Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Martial arts: Socket nat armor with what?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by fudzzz, Mar 31, 2004.

1. fudzzz

fudzzz IncGamers Member

Martial arts: Socket nat armor with what?

Hello, my assassin is martial arts dual claws with dragon claw and pheonix strike. My question is that what should i socket my Natalya's armor with (3 socketed). And also, I will be using Nat claws and one jade talons so what i should socket those with also. Which runes or jewels or whatever would be best to socket these things with. Please reply soon. Thank you very much for your help :)

2. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen IncGamers Member

For Nat's armor, assuming you don't have Fade on all the time: 3 Um if you're rich, or Ral, Ort, and Thul if you're not.

For Nat's claw: Shael if it's going to help you achieve the 7 fps breakpoint, or an enhanced damage jewel, I guess.

For Jade Talon: A +all resists jewel, if they aren't maxed in Hell yet.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if your resists are high enough, you might be better off putting 3 Pul runes in your Nat's armor, since as a DC PS MA assassin you might have trouble tanking long enough to get your charges in Hell. I'm not sure how much defense they would give you, though... I always assumed enhanced defense bonuses stacked before being applied, so a Nat's armor with a defense of 600 socketed with three Puls would have a defense of 600*(100+30+30+30)%=1140. I'm sure the more experienced asssassins here will be able to confirm/deny this.

Another EDIT: I did a little calculation, and unless I messed up somewhere, you're definitely better off putting three Pul runes in the armor.

Say you did all three Anya quests, you start with -70 to all resists. Nat's helm gives you +10, the complete Nat's set gives +50, let's say Jade Talon AND a +all resists jewel gives +60, that's +50 to all resists total, so you could wear one rare ring with +10 to all resists (or that unique belt, Nightsomething), and put only one Um rune in your Nat's helm (by using one of Larzuk's quests), thereby freeing all three of Nat's armor's sockets to put 3 Pul runes.

I WIN!!!!!!1111

(I have no life)

Yet another EDIT: Forget about that Shael in Nat's mark, it would be a complete waste. If your BoS skill level with items is 10 (very easy to achieve), you've already hit the 7fps breakpoint. So put an ED jewel in there! YES!

3. Mordenkainen

Then again, it's possible that the Pul rune's +30% applies only to the armor's base defense, not the the already modified one, in which case I wasted 5 minutes of my life typing all that. I'll just shut up and let someone who knows what they're talking/writing about post, now.

4. fudzzz

fudzzz IncGamers Member

hahaahhahaahah man ur one funny guy...thanks for taking the time out and giving me this advice and doing all those calculations...very helpful...i have half a mind now to put all pul runes...i'll do a bit more research and i'll let u know how it turns out...remember, i can always unsocket and do it again so not much waste...puls are no problem to get...

thanks again for help...hahahaha u joker...lol

cya :)

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Pul is 30% of base defence only, not worth it. I suggest 3x Sol runes. That's 21 damage reduced---very useful in PvM. For monsters like slingers and buring archers, flat DR is better than %DR(as in shaft). Try it (in combination with a Dwarf Star) and you won't regret it.

6. Mordenkainen

Ah well.

Three Sol is an interesting suggestion, but does it do much good in Hell? I remember having an armor with two Sol runes in it in the 1.09 days, and I didn't notice much of a difference in Nightmare. I'm not critisizing, I'm wondering whether anyone's ever tried this. I've never met an assassin who didn't put either Ral Ort and Thul or 3 Um runes in their Nat's.

7. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

If you need resists, consider Ral Ort Thul.

8. fudzzz

fudzzz IncGamers Member

i don't really need resistences since i'll have the entire set + resistence charms + jade talon...resistences won't be a problem...the problem is the physical damage i take...is it possible to 'upgrade' a set armor in the cube or no? if not, then i need to socket my armor with things that will give me more defense and my claws with something that gives enhanced dmg....thx for ur replies :)

9. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

nats armor socket choices:

3xBer = 24% DR
    3x enhanced dmg jewels
    3xSol = 21 dr
    3xRainbow facets(most likely for whatever elements you use the most for added elemental dmg and % +/-)

personally after thinking for awhile I think rainbow facets would give you the damage boost you are looking for.

10. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Pent, do you know that facets does not work with traps? For the MA elemental skills, I am not sure.

Mordenkainen, yes I tried it. My zon is doing fine with iron pelt in hell. Since you have 30%DR with nat's set, you will easily achieve 50% limit with fade. Then the flat DR really kicks. If you still have doubts, just try it. The cost is at most 1 hel + 3 sol.

11. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

the only reason they do not work with traps is because they are considered minions, and I've also heard that only the -resists doesn't work, the +skill dmg does work.

anyway he is a pheonix strike assassin, and they *DO* work with that

12. fudzzz

fudzzz IncGamers Member

yep i guess i'm gonna use facets definately...thanks for ur help fellas...finally got what i was looking for :)

13. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

mmm and what facets u think would be better for PS ... fire facets or lightning facets? or mixed ...

14. fudzzz

fudzzz IncGamers Member

lightening facets definately...i'm maxing claws of thunder and the cold chargup skill more than the fists of fire now, since i'm level 80...but i might put a fire jewel in one too if i get my hands on one