Masoleum Running Question

Gibberish

Diabloii.Net Member
Masoleum Running Question

Recently I have tried running masoleum, so far no success, highest item I have found is Duriels Shell :p

Anyway, I was wondering which way is better to run Masoleum.
A) Just tele to the golden Chest, so that the runs go faster.
or
B) Clear whole area, takes longer but higher chance of a good drop.


EDIT: Also Quick question as I can't find the Merc faq :p
What are the various Aura's the A2 Mercs get in each difficulty?
Thanks.
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually clear areas like mausoleum and the pit, I'm not too meticulous, but I don't just sprint to the chest.

Then again I have way better luck on chaos/diablo runs....
 

retrovamp

Diabloii.Net Member
EDIT: Also Quick question as I can't find the Merc faq :p
What are the various Aura's the A2 Mercs get in each difficulty?
Thanks.
Last edited by Gibberish : Today at 12:58 AM.
Combat/Normal Difficulty: Prayer
Combat/Nightmare Difficulty: Thorns
Combat/Hell Difficulty: Prayer
Defense/Normal Difficulty: Defiance
Defense/Nightmare Difficulty: Holy Freeze
Defense/Hell Difficulty: Defiance
Offense/Normal Difficulty: Blessed Aim
Offense/Nightmare Difficulty: Might
Offense/Hell Difficulty: Blessed Aim
 

negator

Diabloii.Net Member
tporting to the chest defeats the purpose of this area. i believe the chest only drops TC80 or maybe only TC66. it's the bosses you want to milk here. they are the wonderful TC87. unfortunately the mausoleum is pretty sparse for monsters. i suggest loading your merc with mf gear, because the monsters are still just zombies and they cut in half very easily.
 

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
negator said:
tporting to the chest defeats the purpose of this area. i believe the chest only drops TC80 or maybe only TC66. it's the bosses you want to milk here. they are the wonderful TC87. unfortunately the mausoleum is pretty sparse for monsters. i suggest loading your merc with mf gear, because the monsters are still just zombies and they cut in half very easily.
Yep, you're right, chest drops do not get their treasure class scaled to area level like monster drops do. I'm not sure whether chests in the Mausoleum are Act 1 (H) Chest A, B, or C, but the highest treasure they can drop will be 63 or 66..
 

Ruvanal

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormie said:
Yep, you're right, chest drops do not get their treasure class scaled to area level like monster drops do. I'm not sure whether chests in the Mausoleum are Act 1 (H) Chest A, B, or C, but the highest treasure they can drop will be 63 or 66..
Act 1 (H) Chest C.
 

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
afaik the pit's chest drops the same level items as the area level, which is not 63 or 66, but **
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Pent said:
afaik the pit's chest drops the same level items as the area level, which is not 63 or 66, but **
85, actually, but yes.

The problem is that chest's Treasure Classes don't upgrade (like monsters' TCs do), thus you'll get ilvl 85, TC 66 (or lower) items.
 

Ruvanal

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormie said:
Whereabouts is this stored? I assumed it would be in levels.txt but didn't spot it there..?
It is calculated internally from the information from levels.txt, but not stored anywhere. Do a search in the AB tech forum (MonLvl3Ex should work) for a thread on the chest drops. It is several months old, but the formulas are there and I posted a table that lists which of the A, B and C indexes get used for each area.
 

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
Ruvanal said:
It is calculated internally from the information from levels.txt, but not stored anywhere. Do a search in the AB tech forum (MonLvl3Ex should work) for a thread on the chest drops. It is several months old, but the formulas are there and I posted a table that lists which of the A, B and C indexes get used for each area.
Great, found it, cheers Ruvanal.

Kind of painful, isn't it? :)
 
Top