Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mat or GMB for strafers

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by trunte, Mar 30, 2005.

1. trunte

trunte IncGamers Member

Mat or GMB for strafers

Hmm now i started wondering if i should switch my GMB faith for a Mat Faith? Im a strafer should i do this or what?

2. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

I use a Faith GMB! And it works very good! You deal more damage per hit! Mat Bow fires faster but it deals less damage per hit!

Some people like speed so maybe you are 1 of those speedy Gonzales type ;) !

Hope that Xzon and superdave will answer too! :p

/Dec

3. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Sure. 8/2 is max strafe. If you insist on using a faith for strafe (I personally would use WF and build an 8 frame multi with faith instead) then definately a GMB. You should check the ias tables but I am pretty sure that only 55% is needed regardless of fanaticism level to hit 8/2 with GMB. This is ridiculously easy to achieve so the Mat bow will not shoot faster than the GMB in this situation.

In general, Mat bow at 7 frames for PvP. GMB for PvM at 8 frames preferably using multi in either situation. 8 frame multi with GMB is insane. We have several people in the forums who have used this set up and can attest to the power. Way better than strafe.

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i use both...more equip options are available with the mat but its so damn easy to hit 8/2 with the gmb anyways....i prefer the extra damage of the gmb....for about the same cost of a nice gmb faith you could pick up an 8ml wf socketed with a 15/xx(i have a 15/40 in mine)...the damage is insane when coupled with fortitude....you can go with a faith rogue and shoot 8/2 with the wf...that i believe is the ultimate strafer

5. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Better superdave. I have a shadow bow faith on a rogue merc with a multi WF at 7 or 8 frames. The kill speed is ridiculous but I stopped playing that one. Gets a bit annoying when you lose the merc and your speed drops to nothing.

6. trunte

trunte IncGamers Member

Every time i think i have this ias thing down i get boned.... Using a faith bow just increases you ias right? For a lvl fanat you get 33% ias that stacks with the rest of you ias thats all right? Then i can go for the breakpoints... (keep finding different numbers for these... so i f*cks me up.. :/)

I think ill build a WF strafer and GMB faith multi
    (would appreciate if either superdave or XZON would write the stuff you use (especially how you reach the breakpoint ) and you chosen skills.

Im so confused :confused: :mad:

7. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

No. That's the problem. The fanaticism ias is different. Leissa Wyrmbane (sorry if I mispelled it) did an extensive explanation of how it works. This ias is called Eias. Basically the breakpoints change completely with fanaticism.

Wf strafe will be 120% ias as long as your merc does not wear faith. My strafe gear is as follows:

Andarials Vissage w/ 15% ias jewel = 35%
    WF socketed with 15% ias/30% ed jewel = 35%
    Laying of Hands = 20%
    Cats eye = 20% (some choose highlords)
    Upped goldwrap = 10% (some like nos coil but I hate the - to light radius)
    (total = 120%)

War travlers
    Ravenfrost x 2 or depending on area I may swap 1 dwarf star or 1 Wisp.
    Chains of honor / Fortitude

For faith GMB, for 8 frame multi you will need 46% if level 15 and 50% if level 12 (fanaticism). Either way, with the proper gear you should get 55% so it won't matter.

Tals helm 15% ias jewel (dual leech + other mods)
    Cats eye
    Laying of Hands
    (there's your 55%)

Fortitude
    Faith GMB
    War travlers
    Ravenfrost x 2 or swap 1 for dwarf star
    Thunder Gods vigor (20% light absorb.)

With dwarf star you can absorb light, fire and cold. You will be nearly bullet proof.

Multi burns mana so you will need 10% leech to keep up. Cats eye could be highlords but I love the dex and FRW. With only needing 50% ias, there are obviously many combinations that will work but after much thought, this was the best I came up with.

I did consider atmas ammy and getting the ias elsewhere but with multi, only the middle 2 or 4 arrows have the chance to cast so it's not worth the trouble.

Make sure you max magic arrow with either build. These are high damage builds and magic arrow will destroy any PI you run across.

8. trunte

trunte IncGamers Member

Thanks so much X :D

And thanks for baring with me... I'm actually not new to diablo i just been on a major d2x brake do to me schooling so just need to get updated on what's happening. So sorry for the many posts.

Thanks again

9. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Anytime. Good luck with the builds.