Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Matriarch Bodiccea

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Stony, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Stony

Stony Diabloii.Net Member

Matriarch Bodiccea

As electricity crackled through the air of Moo Moo farms, Bovus the Unmilkable watched in bewildered passivity as her fellow heifers spasmed and collapsed around her. Death had come, in the form of a tall, generously-endowed blonde in tight red leather. Not spooky so much as... bimbo-y. Hefting her poleax, Bovus took two steps toward this rather skanky agent of doom, and was promptly hit by about 30 bolts of lightning. Having no counter-argument for this, she opined, "Moo!" and gracefully bit the dust, leaving nothing but a light healing potion and the smell of ozone mixed with barbeque sauce.

"That's the last of 'em," Bodiccea said, pulling her spear out of a twitching corpse. "Not one decent rune, dammit. I want a Zod."
    "Can't win 'em all, Miss B," her faithful Rogue merc Heather shrugged. "What do we do now?"
    "Retire," Bodiccea said. "The gate brought us in on top of the Cow King AGAIN, so we're not coming back. Oh, gotta do the matriarch announcement thing."

"Hi everybody! This is to announce that I, Bodiccea of the bouncing bodaciousness, have whacked Hell Baal. Game over, man! I'm a spearazon, mostly using Fend but also Lightning Strike or Charged Strike for the big nasties. It was pretty easy thanks to my incredible skill, hotness, and awesome gear. Mostly, anything I looked at, died. That's Heather, she helped too."

"First, the skill set. Fend, Lightning Strike, Charged Strike, and Valkyrie got 20 each, duh. Jab was ok for little fast-moving guys, but only needed one point. Dodge, Avoid, and Evade were fine with one point each plus bonuses."

Heather raises her hand. "Don't forget that you only needed one point in Penetrate, 'cause your weapon has Ignore Target Defense on it."

"I'm getting to that! Sheesh." Rolling her eyes, Bodiccea continues, "ITD doesn't work on bosses, and in their infinite wisdom Blizzard decided not to put enough AR on Fend, so I put a point in Penetrate. Blizz, remember that not everyone wants to play a character the way you want, so there is no reason you should give the Amazon melee skills and then make them suck. Anyhoo, using Fend, my biggest problem was Fend-lock, another thing Blizzard decided never to fix. While I was growing up, I thought about it a lot-- no comments, Heather."

Looking unusually innocent, Heather pipes up, "I wasn't going to say a thing, Miss B."

"Come on, I saw you. Now, Fend-lock. There are some strategies that kind of work, but the best one I found is to get Freezes Target from something. They can't lock you if they never hit you. Problem is, none of the unique spears have it, and it's hard to get off-weapon. Only one runeword that can be in a spear has it: Hand of Justice. That takes a Cham rune, so it's *****in' stuff."

Heather nods. "But we had a Cham, and a Sur."

"Yes, Heather," Bodiccea smiles tensely. "HoJ is nice, but really expensive. I wanted to make it in a Mancatcher, but dammit, we didn't have a four-socket Mancatcher." Pausing, she glances sidewise at her merc. "No comments, Heather..."

"About what, Miss B? Mancatchers?"

"Yes, Heather. I already have two fine man-catchers, three would be a crowd. No Mancatcher, but we did have a four-socket Matriarchal Spear with +3 to Jav/Spear skills. For a while, I was kind of worried about using it. Those are some pretty rare runes to pop for a weapon that might only get used once. But then I thought, why not? I am totally worth it. It's all I need: fast, deadly, and totally hot, just like me."

Hand of Justice -- Bodiccea's Matriarchal Spear
    'SurChamAmnLo'
    Two-Hand Damage: 273 to 399
    Durability: 28 of 28
    Required Dexterity: 142
    Required Strength: 114
    Required Level: 67
    Spear Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
    +320% Enhanced Damage <-- Good roll!
    7% Life stolen per hit
    33% Increased Attack Speed <-- Ok, I need that
    Hit Blinds Target +1 <-- I don't know why they put this crap on melee weapons
    Ignore Target Defense
    Freezes Target +3
    20% Deadly Strike
    Level 16 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped <-- Irresistible hotness! Too bad the damage sucks.
    +3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    100% Chance to cast Level 48 Meteor When You Die
    100% Chance to cast Level 36 Blaze When You Level Up
    -20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
    Socketed (4: 4 used)

"You don't have to put HoJ in a melee weapon, Miss B. Blinds Target is really nice on a bow."

