Mastery Sorc Tourney

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
.... you may want to shop the staff shop in act 2 for a +1 enchant staff with 2 sockets run the countess for TirRal and get yourself a nice leaf staff. having +4 enchant will get you through most of normal with the synergy bonus and mastery.
Me = idiot

I actually found a +2 enchant staff with 2 sockets. But while swapping staffs around I dropped a stuped gem in there. I'll be running the countess a lot if I want a leaf in there :rant:

But nonetheless I went on. Everything until Duriel went fine, only got minor troubles in the right Tomb. Duriel himself proved to be a nice battle. But after I found the right strategy (run and shoot) it only became a matter of time.

Danielle, now lvl 22 and reached the Flayer Jungle waypoint.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
:jig: Still going on

I went on with Danielle through Act III and I had a little meeting with the council. After that it was down to Memphisto, memphisto was taken down at range with static/firewall. Wasn't to difficult, but I used up some bottles doing this.

Both Izual and Hephasto has been treated the same way, now I am standing at the the last WP before Diablo himself. I called it a night though. HellForge gave a Tir :(

Danielle - Lvl 26 - River of Flames WP

Randall

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
:jig: Still going on

I went on with Danielle through Act III and I had a little meeting with the council. After that it was down to Memphisto, memphisto was taken down at range with static/firewall. Wasn't to difficult, but I used up some bottles doing this.

Both Izual and Hephasto has been treated the same way, now I am standing at the the last WP before Diablo himself. I called it a night though. HellForge gave a Tir :(

Danielle - Lvl 26 - River of Flames WP

Randall
dang I guess I need to get my act together and start playing my mastery sorc.

I finally finished my elemental druid next is my mastery sorc or my passive only amazon. Oh well let me start on this tourney again. any one else still playing?

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just finished my mat too so I got a little time for her. Progress is bad though, died twice on the way to Andy. Lvl 9 is a horrible way to fight her. No progress in that sense.

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Right, I got back down to business and managed to firebolt Andy to death :lol:
So she's now in Act II. Just waiting to get to lvl 18, then I'll go shopping for firewall/enchant staffs. Not a single chipped topez dropped in the whole of act I :( so no mf-ing trips either.

CrazyBoobies lvl 13 Act II

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
@sunbearie: nice to see others making progress, congrat's on taking on Andy :)

I just had a visit with Diablo. Again the static/firewall seemed to work. I feel happy about making my char SC, otherwise static would have killed my several times.

Danielle - Lvl 26 - Act V Hell

Hmm, I hope I actually reach the lvl where I can use the 2 tweak items. I'm not sure if they will be that usefull anyways. But reaching lvl 30 for the masteries will definately be a must to get more damage.

Randall

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Danielle - Lvl 26 - Act V Hell
Do you mean normal???

Hmm, I hope I actually reach the lvl where I can use the 2 tweak items. I'm not sure if they will be that usefull anyways. But reaching lvl 30 for the masteries will definately be a must to get more damage.

Randall
yepper you have to reach clvl 40 before facing nightmare ancients so you'll get to 30 for masteries you might as well get there in the first part of act V normal.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
Do you mean normal???
Yes offcourse (my fault)

Uzziah said:
yepper you have to reach clvl 40 before facing nightmare ancients so you'll get to 30 for masteries you might as well get there in the first part of act V normal.
I know it's possible, it's actually more if I want or need to reach lvl 39. The target of the tournament is to kill NM Baal with the lowest lvl / experience and reaching 39 just for the 2 items might not be needed.

Randall

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
Do you mean normal???

Opps, I forgot about that. That means the miniumum lvl everyone has would be lvl 40 rite?

Btw, I made it past the first quest. To adapt CrazyBobbies for future use, she's going to be a Titan(ie. no more pts in vit, vit=35).

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, now I understand the remark. It took a while for me, I must be getting old :(

Ok, so before beating Baal on NM I have to be lvl 40 anyways (to pass the ancients)
EDIT: And one tournament requerement is, all Quests must be done.

Randall

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Ah, now I understand the remark. It took a while for me, I must be getting old :(

Ok, so before beating Baal on NM I have to be lvl 40 anyways (to pass the ancients)
EDIT: And one tournament requerement is, all Quests must be done.

Randall
Bingo so the lowest one will beat this tournement is clvl 41 40 to activate the ancients 41 for beating them. you will have those 11 levels worth of masteries thats why leveling early doesn't hurt you.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, Danielle went on in Act V some more.

