Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marrowwalk Bug/Feature

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by wickedWinter, Feb 26, 2004.

1. wickedWinter

wickedWinter IncGamers Member

Marrowwalk Bug/Feature

So many folks are curious about the Marrowwalk bug. Or the Marrowwalk feature. Many just want to argue if it is in fact a bug or a feature. This thread is created in hopes of specifically addressing this item and it's use to receive synergy bonuses.

First, let's discuss the unique item:
    Marrowwalk
    Boneweave Boots
    59-67 Defense (162-204)
    16 Durability
    118 Str Required
    Item Level: 74
    Clvl req: 66
    +(170-200)% Enhanced Defense
    20% Faster Run/Walk
    Level 33 Bone Prison (13 Charges)
    Level 12 Life Tap (10 Charges)
    Heal Stamina Plus 10%
    +10% Mana Regen
    Half Freeze Duration
    +(10-20) to Strength
    +17 to Dexterity
    +(1-2) to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)

A decent pair of boots in their own right, the big reason people use this item is because of the charges of Bone Prison. Bone Prison acts as a synergy for:
    -Teeth (+15% Magic Damage Per Level)
    -Bone Armor (+15 Damage Absorbed Per Level)
    -Bone Wall (+10% Life Per Level)
    -Bone Spear (+7% Magic Damage Per Level)
    -Bone Spirit (+6% Magic Damage Per Level)

More information on Synergies (Rewen/Beatboxer)

Typically, synergies only allow a character to have the 1-20 skill points invested in the skill give the bonus.

Items with charges, however, can grant the character with synergies at the level of the charges if:
    -the character doesn't have any skill points invested in the skill
    -the characterer doesn't have any items with +skills to the skill

In the case of Marrowwalk, the Bone Prison charges are at skill level 33, so for a character with no points in Bone Prison will receive synergy bonuses at skill level 33.

This allows the player to not only save the 20 points in Bone Prison, but it also allows an extra 13 levels of synergy.

The debate exists: is it a bug or a feature? Did Blizzard intentionally allow synergies to be bestowed by charges, or was it an act of poor programming?

I am sure anyone reading can develop their own opinions on this matter. At this point, there has been no official word on Blizzard's part, so it is up to the player to determine if/how he/she/it wants to utilize this information.

There is no need to flame anyone based on civilized discourse on the matter, though some may have strong feelings about this issue.

This information is often found in guides and in a bunch of threads in the forum, but hopefully an independent sticky (hint hint) will allow people to directly access this information.

If I've left anything out, or mistated anything, input is welcome.

2. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

Yes, another topic about something that's been talked about for the 20,000th time.

:sleep:

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

you are such a jerk ww

just respond to one of the 50 threads, why does everyone get a hard on about making the same thing over and over?

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

At least it's more complete then 'omg marrowelk bugzor!1, noob of course it r bugg1!!!'
    I don't think it is.

5. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

He's trying to write something sticky-worthy. And I think this is.

Although it may be the 20,000th time it's been said I think it should, at last, be stickied so we can all STFU about it.

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

A couple quick things, maybe before you submit for "stickying"

1. Add in that on normal synergies, +skills don't work. so a normal slvl26 synergy only counts as whatever the base slvl is, not the base +skill bonus's

2. Much better post thenTHIS CRAPTASTIC POST

Other then that, GG...looks good....don't be discouraged. It's a tired subject, but about time someone finally did something GOOD about it.

peace, and here's for your trouble :buddies:

7. wickedWinter

wickedWinter IncGamers Member

I will ignore your blatant trolling and repeat:

I know a million of these posts come and go every day, and I think that's fine. But at the same time, maybe having a single, stickied thread for everyone's bug/feature arguing/discussing needs might be better.

You know, like in the Hardcore forum I think it is, there's a pk discussion thread (or used to be).

It's fine to discuss if this is a feature or bug, but I think the same people (myself included) make the same argument everytime to preserve the nature of the forum's sentiments on the issue everytime it comes up, so probably it should just be stickied?

Maybe not. I'm no moderator that's for sure.

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I'm going to camp blizz tech support and ask.

9. Muad'Dib

Muad'Dib IncGamers Member

Debate :) Not my favorite subject.

But I will contribute my Personal Opinion. Personally I think its a feature, because as I recall this bug was fixed for a duration of 12 hours and then it was working again after that fix. I am not sure why the marrowwalk bug/feature didn't work during those 12 hours, but there must be a reason why it work again. (I think this fix occur 5-6 weeks ago, I am not exact on the date, but hopefully some1 else can come up and say something).

10. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

question

hello, I have a bonemancer who is level ** right now. I'm not using this marrowwalk 'bug'.. however i managed to get 46 teeth, 46 bone spear, 46 bone spirit, 46 bone wall and 32 bone prison. So my question is this.. Does + skill items add up on marrowwalk bug? I want to know this right now because next level I will have 33 bone prison which is equally same to marrowwalk. But if + skill items can be added up on marrowwalk then I might as well rebuild my necro for more damage.. thanks for helping me out

11. metalslug

metalslug IncGamers Member

not really. you only get the synergy bonus for hard points you have in teh skill(1-20) the thing about marrowalks it counts at 33! so instead of having 20x15* you have 33x15*(i just used 15 as an example, i dont know the synergy bonus bonespirit gets off boneprison off the top of my head.)

+skills only benefit the skill you are using or skills that add dmg from the skill discription itself(not synergy)