"No one asked, Heather. Now, before anyone cries, remember, runes are to be used. If you don't use them, they'll sit in the stash forever, and you might as well have never found them. And the spear matches my armor: Chains of Honor, in some wire fleece. I had to go for the leather and chains look."

"Isn't fleece what you find on sheep, Miss B?"

"Heather! I am not wearing steel wool. That's ugly, and it would chafe. The rest of my gear is about what you'd expect. Thundergod's Vigor, for the lightning. Griffon's Eye, same reason. Mara's Kalido-thingy. Oh, and a neato pair of rare gloves, with 20% IAS, +2 to Jav/Spear, 3% mana leech, and some other stuff that's basically gravy. Resists, dual-leech ring with Confuse charges I never used, and skill charms. Heather has an upped Witchwild String some Bowazon would give her right breast for, and William's helmet."

"Guillaume's Face," Heather smiles. "Looks kind of weird with the Spirit Shroud, but I like not being frozen."

"Whatever, Heather. Let's finish this off."

Mini-capsule review: Arcanna's Tricks
    "Sorceress set, with mana bonuses, skill bonuses, and magic find. You can use it at level 15, when Sorc's aren't using their spells or trying to magic find. Whoopee."

Mini-capsule review: Cathan's Traps
    "Another Sorceress set, with more melee and less magic. The ring is good: 6% life leech at level 11."

Mini-capsule review: Civerb's Vestments
    "Aren't Vestments priest clothes? Shouldn't this set have some armor in it? You've got a club, shield, and amulet, and a priest should wear more than that. Jeez louise, the church has enough scandals right now. I guess if you want to whack undead, you could use this, but please wear pants."

Mini-capsule review: Cleglaw's Brace
    "Another naked melee set. Bowazons liked the gloves when they were buggy."

Matriarch Bodiccea, level 87 Amazon
    STR 105 (150)
    DEX 142 (149)
    VIT 263 (288)
    ENG 15 (25)

Fend, Lightning Strike, and Charged Strike at 20 (33)
    Valkyrie 20 (31 with pre-buffs)
    Decoy 5 (11 in the field)

Life: 1148
    Mana: 157
    AR: 3968 with Fend, 2302 with Jab. ITD is my friend.
    DR: 1260
    Fend damage: 1960-3011
    Lightning Strike: 1-2347 on 37 bolts
    Charged Strike: 1-2430 on 9 charged bolts
    Resists: 75/75/85/58

Equipment:
    Hurtstick: Hand of Justice Matriarchal Spear
    Support Weapon: Demon Limb, for those pesky PI/LI's
    Head: Griffon's Eye, +14% lightning damage, -18% lightning resistance. Set with a 15% IAS jewel.
    Body: Chains of Honor Wire Fleece.
    Belt: Thundergod's Vigor
    Hands: Rare gloves of awesomeness
    Feet: Rare boots with FRW and lots of resists
    Neck: Mara's Kaleidoscope.
    Ring 1: Rare ring with resists, 4% life leech
    Ring 2: Dual leech ring with Confuse. Thought I might use it, I didn't.
    Charms: Skillers, resists, FRW. You know the drill.

Mercenary: Heather, fire Rogue
    Weapon: Witchwild String, upped to a Diamond Bow and set with two Shael's
    Head: Guillaume's Face
    Body: The Spirit Shroud

Strategy:
    "There's one strategy in Diablo II: kill things lots. Fend worked most of the time, unless they were immune to physical. And remember: there's no shame in hiding behind your Valk! That's why she's there."

"Don't forget hiding behind your mercenary."

