Mastery Sorc Tourney

Eagle Eye

Diabloii.Net Member
Mental_master has made a start and is now at the cold plains and is lvl 5. I except some time tonight to progress futher have to do some study first :rant: got some due in tommorow.

Come on folks join in.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Mastery_Sorc clears act 1 at the whooping clvl 11
a +2 inferno staff (inferno 50-76 before bugged damage reduction) took andy down in a matter of 4 minutes.

Standings
Uzziah - Mastery_Sorc, clvl 11 act 2 town
Sunbearie - CrazyBoobie, clvl 8 countess complete
Eagle Eye - Mental Master, clvl 5 cold plains
Bradley_Turner - teh_illest, clvl 1 no other info

good luck everyone I am finished for today.

bradley_turner

Diabloii.Net Member
whats the bugged inferno dmg? cause i was planning on going inferno, and i've never heard of it >.>

Death Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0xe2e5f243
+19 to Strength
+17 to Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +51%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Charged Bolt when struck

and a spellsteal will be the items i mule on, cause i dont have any cool lower lvl stuff =(

wow, killed andy at lvl 1 o_O i dont think im gonna be able to compete with you, lol

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
bradley_turner said:
whats the bugged inferno dmg? cause i was planning on going inferno, and i've never heard of it >.>
The inferno damage is only 1/3 as effective as a bug its the same as the articblast damage to most people its comparative and not noticed. But if the screen reads 30 per second its actually dealing 10 per second.

wow, killed andy at lvl 1 o_O i dont think im gonna be able to compete with you, lol
Um your not completing the quests then, quest 1 will earn you 2 clvl just for completing. IIRC if you skip all enemies except needed ones than you get to clvl 5 by andys fall.

Not bad choices for gift items, too bad they have such high required levels I am hoping to be complete at level 41.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Uzziah,

Is there a time limit (and what happens if more than one kill Baal at NM, who will win)

I will not have a lot of time (fast) because I will be doing a MFO next week, but I would be interested to join.

I still need to think about the sorc, the 2 items and the tournament price.

Randall

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
Um your not completing the quests then, quest 1 will earn you 2 clvl just for completing. IIRC if you skip all enemies except needed ones than you get to clvl 5 by andys fall.
That can't be right. I was already level 3 by the time I cleared the den of evil. lvl 3.5 killing blood raven, lvl 4+ saving Cain. IMO, the miniumum is probably lvl 7-8 although realistically, lvl 9-10 if you want to make things easier.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Hi Uzziah,

Is there a time limit (and what happens if more than one kill Baal at NM, who will win)

I will not have a lot of time (fast) because I will be doing a MFO next week, but I would be interested to join.

I still need to think about the sorc, the 2 items and the tournament price.

Randall
No time limit as of yet. no entrance limit yet. I would say about 3 weeks from now I may put a hold on new entrants but as for time limit to complete there is not going to be one until either a) Someone gets to nightmare Baal or B) the tourney grows tiresome and people drop out like flies.

The Winner will be determine by who kills Nightmare Baal at the lowest clvl after which experience will be the deciding factor. Say for instance that 2 people kill him at clvl 41 and they go and commit suicide with their sorcs until they are at the lowest experience for clvl 41 then we will have to figure out some other way to determine a winner. Probably by most damage per casted spell.

Nothing extraordinary is required to join I am only throwing in a Leaf runeworded staff myself. Also you may want to think hard about which 2 items you will be bringing into the build, it would be of great benefit to have them help your character out especially in the early game.

Let me know your character name when you get a chance and I will add it to the roaster.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, I'll give it a try then.

Danielle, sorceress lvl 8 just got cain back out of Tristram.

2 muled on items:
- Crushed Flange
- Goblin Toe

As for item for the stash I was thinking of a Oculus or a Tal's armor.

Randall

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Danielle, sorceress lvl 8 just got cain back out of Tristram.

2 muled on items:
- Crushed Flange
- Goblin Toe

As for item for the stash I was thinking of a Oculus or a Tal's armor.

Randall
5. You are allowed to give any two (2) items to the sorc so long as they contain either a ctc (chance to cast) or charged skill affix. This one time gift is to be given prior to starting the character.

Goblin toe has % chance of crushing blow which is not a castable skill.
Crushed flange also only has % chance of crushing blow which is not a castable skill. Nice idea using crushing blow however, its not intended as a given item. the items with ctc should read "% chance to cast" whatever; not "% chance of" whatever.

I will let you choose given items again, since I wasn't completely clear with the "cast" aspect of the given item.

whichever item is perfectly exceptable as a price to join.

Update
Randall - Danielle, clvl 8 just got cain back out of Tristram

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Oeps, that makes it more complicated.

