Masteries ... when there aren't any

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Masteries ... when there aren't any

OK, I know about the obvious masteries. Wield a sword, get a bonus from sword mastery, same with axes, maces ... etc. What I would like a bit more info on is those items that don't show a mastery on screen.

For example; I recently learnt that if a Barb uses a Wand (yes, I know this is probably a temp-bannable offence in this forum), he will get a bonus if he puts points into Mace Mastery.

So ... are they're any such 'hidden' bonuses for daggers, javalins or bows? (I'm guessing not for bows.) I did read a comparison somewhere that showed that if you have axe mastery and throw mastery and throw an axe only one mastery is active. That's fine.

I'd appreciate any information from the Barb experts ... when you've stopped laughing, of course. Many thanks. :)

Burn To Burn

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Masteries ... when there aren't any

got me stumped. But why would that be a temp-ban offence? Just curious

prion

Diabloii.Net Member

javelins are spears when u melee.
there's no mastery for dagger or bow.

(make sure you use hit power craft on your wand)

Nimbostratus

Diabloii.Net Member

-Axe mastery: Just axes and throwing axes (only when used in melee)
-Sword Mastery: Swords only, no daggers (wish daggers worked with this, though.)
-Polearm Mastery: Just polearms.
-Spear Mastery: Affects spears and javelins (only when used in melee)
-Throwing Mastery: Affects anything that can be thrown* (only when actually thrown; no effect in melee)
-Mace Mastery: If it gets "+50% damage vs undead," Mace Mastery works on it.

*Throwing mastery doesn't affect thrown potions, though.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ Burn - that is known in the trade as a 'joke'.

Thank you all for the information. You have saved me from the perils of the ....forum search function. :)

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member

For shame Thyiad, trying to get some added help for the upcoming BowBarb tourney being hosted in the SPF.

and without inviting the Barb forum to play along.

oh by the by, I assume staves works with mace mastery any one have any luck with a hit power crafted staff?

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

For example; I recently learnt that if a Barb uses a Wand (yes, I know this is probably a temp-bannable offence in this forum),
I used a wand my Frost Zealot. Kept it on switch for areas with Oblivion Knights, so that I would deal just Cold damage. It was a pretty cool wand; a unique with lots of mods, including mana leech and about 350 total elemental damage. Shame the ladder is resetting.