Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marrowwalks Level 33 Bone Prison Charges as SYNERGY is BUG rather than feature?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by wc3promet, Feb 2, 2004.

1. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

Reasons why it is a BUG

1) Blizzard never mentioned that it is a BUG or FEATURE, however, anything that is not confirmed by them will usually be fixed in the next patch.

2) No promises by Blizzard means no disappointments, implying no complaints from players.

3) Blizzard needs to make the game equally hard for all the CHar Classes, not all the other races get useful U'ber Charges on any of the Items. Maybe at most Enchantress Sorcs.

Demon Limb
    One-Hand Damage: (89-105) To (162-189) (125.5-148 Avg)
    Required Level: 63
    Required Strength: 133
    Durability: 65
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +180-230% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +50% Damage To Undead
    +123% Damage To Demons
    Adds 222-333 Fire Damage
    7-13% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
    Fire Resist +15-20% (varies)
    Level 23 Enchant (20 Charges)
    Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Most of the Charges are less than level 20 and are not on useful item slot positions.

4) Blizzard is known for making legit players' lives difficult. No point helping players save 20 skill points to put into another skill and make the game easier?

5) If it is FEATURE, Blizzard would have proudly announced it in their FORUMs or in PATCH.txt

Conclusion
    Enjoy the BUG while it last. Once this ladder season is over, the next patch will come.
    However, with most of the Diablo 2 Development Team quitting Blizzard, the next patch might be the last, whenever the patch will come. Maybe 5 years like Diablo 1.
    With all the emphasis placed on World of Warcraft, Diablo 2 is slowly becoming as obsolete as Diablo 1.
    Once World of Warcraft comes out, Diablo 2 will be sent into the ranks of "retired Blizzard products" with a limited tech support cycle which guarantees 1 reply per 5 years.

2. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

So pessimistic and sad yet makes sence : /

3. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

Of course it's a bug. I figured people who said it was a "feature" were joking.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

They are just trying to ease their guilty conscience.

5. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

This guy is stating something we don't already know??????

Any way.. I figure... take advantage of any "bug/feature" while you can... Enjoy it. and IF a new patch ever comes out... (doubtful, but you never know... How long did it take for 1.10???) We'll deal and look for new exploits...

Such is the nature of the beast....

6. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Despite 1.10 being the final patch. Don't they still do tweaks.

ie in 1.09 they had

a, b, c,....d or e variant.

So on the same lines it is possible they will still tweak things like their continually doing just now as posted on Arreat Summit. Who knows possibly this feature might be changed.

7. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Well said Peacrusher, I agree 100%. I just wish those who don't want to use this feature / bug would just lay off those of us who want to (yes I have a pair of those boots ;) ). It is not as though we would be hacking or cheating, just using the game as it actually is, so why the big concern? If they don't want to use it themselves, fine but let us do as we please without the ear-bashing.

8. Super5

Super5 IncGamers Member

You're forgetting the level 21 poison creeper on carrion wind, and yes, it does count as a synergy for rabies wolves.

I personally think it's a feature. There are lots of unique items with charges, and as far as I know (until someone tests and finds out otherwise), all of these items' charges will count as synergies. As for your arguments, when does Blizz EVER talk about all the aspects they've changed in their latest patch? Where was the big announcement that fade now gives a hidden physical resistance? Where was the big press release about the hidden bonus of the resist lit, fire, and cold auras for the paladin? No, these are things that Blizz wants the players to find out on their own, otherwise where's the adventure and the excitement of finding new things about the game?

Regarding your other arguments... Blizz doesn't try to make legit player's lives "difficult"; rather, they just want more players to cooperate, and through cooperation, enjoy the game more. It's more fun to kick butt with your friends than do it by yourself and then brag about it later (besides, if you were really awesome, will they even believe you?). I don't know what you mean about "useful" slot positions for the charged stuff, there are charges on all kinds of different weapons, shields, rings, boots, and probably a lot of others that I'm forgetting right now. Most of the charged items are below level 20, but also most are above lvl 10, which saves you at least 10 skill points if you're going for max synergies. Some of the listed synergies are impossible to max in one build anyway, so items are probably Blizz's way of making up for this.

In conclusion, I've not seen any evidence that this is a "bug" rather than a "feature" of the game that Bliz just doesn't talk about. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

9. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

I personally don't care if it gets used, although I consider it sloppy code. What I don't want is bitching when/if it gets fixed.

10. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I think it's time for this thread to pass on to page 2 where I will never be read or posted to again... (I hope)

This is not a forum for griping and complaining Though we tend to do it a fair amount.... Traditionally we don't attack ourselves for using the things in the game... So be kind to each other and if you want to gripe about the way ppl use to play... go visit the zons.... lol