I do not have that many items with this requerement, and no nice low level ones. I will pick these 2 then:

- Sureshrill Frost (Frozen orb Charges) socketed with thunder jewel
- Tiamat's Rebuke (has % chance when struck) socketed with PDiamond

Pity I can only start using them at much higher levels as the 2 crushing blow items.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
- Sureshrill Frost (Frozen orb Charges) socketed with thunder jewel
Hi,

This looked like a great idea while looking at ATMA, luckely I spotted that the jewel has lvl 49 req which would be to high for my liking. I used sheal instead.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
A little update: Danielle is now lvl 11 and did the countess (a few times as the first drop did not contain any runes and I wanted at least the Eth for a rhyme)

Randall

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Update
Randall - Danielle, clvl 11 countess complete

Sorry guys I have been gone for a week, you know honeymoon and all. It looks as though this tourney has lost interest I found it on page 5 with only one person updating it. Oh well.

Mastery_Sorc has become way too difficult to survive with at clvl 11 in act 2 those jumping enemies are too hard to avoid and the ctc charged bolt is not enough to keep them at bay with 30%-40% slvl 5 charged bolt. I need to look for ctc frost nova I am not far enough along to start crafting for it yet. Looks like I will be heading back to the countess to get enough for a leaf staff shortly and a bit more experience with her before moving on.

good luck to all those still playing in this tourney.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

Still working on a MFO, but that one finishes next weekend. I should be able to work a bit more on the tournament after next weekend.

Page 5, you actually looked it up ? There is a stickied with tournaments where you can just click towards this thread.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, found little time to play with Danielle, she made one lvl up to 12 though and she is now in the outer cloister. From now on I should have more time for playing though.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Seems I'm going solo here, I'll take one extra for myself :drink:

Danielle completed Act I by killing andariel a few times. (Andy coughed up a bloodfist.) I'm now going mixed melee / caster. She is now lvl 15.

I just checked the rules again and I spotted that all WP's/Quests should be done. Checking Danielle she missed Jail 1. I will make one little trip to the Jails before starting in Act II. Maybe I'll do a few more Andy runs before I go on anyways and boost my lvl 1 or 2 more before Act II.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

Again Danielle advanced a little more. She first had to go back to the jails and catch that WP. That proved to be very easy as this was in just about the only corner I had not seen yet right next to the entrance.

After that she tried another few Andy runs, no real luck here though. What would you expect with around 9%mf ;)

Next thing was Act II. First down to radement, that proved to be an easy target though. He was down in no-time at all (after I used one of these antidotes to prevent dying in a short short time).

Following I went out to get the cube. Luckely there were not to many of these lightning beetles out there. So I made my path to the Dry Hills and the Halls of the Dead to grab the cube.

I made lvl 18 in the progress (yes, I can use enchant now) allthough it's getting complicated with all these different staves for getting certain skills. Finding one staff / orb with 2 or 3 good skills would be nice.
I placed the first few skill points into warmth as well as it's a synergy of enchant.

Danielle - Lvl 18 - Act II Normal

Randall

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Hi,

Again Danielle advanced a little more. She first had to go back to the jails and catch that WP. That proved to be very easy as this was in just about the only corner I had not seen yet right next to the entrance.

After that she tried another few Andy runs, no real luck here though. What would you expect with around 9%mf ;)

Next thing was Act II. First down to radement, that proved to be an easy target though. He was down in no-time at all (after I used one of these antidotes to prevent dying in a short short time).

Following I went out to get the cube. Luckely there were not to many of these lightning beetles out there. So I made my path to the Dry Hills and the Halls of the Dead to grab the cube.

I made lvl 18 in the progress (yes, I can use enchant now) allthough it's getting complicated with all these different staves for getting certain skills. Finding one staff / orb with 2 or 3 good skills would be nice.
I placed the first few skill points into warmth as well as it's a synergy of enchant.

Danielle - Lvl 18 - Act II Normal

Randall
Good progress Randall, I have not had a chance to work on my sorc for a while. I want to finish my elemental tree druid first. He has 4 quests to do yet in order to be complete. Afterwhich I will be playing mastery_sorc. I figure that the hardest parts in the build would be levels 10-18 and 24-30 after that you should be able to get a nice enchant or other fun staffmod that will have good bonus'es due to the masteries. It sounds like you are going about the build in a workable way. Good luck with it. you may want to shop the staff shop in act 2 for a +1 enchant staff with 2 sockets run the countess for TirRal and get yourself a nice leaf staff. having +4 enchant will get you through most of normal with the synergy bonus and mastery.

My D2 time is limited right now so I will be lagging a bit before getting into this tourney hardcore. I hope to hear progress from all entrants. New entrants will be halted when the first entrant reaches act 5 normal. Randall you may be first, good luck to all.

Randall - Danielle, clvl 18 act 2 cube found