"It is hardly my fault that you kept running out in front! With all those resurrections, you were getting more high-maintenance than ME. Now, with the spear, gloves, and jewel, I got a 7/5/9 speed on Fend, which was enough most of the time. When it wasn't, Jab worked, or a lightning skill. Lightning Immune Flayers were a huge pain, I had to run around jabbing. Oh, Heather helped, when she wasn't dying."

"Miss B? Exploding Flayer skeletons?"

After a short pause, Bodiccea adds, "Ok, hide behind the merc from those. There, happy now?"

Softly smiling, Heather quietly adds, "And you liked Amplify Damage on champs and bosses, where your Blinds Target couldn't override it."

Now showing a great deal more teeth, Bodiccea says, "Yes, Heather... that was very, very helpful."

"So..." Heather traces a toe in the grass of Moo Moo farms. "Bows aren't useless?"

"I never said they weren't. I said Bowazons are snotty, that's all. Javazons are worse. They need to be reminded that the physical spear skills are not useless, no matter how hard Blizzard tried, and even the most dedicated Bowie should remember to put one point in Jab."

Quietly nodding, Heather says, "Okay. I'm happy."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm happy. Have you seen Khaleel?"

Bodiccea snorts, "Hmph! Lover-boy's playing Team Fortress. Or Torchlight; Steam's running over there."

Heather grins, "Or maybe Plants vs. Zombies. When do you think Diablo III's coming out?"

"Who knows? That's another reason I wanted to use those runes. They'll be useless once DIII hits the hard drive, and all that item-finding will have been for nothing."

"Yeah, I doubt our stuff will transfer. Are you gonna try it, Miss B?"

"If there's spears, I'm there. I might look like a Barb chick though."

"I hope they have an archer class. I think they should."

Laughing, Bodiccea says, "Heather, as long as the Rogues show enough skin, they will always be in the game. I think they'll have an archer class, and she'll be at least half naked. It's a tradition. Now, we're done with this game. You go find your boyfriend, I'm gonna find a place to wait for the next."

2. xxnothing

xxnothing Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Matriarch Bodiccea

I LOVE this write up. Well done! :)

3. DeathAndDecay

DeathAndDecay Diabloii.Net Member

One of the best write-ups' IMO. It's so cool you found a use for HoJ on something that isn't a Paladin... But don't you think the fire mods got wasted a lot?

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned Diabloii.Net Member

Awesome read, sir. I feel like I should be congratulating Bodiccea instead of you for some reason. Congrats, Bodiccea, masterfully done! :D

Absolutely hilarious. :D

Absolutely agree. :D

Also, I really like (the perhaps purposeful) discrepancy between the quality of Bodiccea's gear and Heather's gear. It really shows the boss-slave relationship really well. 'Grats again.

5. Thomh

Thomh Diabloii.Net Member

Another magnificent write-up, Stony. It`s good to see you`re still doing this every once in a while. As always: GG build and the weapon is incredibly cool.

6. Greebo

Greebo Diabloii.Net Member

That write-up made my day. Thank you! There's a smiley for this somewhere... There it is: :worship:

Congrats!
    --Greebo

7. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

Bodiccea was my favorite of the Grand Tour characters, although Xanthippe is up there. :D

Really, stylish character, too. Thanks for the write-up! So glad to see Bodiccea is as sexy and sassy as ever.

8. Stony

Stony Diabloii.Net Member

Bodiccea waves. "Thanks, boys! You know, I just KNEW somebody would dis me for my weapon. Ok, ok, I only got the best out of it when I enchanted with Demon Limb. Gimmee a break, HoJ had everything else I wanted. With Blizz items, you're lucky to get three properties you can actually use."

"As for Heather, she... um, she's kind of busy right now, but I did kind of forget to get her new armor. I don't know what kind of armor Bowies want. The helmet's good for physical damage types, and she does physical." Bodiccea glances around a corner, and quickly looks away. "Yeah, she gets physical. And needs privacy. Sheesh, everybody thinks *I'm* the bimbo..."

9. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for writing this. Very good read.

And congrats on your one use weapon!

10. DeathAndDecay

DeathAndDecay Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, no offence, dude, I like how you made use of HoJ, pretty unique. :thumbup:
    I think it's only me who is afraid when you don't ,,use your weapon at it's full potential."