Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Massive D3 Blog Coming + New D3 CM on Botting

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

[​IMG]

Encouraging signs of activity from the Diablo 3 community management team this week. First up here's a tweet from Nevalistis talking about a huge state of D3 type article they are polishing up.

1876 words. This thing is massive. --Nevalistis

whatever it is, if it has art in it my Photoshop CS3 is open and ready to make a wallpaper for it and whatever else this week --@Holyknight3000

There will be so many arts. So many. --Nevalistis

Tons of words of new infos and artworks also? Might we see some new Diablo III content (if there's new art?) timed to Blizzcon 2015 after all?

Also, we've got the formal introduction of a new participant in the Diablo III community management team.

Please join me in welcoming Kauza to the North American Diablo III Community team!

[caption id="attachment_386360" align="alignright" width="165"][​IMG] Kazua as Vault Boy.[/caption]Kauza comes with a strong passion for Diablo III and all Blizzard games, and is super stoked to be joining us in our ongoing adventures through Sanctuary. He is taking up the mantle of manager for our humble team, and in addition to operating in a large capacity behind the scenes, will also perform many of the normal community manager functions like meeting with developers, writing feature articles, manning our social media accounts, attending live events, and of course popping in to say hi here on our forums.

Our fearless leader has hit the ground running since joining us a few weeks ago, endeavoring to be a conduit for information as well as a voice for the Blizzard community. It's about time that you all get to know him better, too!

Random Facts About Kauza

• Joins us from Washington, D.C., though originally hails from Albuquerque, New Mexico
    • Has as many favorite classes as Wyatt Cheng, rotating through each of the classes with every Season
    • Is currently rocking a Crusader (SC) in Season 4
    • Dressed up as Vault Boy for Halloween, as pictured here.

Without further ado: Welcome, Kauza!
    [source]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19741203983[/source]

Good to have a new guy on the staff, and soon enough with new stuff to talk about! Click through for more of his intro thread, which includes a discussion of botting and the teams' concern about it.

Kazua: Hi, everyone! I’m thrilled to be here. [Obligatory “fresh meat” reference]

Our resident Death Maiden’s introduction suits me quite well, but please let me know of anything else you’d like to know about me! If you want to talk about my poor S4 Crusader’s failed quest for an ancient Johanna’s Argument, I’m definitely looking for some emotional support there (or some Death’s Breath…a few thousand should do it, thx). Also, did you catch that killer Conduit Pylon reference in Nevalistis’s post? I know you did that on purpose, Nevalistis. I’m onto you.

I also wanted to take a few minutes and talk to you all about botting. First off, I’m genuinely sorry that it has taken so long for you all to see a blue post on this issue. No excuses. I want to assure you that we have been discussing the open letter since it was posted.

To get a couple of things out of the way: yes, botting is absolutely, 100% against the terms of service and an offense that may lead to the closure of your game license. As for how we detect players using this software and actions on those accounts, we simply can’t share information on that front. The more we discuss those two topics, the easier it becomes for bot creators to stay informed of our efforts.

That said, I want to reiterate that the letter and your comments have not fallen on deaf ears. This is an issue that we are actively discussing and addressing. We in Community, along with the Development team, don’t want the spirit of fair play to be tainted by a group of folks refusing to play by the rules.

So, with that in mind, thanks to each and every one of you who has continued to make the journey with us each season and shared your feedback, needs, wants, and concerns. I’ll be at BlizzCon to chat with as many of you as possible.

Kazua: Yes! You can find me at http://www.twitter.com/kauza

(Note that this isn't an official Blizzard CM Twitter account, so standard disclaimers and all about all the views being mine, etc.)

Grimiku: Welcome, fearless leader!

I'll try to remember to unequip my Nemesis Bracers before clicking the Info Conduit, but I did sort of dress up like a wasteland bandit when you were Vault Boy this Halloween. How did we miss our photo opportunity with that!?

I didnt even know there were this many blues in here.
    Nevalistis: It's a bit of a tradition for the blues from other games or disciplines (like Customer Support or Quality Assurance) to drop in and give a friendly hello when our family grows. Sort of a hazing ritual, in the friendliest way.

