Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Matriarch Alexia(1.10)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Serdash, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

Matriarch Alexia(1.10)

Well this is my pure blizzard sorceress. Honestly I don't see what all the hype is, you have to A) Have a beefy merc and no crowd control to speak of or B) Run around like a scared little girl.

I chose option B.

Throughout my entire career of playing, this character had the most trouble at Hell Ancients.

What is she good at?

Just about nothing. She can run pindleskin, but in the time her merc dies, she's got one shot or nothing at it, otherwise she's dead.

But. With a little help from shermo a few minutes ago, I got past the ancients, and Baal was a snap.

Matriarch Alexia
    Level 82(819523143 Exp)
    Strength: 90(102)
    Dexterity: 108(157)
    Vitality: 267(279)
    Energy: 35(Base)(37)

Life: 892
    Mana: 740

Cold Spells
    20 Ice Bolt
    20 Ice Blast
    20 Glacial Spike
    20 Blizzard
    1 Frost Nova(Pre-Req.)
    1 Cold Mastery

Lightning Spells:
    1 Static Field
    1 Telekenesis
    1 Teleport

Fire Spells:
    1 Warmth
    1 Fire Bolt
    5 Fire Ball
    1 Fire Mastery

Blizzard Damage: 3960 - 4188

I put the points into fireball/fire mastery because I figured I had nothing better to put them in, and maybe it would help me with cold immunes.

Yeah. Right. I wish.

Gear:
    Heart of the Oak(39%)
    Tal Rasha's Guardianship(PTopaz)
    Harlequin Crest(PTopaz)
    Tal Rasha's Adjudication
    Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
    Whitstan's Guard(PDiamond)
    Stone of Jordan
    Ravenfrost(17 Dex)
    Frostburn(WTFuxD00d?)
    War Traveller

Mercenary:
    Emilio - Act 2 NM Defensive(Holy Freeze)
    Level 80
    Guillaumes Face
    Reaper's Toll
    Duriel's Shell(Great Hauberk, 1366 Def)

Overall one of the most annoying characters. Are all of the one-tree sorceresses this bad? I mean my fire sorc is only 72, and my lightning sorc in her mid 60's, and they seem to not be having this kind of trouble with the game so far. I mean my trapper didn't have this much trouble(Then again she had CoS).

Meh. I guess I can retire her to pindleskin runs or something. Not much else she can really do.

Another Mat/Pat I can't help but not really like all that much. :\

Anything I missed?

2. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the mat.

I've contemplated building a blizz sorc ... but that's down the list. My meteorb is actually pretty strong offensively ... but you do need a strong merc with great gear and very good and effective playstyle to go through Hell on players8.

3. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

Whats so difficult about blizzard sorc?

4. EnerSense

EnerSense Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on your Mat! Thanks for your input on this build. It confirmed what I thought might happen. I probably won't make a single tree sorc now. :)

5. SeDnA

Anyway dashy, you should've maxed cold mastery. With a decent mercenary(which you have) you should be able to cruise through hell.

Btw a Blizzard sorceress can defeeat the ancients herself, with a good merc. Firstly you gotta roll something like 2x non-cold immunes the last one not cursed/FE. Then just tele around casting blizzard on in front of you so when they run towards you they get hit. I did this and 2 ancients died within 1 min. The last one was korlic, he was a breeze, he kept coming for me but barely hit me for some reason. I only got 7k defense. I drank pots when my life went to 3/4, and my merc with eth sudan upped, duriels, stealskull with jewel of fervor, killed him in ~2-3 min.

@Deathmaster listor is no problem since he can be frozen, and with maxed cm he dies very quickly.

6. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

Single tree sorc ain't easy. Well done mate.

However, I don't really feel she earned the title since she did not defeat hell ancients.

Congrats for a great MFer, however.

I think you will find more trouble with pure fire sorc, FI will only be worse (think Ancients/Lister).

7. frosty

frosty Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats, again.

use her as a meph runner.

8. Sidhe

Sidhe Diabloii.Net Member

Congratulations on the Mat, Dashy!! :)

9. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not so sure on that count. I have a pure fire sorc that made it all the way solo to mat. I was hardcore about it, I didn't even have points in teleport, I used a Leaf staff with the skill on it. Since then I've gone ahead and gotten the skill though.

Meteor+Fireball is a very deadly combo to anything not immune. Meteor with pure MF equipment gets 13-14k easy, and fireballs have a knockback like effect that can stun monsters just long enough to catch your meteor. Anything fire immune just takes time to kill with the merc, who is a not so bad fighter with even a low level enchant on him to up his AR.

I've yet to mat my pure light sorcie, mostly because I made her as a countess runner and she pulls that off easily. Maybe someday when I'm bored :)

10. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the mat :thumbsup:

11. Porius

Porius Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats! What's next?

Porius

12. Serdash

Maxing cold mastery was probably more or less a waste IMO. Korlic is always CI, by the time I could take out the other two, they mobbed and destroyed my mercenary. His gear wasn't even bad, for some reason they were just able to dominate him. I rerolled them 40+ times and didn't get anything I could survive with. My mercenary just wouldn't stay alive, even after feeding him rejuv after rejuv. Maybe a few more points in CM would help, but right now it drops them by 60%, and IIRC CM doesn't take them below 0% does it? Not to mention if I go to level I'll be using Skin of the Vipermagi and an Arachnid Mesh pushing up CM to 70%, which is pretty decent for me. Unless I'm missing something.

Uhm... she did defeat hell ancients. I just had to get some help in an MP game. Unless you consider me getting help with the ancients "not deserving" of a title, then you're an idiot. I simply had trouble with a boss, it happens sometimes, I just probably didn't gain enough levels prior to the fight due to skipping a lot of cold immunes.

13. Toppo

Toppo Diabloii.Net Member

The thing is, you are.

Monster -resist is capped at -100% not 0%. That's why it is adviced to get CM at least to level 17 (100% piercing enemy res).

14. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe Diabloii.Net Member

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

15. Darkwell

Darkwell Diabloii.Net Member

Congratulations Dashy, may your next character be more fun.

16. Dodgydave

Dodgydave Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the Mat Dashy.

Any suggestion it's undeserved because you MP'd to beat the ancients is stupid. So many people here MP does that mean all the characters achievements are undeserved. :D

17. SeDnA

Dashy, CM reduces enemy resistance to a cap of -100. Doubling your cold skill damage :p Big mistake anyway.

By the way don't let your merc tank ancients. Tele around don't let them hit you at all. Blizzard should be able to kill 2 of them. Korlic can't own your merc solo, and he goes for you anyway. Blizzard where they are going to run towards, so they will get hit by 2-3 shards at least. Thats good damage.

18. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I guess I'm idiot. Sorry if I said anything offensive.

I must be idiot because all my char must handle everything him/herself.

"Edit:deleted."

Just ignore me, I'm just an idiot. :eek:

19. Serdash

Well if you'd like to not be called an idiot I could call you something else, I mean if you're just going to jump in my thread and say I'm not deserving of a matriarch title because I got a little bit of help during a tough part of the game, then I'd rather you just not post in it at all. Your post was insulting, irritating, and most of all flamebait just waiting for me to say something.

So maybe word something better next time or just don't even say it at all. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm not trying to start a fight, I would just prefer if you didn't sound like such a dick with what you posted.

And now I'm reporting my own damn thread because I honestly don't want it to get out of hand.

20. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the Mat! :D

Must've been tough, being a single-element sorc and all. Big props from Wonko :thumbsup:

(You people really need to stop tempting me to make a Blizz sorc. My meteorb isn't even done yet! :p)