Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marter/converter

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ZacF, Mar 26, 2004.

1. ZacF

ZacF IncGamers Member

Marter/converter

Sacrifice 20
    Fant 20
    Holy sh 20
    Thorns 20
    Convt 5
    Pre req 11
    Remaining into redemption

Strength enough for equitment
    Dex min for max block (with level 20 HS)
    Vit remaining
    Energy none.

My plan is to use conversion and thons in crowds and Sacrifice for hard opponents. I figure with level 20 sac, and fant that’s + 940% damage. So I’ll need great life leach but with 20 HS I can save a lot in dexterity which goes to vitality. I’ll also have vengeance for physical immunes.

Equipment

Rough outline

For conversion, low damage Ignore target defense fast weapon
    For sacrifice I don’t know what weapon
    Shield High elemental resist

Well that’s all I’ve got so far, a few questions, what sacrifice weapon, and will I have enough AR with sacrifice and Fant. Also some gear ideas. Any input is great, I’m still trying to figure this guy out, He could be fun.

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

I'm assuming you'll be using Thorns as you main aura. Then, for a Sacrifice synergy, you should max Redemption (15% ED/slvl) instead of Fanat (5% ED/slvl).

You should convert a few monsters at the beginning of the fight and then switch to Sacrifice to help your converts finish the battle. I would recommend a fast elite weapon (250+% ED + AR) for the sacrifice.

If you actually choose to max and use Fanat in conjuction with Sacrifice, then you'll have no AR worries. However, if you use Sac with Thorns most of the time, you'll need to use the usual tricks to boost your AR: Angelic Amulet and ring(s), Raven Frost, Steel GCs, the Sorceress Enchant skill:
    1. "Todesfaelle Flamme", unique Zweihander, slvl 10 Enchant (45 Charges)
    2. "Demon Limb", unique Tyrant Club, slvl 23 Enchant (20 Charges)
    3. "Lava Gout", unique Battle Gauntlets, 2% Cast slvl 10 Enchant

Enchant slvl 10: 360 seconds, AR +% 101
    Enchant slvl 23: 672 seconds, AR +% 218

To further boost yours and your converts' physical damage use an ACT-2 Might merc.

The "Amplify Damage" (AD) curse will be a great asset in two ways. First, it doubles the returned damage from Thorns. Second, it pierces Physical Immunity of monsters in the game. Atmas Scarab (unique amulet) is one option. Another alternative is equiping a weapon with the "of Amplify Damage" suffix on yourself or your merc.

Good luck.

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Djinn Slayer Ataghan, Lightsabre Phase Bade and AzureWrath Phase Blade owuld all do well in both conv and sac

4. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

I've got a pure converter and i really regret placing points into Thorns, which i maxed. Overall, a Damage aura would be much better, and since you can't have Fana or Thorns active at the same time. Without a Damage aura active in hell you'll find it extreemely hard and prolonged gameplay. It's fun b/c it's different.. but at the same time it can annoy you out the wazoo.

5. ZacF

ZacF IncGamers Member

I was planing on using Thors when there were many monsters around, then switch to Fant(with sanctuary) when I need to dish out dammage. But, will thorns net me kills with my minions? If I dont go thorns is Fant a good aura with minions. I guess I could pump redemption higher, but I didn't wan't my sacrafice dammage to be insain. With 20 in sac, fant, and Redemption, and the Fant aura active, Id have +1235% dammage, thats a lot of dammage. What do you think, I think if thorns worked with minions, then switching between the two would make me quite versital.