alternate between FB and CBS after that until they are maxed.

Resists in hell without/with Fade:

Fire: -7 (31)
    Cold: -7 (31)
    Lightning: 28 (66)
    Poison: 40 (78)

Final equipment:
    Head: Sazabi's Mental Sheath Basinet (1+ all skills, 280 Defense, lighting resist 17%, fire resist 18%, cold resist 30%)
    Amulet: Trickster's Amulet of Absorpton (2 Traps, Damage Reduced by 3)
    Body: Loath Carapace Tigulated Mail
    Weapon1: Cunning Blade Talons (3 traps)
    Weapon2: Witch-Hunter's Scissors Quhab of the lamprey ( 2+ assasin skills, 8% life stolen per hit, 2+ Shadow Warrior, 1+ Cloak of Shadows)
    Rings: Scintillatng Ring (all res +16), Eagle Grip Ring (3 maximun damage, 20 to mana, 18 cold resists, 26 lightning resist)
    Gloves: Venon Grip Demonhide Gloves
    Belt: Storm Chain Plated Belt
    Boots: Bramble Track Wyrmhide Boots

Mercenary:

To be honest i didnt use Mercenary at all in my whole adventure with my Assasin. I just use him in the starting levels but i realised that it was waste of money because i figured out that my shadow master can do all the tanking and give me the extra help that i need. The majority of the players as far as i can see in the forums have the merc as the right hand man but for me its not working i dont know why. Probably i dont have the ability to keep him alive so that was the reason i didnt use him at all.

General Discussion:

Comments for Diablo 2:

As an old top Dark age of Camelot player i was thinking that diablo 2 will be a normal game that i will be playing when i dont have anything better to do at my work. But NO. Its by far the best game i have ever played! I didnt expect that this game will be so dark with so many varieties and ways to play a character! i fell in love with it!

Comments for my adventure as a Trap Assasin:

To be honest i expected to have a serious trouble as a completly untwinked character. I was keep reading in different forums before i start the game that if i dont have good items i have to forget beating hell lvl. But that one never happened! It was quite easy to beat bosses with the condition to be at a distance and let the traps do the work for you. The most difficult Named boss that i faced was Normal Duriel because at that point i didnt know what i am going to face (the place also was so short). Other than that i didnt get killed at all by named bosses. In my whole adventure i died about 6-7 times and the reason was that the majority of the times i didnt pay attention or i had my baby girl pushing buttons on the laptop :)p). The key for the easy Hell Mode that i faced is probably the Nighmare Baal runs that i did in order to lvl up Fire Blast for the immunes. I have heard Ancients also is a huge problem for a trap assasin but for me it wasnt. Place the traps start running and let the shadow master take the aggro. In general the trap set up that i am using is 3 lightning sentries + 2 death sentries with fade all the time up and good use of Mind Blast and Cloak of shadows when its needed!

Future Plans:

I am still thinking if i have to get gear for that character so i will keep playing her or to create another Assasin (Tiger Striker or WW). I was thinking to try another character like druid or necro but i think its better to stay at the Assasin!

Special thanks to Maxicek who gave me some really helpfull advices and links in order to learn the game and my character better!

Thank you for reading and excuse me for my English!

Good luck to all of you!

Ventrell, Grape and Pb_pal like this.
  2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Congratulations on your first Matriarch. And welcome to the SPF.

I would recommend building a blizz sorc at some point to farm for gear. The reason you had problems with the merc was almost certainly his equipment.

3. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

Congratulations and keep in mind that WW-sins are most powerful assassins out there if you cross out ladder runewords imo.

4. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Congratulations, well done! Glad to hear you loved the game. It seems like you had a nice learning curve there. Believe me it's not over with your first character. D2 is such a wonderful game that you'll learn new things about it almost infinitely.

Welcome to the SPF as well!

5. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

What?

6. maxicek

For PvP, they are behind pure trappers.
    For PvM, this is not true. WW is fun PvM, but not powerful - Traps do most of the killing.

WW Assassins PvM:

7. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

Nice job on finishing this game on Hell for your first character! This is a game that has quite a steep learning curve in the beginning and can be difficult to the point of discouraging for new players in Hell mode.

The best part of D2 is the endless variety- it's the same game, but depending on how you play it can be a very different experience. If you tire with the Assassin, then just move on to another character class. You've only seen 1% of what the game has to offer!

8. Nikolinoss

yes i figured out that the options that i have are so many :) the only minus for me is that i am playing single player only and i have no idea how to trade for example a good necro item that will find with my Assasin in order to twink my necro

9. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

Of course trappers are the most powerful assassin build, but the guy just finished one and hesitate between tiger strike and WW. Sorry for being rude but that chart is total BS, why the hell WW assassin will not use DS (almost any build use it) and I use sup claws and sup armor just picking up rals and orts so my gold goes into gheed's pockets. And finally WW sin are fun AND powerful, do you have one maxicek?

10. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

If there is somebody that tried every possible sin build, that person is maxicek.

Contradiction much?

11. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

Of course trappers are the most powerful assassin build, but the guy just finished one and hesitate between tiger strike and WW. Sorry for being rude but that chart is total BS, why the hell WW assassin will not use DS (almost any build use it) and I use sup claws and sup armor just picking up rals and orts so my gold goes into gheed's pockets. And finally WW sin are fun AND powerful, do you have one maxicek?

12. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

I don't know, maybe you are not a native speaker (and I am not either). But shouldn't you have said "between those two choices WW is better or more powerful"?. Because Trappers are without any doubt the most powerful assassins, and saying otherwise might mislead people that are reading.

And I think what maxicek posted was that a PvM WW needs DS. Not the opposite! And that superior claws would make the repairs caused by WW be really expensive. So I guess before being rude you should be sure if you're understand things correctly. That flow chart is not even that hard.

13. maxicek

@bondcho: I have 20 assassin matriarchs, including 3 PvP WW sins, all of whom finished the game in 1.12, pre re-specs. have a read of the stickies, they are all there.

Kickers, Phoenix Strikers, TS DTail and Tiger Strike are all stronger PvM.

14. Maltatai

Maltatai IncGamers Member

Huge congratulations!

I know what you mean. Obviously written by players who had to overcompensate for their lack of skill :)

Nikolinoss likes this.
  15. Nikolinoss

Maxi you have done every possible assassin build. Could you tell me your favorite build for an Assa that you have most fun with

16. felixbavaria

felixbavaria IncGamers Member

For this, you can use a muling program (GoMule or ATMA) - check the stickies.

Congrats on the Matriarch - the first is always the best :)

If you want to play a melee assassin next, I'd recommend a Phoenix Striker since it works very well untwinked.

Nikolinoss likes this.
  17. Nikolinoss

Thank you brother! yeah I have it in my plans to play a phoenix striker for sure~!

18. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

Could you share your pvm WW assassin?Gear, skills, bps, killing speed, damage on screen, venom?