I first took out everything up to the ancients (ignoring pindle), but I have not touched the ancients yet, I have the WP though. Now I'll go to pindle/nihlitak to first get that quest and WP.

I must get to lvl 30 before trying on the ancients (or nihlitak for that matter) for the extra damage of the masteries.

Danielle - lvl 29 - at pindle/ancients

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
May I present Slayer Danielle.

She got to finish up all stuff in Act V en now stepped into nightmare. Nihlitak was easy, the ancients where a small problem and it was actually Baal causing the most problems (when his twin was there).

But I think one of the toughest battles will be Duriel on NM, never like this one with a sorc.

Slayer Danielle - lvl 33 - Act I NM

Randall

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I think you're firmly in the lead now Randall, unless one of us buck up and rush her through :lol:

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Update:

Randall - Danielle, clvl 33 act 1 nightmare
Uzziah - Mastery_Sorc, clvl 11 act 2
Sunbearie - CrazyBoobie, clvl 13 act 2
Eagle Eye - Mental Master, clvl 5 cold plains
Bradley_Turner - teh_illest, clvl 1 no other info

It looks as though interest has subsided in this tourney.

Sunbearie, Randall you are the only ones left, I gave up my stride towards this goal I don't have much time for diablo right now and I have many many other builds to work on.

I will still give you my item when the tourney is over but I would like some imput on how to end the tourney. I am thinking who ever is the furthest with the lowest level at the end of next week IE Black Friday.

If you want through the holiday let me know otherwise my finish nightmare still stands.

By the way how goes your builds?

AE Please adjust the tourney sticky to reflect the ending of this tourney.

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Sigh, I'm afraid I have to pull out in this case. I actually pulled her through Act 5 normal(lvl 25 with a lot of running!) but then my computor flipped and she was among the chars I lost when I made the "wrong" backup. Given the time I spent on her, I don't think I can match Randall's achievement. :lol:

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

a few other things came in between and I haven't seen this thread for some time now. She is still in Act 1 NM.
I was thinking of putting some more time in her for the tournament, but seeing I'm the only one left this might not be worth it.

Allthough I might try it anyways (tournament or not) just to see if I can kill Ancients/Baal on nightmare.

Randall

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Now why didn´t I find this tournament earlier?

Excellent idea for a build! :clap: This is my kind of challenge. Requires all sorts of tricks to be succesful.

I just HAVE to try this. The tourney is closed, but I hope it´s OK if I post my progress in this thread.

I won´t try to keep my level down. I will do full clears (like always) and I will play on /p8 in Normal and NM (save for the occasional act boss and the Ancients).

I have two rules questions, though:

1. I see no mention of mercs. Are they completely unrestricted?

2. 'No muling on'. Does that mean I can´t use ATMA as an extended stash, and I must sell stuff that won´t fit into stash + inventory before a save?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Jill the fledgling Mastery Sorceress has rescued Cain. So far, she has only used one spell: Frozen Armor. I have +3 FA on an orb that I keep in inventory. I find it especially useful in the dark caves, because it lights them up.

So far, this character feels like most of my young sorcies, but without Frost Nova and Static Field. Jill reached level 5 on the Blood Moor and by then, she was strong enough to use a Scepter (which she had found). I think this weapon type is really good in the early game. Thrown javelins are in the same league. Jill has used a couple of different ones, she picks up and uses them as she goes. Right now, she has a pack with ethereal ones. She uses javelins mainly against hurtful bosses (LE, CE).

The current Scepter has two sockets, with cSapphire and cRuby. Klaudia the fire rogue is NOT using my standard 3s Long Bow. I had made one with cSapphire and 2x cRuby, but then I found a better (and clearly faster) rare:
Grim Song
Hunter's Bow

Two-Hand Damage: 4 to 8
Required Dexterity: 28
Required Level: 3
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 8
+19% Enhanced Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
+2 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-7 lightning damage
+6 poison damage over 2 seconds
10% Increased Attack Speed

Other nice finds include 3 chipped topazes (one of them upgraded to flawed with a shrine) put to good use in gear, a 6% lightning resist small charm, and Arctic Furs. I really want to find the Arctic belt now. Would be a good MF and resist boost.

Name: Jill (of all trades)
Level: 15
Next area: Black Marsh
Available skills:
Frozen Armor lvl 3 (orb in inventory)

@Uzziah:
I need an answer to my questions in last post, because my stash is just about full now. :D