Mastery Barb

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
Mastery Barb

Well, I need some advice. I this level 11 Barbarian named 'Baruffio'. He is not your normal barbarian by any standards. I plan on using nothing but stat points and skills from the mastery tree. No warcries or Combat Skills. Particularly Mace Mastery, And 5 in Sword and Axe. Then Iron Skin, Natural resist, and Increased Speed. I do not know if this build will work, and would like some feed back before i waste a whole monthe making him die in Act 1 Hell.
Thanks,
-Jon-
 

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that you will not be able to kill a quill rat in Hell. If you really want to try it, Passion could give you Zeal and Berserk, or you can try the Magibarb build ála Uzziah. It requires special items though.
 

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Both NR and Increased speed is crapy on higher lvl's.
IMO you will need some good weap to survive in hell.No bo no shoaut could be your bigest problem(call to arms is expensive), sounds realy weak build.
1.Swords-you'll need to put dex and strgh leaving your vit pritty low
2.Polearms-good range but also some dex is needed
3.Mauls or axes would be perfect if you want to boost your vita.

Well it's hard to say, you could try Sword/Shield 75% block,or pure strgh and vita with maul.No crowd control will be your death trap in hell imo.
 

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
XDoomasX said:
Both NR and Increased speed is crapy on higher lvl's.
This build has been done, it is called passive barb. since there are more than enough skills points to spend, NR and IS can be maxed (just not first to max).

The key to kill with this build is to max one weapon mastery then max Throw mastery! You need to use throw weapon.

Other skills to max first: Stone skin, then NR & IS.
 

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
DeathMaster said:
This build has been done, it is called passive barb. since there are more than enough skills points to spend, NR and IS can be maxed (just not first to max).

The key to kill with this build is to max one weapon mastery then max Throw mastery! You need to use throw weapon.

Other skills to max first: Stone skin, then NR & IS.
Thats it!! :thumbsup: i totaly forgot about throw mastery :rolleyes: it would take some time but definetly it's realy possible to beat hell with this kind of build.
With brains you can beat game with any build.
 

Warrior of Light

Diabloii.Net Member
Although try to accumulate 100% chance of Crushing Blow and as high attack rate as possible. If you going to use ranged combat you may even use Rattlecage armor.

With high crushing blow and high attack speed you may kill any non-physical immune monster.
Use a weapon with a chance to cast Amplify Damage to break physical immunity.
 

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
Warrior of Light said:
Although try to accumulate 100% chance of Crushing Blow and as high attack rate as possible. If you going to use ranged combat you may even use Rattlecage armor.

With high crushing blow and high attack speed you may kill any non-physical immune monster.
Use a weapon with a chance to cast Amplify Damage to break physical immunity.
isnt CB capped at 50% ?

edit: guess not, my bad
 

Slothman

Diabloii.Net Member
If twinked, a wolfhowl unique barbarian helm(fury visor?) could be another option.. it allows you to transform into a werewolf and use feral rage as an attack skill, you get a life boost from shape shifting and all your passive skill points are still effective when transformed :thumbsup:
 

Warrior of Light

Diabloii.Net Member
There are rumors that crushing blow is capped at 95%, however it is hard to test it, because you have minimum 5% chance to miss. So, if you will collect 100% CB and start to hit monster, 95% of your hits will cause crushing blow.
To test it correctly one must count 10000 hits. If CB is capped at 95%, you will cause around 9025 crushing hits. If CB is not capped, then you will cause around 9500 crushing hits.

The difference between 95% and 100% is small anyway.

May be RTB, Jarulf or Thrugg could answer this question?
 

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
These 4 links should help:
[thread=178741]Passive Barb [/thread]
[thread=176026]Passive Barb Help [/thread]
[thread=196149]Passive Barb Help [/thread]
[thread=206028]Passive Update [/thread]

Sorry to say this but it has been done before: if you're asking for help just let me know I have plenty of tips now that will get you through Hell, some tricks I have learned that allowed me to get through ancients in nightmare, and through act 1 hell.

Just some tips:

Get crushing blow for physical damage

Focus on poison damage, you can get into the 3000 per 5 seconds if you know what your doing.

Use 2 weapons mastery one of which should be thrown. don't worry about +skills focus on increasing damage and protecting yourself.

PS Crushing Blow and Open Wounds are not capped in any manner, and should be used and abuse with this build.
 

TheJarulf

Banned
Warrior of Light said:
There are rumors that crushing blow is capped at 95%, however it is hard to test it, because you have minimum 5% chance to miss. So, if you will collect 100% CB and start to hit monster, 95% of your hits will cause crushing blow.
To test it correctly one must count 10000 hits. If CB is capped at 95%, you will cause around 9025 crushing hits. If CB is not capped, then you will cause around 9500 crushing hits.

The difference between 95% and 100% is small anyway.

May be RTB, Jarulf or Thrugg could answer this question?
A little late reply but still. No, there is no, and have never been, any cap on the chance to score a Crushing Blow. Similary there are no cap for Deadly Strike or Open Wounds either. As pointed out, there is always a 5% chance to miss an attack completely though, you would not get a CB in those cases of course.
 
Top