Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mastery GCs.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by BierWiser, Oct 18, 2006.

1. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

Mastery GCs.

Just an idea, would lifer Mastery/Life GCs be better or just as good as AR/Life SCs for a Barbarian? Higher attack rating, higher damage, higher critical strike, and higher life.

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Fine small charms of vita are better, since the added base damage/ar/life stats have a greater benefit than the small percentages you gain from mastery charms. The only time that skillers are better at all are Warcry/Life ones on a singer.

-Hal

3. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

You will get AR, damage, life, and MAYBE 1% critical strike from mastery/life gc's, but not as much as damage/AR, damage/AR/life, or AR/life sc's. I use two mastery/life gc's for my Uber Frenzier because I only invested one point to Natural Resist and Iron Skin. I get +5 resist just from those gc's which is nice, and I save my really good sc's for my duelers.

4. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

The thing is the bounses from mastery are not helpful. The only real use of a mastery gc is stacking resistance & frw at the same time {although i'm sure a small +5 res all sc & a small 3% frw sc, which could be the same charm mind you, would be better}.

Also, i never even consider the critical strike from mastery, the % is a bit small, and it gets screwying working it out with deadly strike gear since it doesnt stack.

5. dmngd

dmngd IncGamers Member

I've always tought that max dam/ar/life scs/gcs are for bvcs and masteries skillers for bvbs.

6. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

its the best imo for barb both bvb and bvc.
    Mastery 45 > max/ar/lifer's

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Some mathematical proof?

Mastery skillers might add a little bit more damage. But they lose in added life and AR.

8. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

with angelics ar is better with masteries. Aswell as def being better and damage to when using grief. Only thing better with max/ar/life is that life is slightly better. 135 more base life

bvc dont need much ar anyway.

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Angelics are rarely if ever needed. And you will have more than enough AR anyways.

As for defense, BvCs do not need defense. It's useless versus almost anyone (except stuff like werewolves, wwsins, zealots, chargers and so on, but you can beat those without). Also, the increase in damage is NOT as big as it looks like.

As for the life, it's actually 323 better after Bo. Before bo does not matter.

Say that when dueling a 50k defense Smiter or a high defense Hammerdin.

10. dmngd

dmngd IncGamers Member

Build a barb before you attempt to advise others.

11. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

This is correct. For melee barbarians, the additional base damage (from sc's)has a greater weight than %-based damages added later (from mastery gc's).

Damage calculations are different for different characters and skills, its never safe to assume something is true until you've tested it in-game. The character screen info is often inaccurate. :thumbsup:

12. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

I think defense is going to be useless period because werewolfs have naturally high AR's, 17k is considered a minimum with dual Ravens, and the few zealots left often have 10k it seems like. I have dueled some WWsins with as low as 5k AR though, but I can't imagine a good WWsin to go against a barb with that low of a chance to hit.

13. lendial

lendial IncGamers Member

ar is crucial vs palies(smite/some hammers) and some barbs. its perhaps the most important stat when facing the 2 classes.