Treasure Goblin avatar? pretty sure you didn't need an added incentive for players to assault you (on the forums), what loots do you drop?

You are very brave, and welcome to Hell/Sanctuary.

Kazua: I'll just say that, of all the goblins, I chose a Malevolent Tormentor for a reason... :p

Kazua: It's a distinct pleasure joining the likes of Nev and Grim. No doubt.

Also, when I joined up, the team gifted me with a lovely, whimsical Diablo III T-shirt, so I couldn't help but represent it on Twitter.

Lastly, might want to hide that tray of cookies, because I have a problem. [source]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19741203983?page=3#53[/source]

You guys glad to see some fresh meat and the prospect of new content and even artwork, and some words against botting? Or are you taking more of a "believe it when I see it" stance at this point?
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. Cipherthros

Cipherthros IncGamers Member

Woo, new news incoming! ☺

I don't mean to nitpick but is that true about Nevalistis? I know Lylirra is now on Overwatch and Tyvalir is on SC2 but Grim and Nev are very much staying with us was the impression I got...

3. Skaut

Skaut IncGamers Member

BTW: Blizzard is remaking Diablo 2. Maybe that will be part of the Blizzcon presentation - just saying if anybody interested.

tangled likes this.
  4. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Having an HD remake/update for D2 would be really nice. Hell I'd have some D2 Wallpapers I could make for that. Since I've already had an HD set of wallpapers for LoD's opening after all.

5. Turin

Turin IncGamers Member

First time I hear that - source?

6. Skaut

Skaut IncGamers Member

Soon you`ll read that all over the internet. Also they redoing Stacraft and Warcraft 3 (RTS one).

7. randomice

randomice IncGamers Member

I hope you could choose from the d3 client to walk through the d2 story. And add druid and amazon( spear version only) playable with that expansion :)

8. Foutch

Foutch IncGamers Member

Cipherthros, did anyone respond to you, yet? I was also wondering about Brandy...where is she going?

9. Foutch

Foutch IncGamers Member

Cipherthros, did anyone respond to you, yet? I was also wondering about Brandy...where is she going?

10. Foutch

Foutch IncGamers Member

11. rabidshrew

rabidshrew IncGamers Member

Smart move on Blizzard's part. Hire a small team to attempt to update the classics. If they pull it off it's almost guaranteed to sell well, given the huge audience which was raised on these games. If it turns out to be too difficult in the end well no big deal, they haven't invested all that much into it anyway.

12. Turin

Turin IncGamers Member

I have no idea how you get from that job posting to "remaking" ... that reads a lot more like 'make sure the game works in Win 10' - but whatever. :)

13. uckethea

uckethea IncGamers Member

Ya, I'm gonna publicly denounce it and buy it and play the crap out of it too!

14. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

"here will be so many arts. So many. –Nevalistis"

Translates into:

"Why don't you all stay in place instead of fly around, making the text look weird. Please. I'm begging you" - the usual image placement on blog posts experience.

15. softshack

softshack IncGamers Member

I can't seem to send you guys news.

I found this today:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-looking-to-revive-these-classic-games-upd/1100-6431991/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1134701

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=15000XZ

Apparently there's a job listing for a position helping to "restore to glory" games like Starcraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II so they will be easier for players to access on today's systems, hardware, and online services.

This is excellent news, since I still love Diablo II and the original Starcraft games!

16. ImmortalD3

ImmortalD3 IncGamers Member

Might wanna edit your post for others, took me a few mins to see why I was getting a website 404 error in your link. I see it now, apparently.

17. softshack

softshack IncGamers Member

I had it formatted all pretty when I wrote it. As it is, there's no option for me to edit it. Sorry that it looks so messy now.

18. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

What!? Blizzard's gonna do what they should have done 5 years ago!?

19. Flux

Flux Administrator

No, my mistake. I was thinking of Vaeflare, who is no longer on the D3 team. Edited the post to correct.