Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Matriarch Cytherene hits the scene!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shalakshmiyin, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Shalakshmiyin

Shalakshmiyin IncGamers Member

Matriarch Cytherene hits the scene!

*grins*

In light of some of the bad news that's been floating around, I figured I'd post some good news, for a change.

After much work, Cytherene (my Hybridsin) has made Matriarch. I will first list her stats, then her equipment.

Certificate of Matriarchy

Armor and 1st Weapon Switch

Helm and Boots are Natalya's, Gloves are Laying of Hands, Shield is Moser's Blessed Circle, Armor is Goldskin. Belt is Bladebuckle. Amulet is Mahim-Oak Curio.

On second thought...

Yes, that's Gull and Milabrega's Orb. Used that to MF a bit while dallying in A1H. Also had Gheed's Charm in stash, so that helped.

Endgame Stats, Take 1
    Endgame Stats, Take 2

And, last but not least, my merc's equipment. He's wearing Lionheart armor, Cytherene's Vampire Gaze, and is using a Meat Scraper Lochaber Axe converted from 1.09.

It's certainly been a fun ride, and without Grimm_Reaper's help, I'm pretty sure she'd never have made it. As for drops...

I'll let the pictures say most of it. Sigon's gloves, Aldur's Rhythm, Viscerataunt, Tancred's Skull, Tarnhelm, Razortine, and other assorted useless items.

In any event, that's my news story of the day. I'm off to the EMB for a celebratory pomegranate juice.

TwoPaws,
    Shalakshmiyin

2. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Congratulations on the Matriach. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Hey could you describe your build a little?

3. PedPerBog

PedPerBog IncGamers Member

congratulations on your mat

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Congrats on Mat :clap:

If I just could make myself to make proper assy even once... :teeth:

5. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Mat! :thumbsup:

-Pb

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Congrats on the Mat! Yes, please describe the build a little. I would like to make a Assy after I Pat my current Barb currently in Act 5 NM.

7. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

way to go stormwoolf nice mat there :clap:

now what other char plans do you have:howdy:

and make sure to drink and celibrate as much as you feel for because there is always something to say about a new mat

8. Seryant

Seryant IncGamers Member

Congrats Shalak! Go to the EMB and beat the crap out of the Pinball machine to celebrate. Trust me, it's fun!

9. Shalakshmiyin

L_W: Thanks! :D I'll be sure to do that. Should stop over, anyway...I owe Borlag a drink or two.

Seryant: Cytherene will get on that pinball machine here in a sec.

Dacar92, My_Immortal6: Cytherene started life as a Trapassin, so as you can imagine, she's got plenty of points in traps. Here's the exact setup, listed by tree:

Traps=

Fire Blast - 4
    Shock Web - 3
    Wake of Fire - 6
    Charged Bolt Sentry - 1
    Wake of Inferno - 1 (mostly for Synergies)
    Lightning Sentry - 4
    Death Sentry - maxed. I think it was 22, with +skills items.

Shadow Disciplines=

Claw Mastery - 7
    Psychic Hammer - 1 (prereq. only)
    Burst of Speed - 2 (They wound up being wasted points, but this skill never hurts to be had, regardless of build. Were I to go back and do this all again, I would throw a few more points into BoS. At least to five or seven.)
    Weapon Block - 1 (prereq, pretty much--once I got high enough for my Moser's, I never picked up a second set of blades.)
    Cloak of Shadows - 2 (Mostly prereq, though I did a small test run to see how successful this skill would be. I suggest using only one.)
    Shadow Warrior - 6
    Mind Blast - 9
    Shadow Master - maxed. Same story as Death Sentry. All remaining points went to Mind Blast. The Chance to Convert can sometimes mean life or death, even if it's only temporary.

Martial Arts=

Tiger Strike - 1 (I had some plus skills that helped, but I forget what the max was at any given time.
    Dragon Talon - 1
    Cobra Strike - 1
    Dragon Claw - 1

As you can tell, this was a rather trap-dependent hybrid, as opposed to being a pure Trapper. The lightning traps will get you anywhere except Hell difficulty, which is where Mind Blast can really help. The Strikes didn't really seem to do much damage beyond Act III NM, so I left them for the traps. It's good to have them as backup, however--should you find an LIFI, those melee tactics will help. And yes, they nerfed life leech in NM and Hell. It's still priceless for this build. Vamp. Gaze, Natalya's Set, Bartuc's (kept mine on since Normal, have yet to trade it in for anything. the only thing I'd trade it for is the unique Battle Cestus, and I haven't found one yet.), at least one Cathan's ring on at all times. Anything you can manage.

Well, I'd best run. Thanks much, guys! :D

TwoPaws,
    Shalakshmiyin

EDIT: My_Immortal, I didn't see that you'd also asked for build elaboration until after reading through the thread. My apologies.

10. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Congrats on making a Matriarch. :thumbsup:

11. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Congrats!

I find getting a pure lightning trapper to Mat being fairly difficult. It's MUCH easier if you have something with lower resist charges. Even then sometimes you need to make your merc do all of the work. Death Sentry is very useful though.

12. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Firstly congratulations, second, I am in awe of the Matriarch with your end-game equipment! Not a single Elite Item, and the Bartuc's probably the rarest, and you still matted the char. Excellent work!

My first Patriarch had no Elite items either, and I was very proud of him.

Take a bow, Two Paws, truly marvelous.

Steve

13. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

I have 4 pats and none of them used an elite unique/set, I never find this kind of stuff :)

Anyways, congrats on your new pat! Nice to see an assy make it, I've never played one past normal ;)

:wave:

14. Shalakshmiyin

Serdash: Yeah, it was INSANE, especially through Act III and beyond, as just about anything I ran into usually spawned with an LI mod. I had fire traps and some other things as backup, but I was also playing with a Skelemancer, so I had some additional backups. The LIPI didn't have any of his resists broken down by LR, so he was an especial challenge. Managed to get him, though. If I were to max another trap besides Death Sentry, it'd be Wake of Fire. Wake of Inferno is, really, rather pointless. For LIFI's , though, physical never hurt.

Crudesash68: *nods* I had every piece of my main equipment as early as Act I NM. I added the Gull and Milabrega's to second weapon-switch (whereas it had been empty before.) later, because I didn't find the Gull until she was in roughly Act IV NM.

On the flip side, I'd kill for that unique Battle Cestus (unless it's destructible, in which case it's useless, as it's ethereal).

Zefmoordis: Truth be told, the only items I found were the boots, amulet, gloves, rings (Cathans and Nagel, if I haven't mentioned those yet), belt (NM Baal), and gloves. The armor and claws were from a giveaway stash ages ago (I believe it was AlterEgo's and/or one from a friend at another forum), and the helm was a spare gifted to me by my combat companion. (I'd received one in a giveaway, but due to a computer error, I lost the stash it was in. I was in mourning for a while, after that...)

TekkaZerox: Thanks a bunch! :D Have a drink on me. (that goes for everyone else in the thread, too. :D)

TwoPaws,
    Shalakshmiyin

15. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Great work Shalakshmiyin! :clap:

16. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Congrats on the awesome Mat, quite impressive! :clap:

17. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Congrats on the matriarch :)

Damn I must be getting old or something, haven't even noticed this thread and it's been here for a long time now :lol:

18. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Mat! :thumbsup:

robin

19. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Congratulations! :clap:

20. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Congrats! :) Go have another pomegranate juice on me in the EMB. :clap: