Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Martyr PKK Build?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by TopheavyHookjaw, Mar 23, 2004.

1. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

Martyr PKK Build?

Not that I seriously think that anyone would do this but what would happen if somebody built a characterusing the maximimum number of Rainbow Facets that exlpode on death and then let a PK hunt them down.

Follow up question...who gets the ear?

Follow up to the follow up...who is considered the better PK? :winner:

2. TopheavyHookjaw

Oh yea, since this is a one shot deal in HC, I would assume that it would only be used to kill the "Best" PK out there. Who then gets the title of BEST PK?
    :winner:

3. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Make a level 1 looter for the gear with all applicable WP's. Then level up another.

4. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

What would be even more fun is to name your character Ploding_RbowFacet, and have jools on a switched weapon. Muhahaha.

5. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

lmao, that really is one of the first new and insanely funny ideas that ive heard here in a long time! i love it!

6. TopheavyHookjaw

Hah...forgot about the weapons. Better yet, dual weilding 6 socket crystal sword barb. That would be 19 facets. Could it be increased anymore?

Maybe make this a forum project? Everyone donates one of their lesser Facets that they can't trade. Then sucker punch some of these lamers. Hah, wouldn't that be the best joke since the game came out. :lol:

7. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Thing is, I doubt the jools stack. So on switch, have one ploder, one lvl 43 frost nova and one poison explosion thing. I forget if there is others and I have only seen these three and own the frost nova one. Would have to be on switch to keep lamer MHers from seeing it til too late. The rest of your gear would have to be crap too to make this even more funny.

8. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I'd rather just gather fire facets and make a fire claws bear.....

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

It was posted on another forum i believe but rainbow facets of the same spell type do NOT stack. Ie. 2 rainbow facets which cast meteor when you die will only cast meteor once in total when you die. Rainbow facets of different types eg. meteor and blizzard will both cast when you die. Stacking rainbow facets is still useful for the +damage %/-enemy res %

10. TopheavyHookjaw

OK...well then. One of each (Fire, Cold, Electricity, Poison) on a character. How much damage would that do?

Also, if your merc is equipped with the same set up, does that mean that when he dies along with your character that the facets will also release their explosion?

Hmmmm...that makes me wonder. If a merc is equipped with these facets, does he explode when someone kills him? Can you use that to have your merc go outside of town while standing in town to kill someone if he/she is attacked. Damn, did I just create a new PK scam.

11. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Not sure all of the jools do their thing when you die. Of the three I noticed, only the meteor one did. When I get home from work I will check my frost nova one and see what it says.

12. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

Damage for facet deaths, please correct me if I am incorrect.
    <Taken from Arreat Summit and v1.10 skill planner>
    Poison Nova: 1637-1671 over 2 seconds
    Blizzard: 1575-1641
    Meteor: 1762-1842 (405-426 per second)
    Chain Lightning: 1-686 (14 hits)
    Total before PvP penalty: 4975-5840
    Total after PvP penalty:497.5-584.0

I did not factor in resists as facets,enemy resists, and absorb will vary.

13. Sip

Sip Banned

from what i hear, Only 1 type of jewel will work at a time. Heres what i suggest:

1 of each jewel in a socketed crystal sword, kept on switch.

Your Best bet would be a Paladin. Max thorns and use it as your aura. Ideal target would be a high damage barb with low resists. The Thorns would skim off some of their life, and when you die...The fireworks would hopefully take him out.

I really doubt this would work.

14. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

this has been tossed around in a couple forums a couple different times, and the general consensus is that there is no way this would work, for a character or a merc.

1st, no stacking.

2nd, meteor would be useless, unless you caught someone napping picking up the ear, and they somehow missed the little red circle around your body.

3rd, CL would be rather pointless unless they had a merc or you were around monsters, but this one at least helps a little

4th, blizzard is too slow and doesn't do enough damage unless they stood in your blizzard for a while

so that leaves the poison, which actually should do some damage, but would need a finishing kill

so the one way this would work would be if the pk kills you, quickly loses a lot of life due to 2 second poison, has a merc so that the CL bounces around enough to do significant damage, and then stands still as your meteor lands on their head to finish them off. methinks it's not happening.

15. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Just got home and checked my rainbow. Lvl 43 when you level up, not when you die. So my jool is out for this build.

16. TopheavyHookjaw

Hmmm...that sounds about right. Too bad pali aura's disappear so damn quick now. Conviction may have done the trick. Maybe getting in a lower restist (from a charged item) before the killing blow?

17. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

i still think there's no way- even with lr, the poison is helped, the cl is helped, but none of this is anywhere near enough damage... the only one that could do it really would be the meteor landing on their head, and taht just wouldn't happen

18. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I kill you're lvl 80, you (might) kill my lvl 12 dueler.

Sounds fair to me

19. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

My friend and I have played enough to acquire many of the best items in the game including a dozen or two of the elite uniques (only a few of the coveted ones like shako though), most of the exceptional uniques (many several times over) and 4 annihilus charms and 2 gheeds charms.

We have yet to find even 1 rainbow facet jewel.

How infrequently do those things drop anyway?

20. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Cant tell ya for sure. Mine was a gift and he was uber rich