Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marrowwalk and Life Tap

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Neurofuzzy, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy IncGamers Member

Marrowwalk and Life Tap

What exactly does Life Tap do? Would it make Marrowwalk better for a PvP barb than Gore Riders?

2. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Depends on how and where you duel. If you like BM dueling and being cheap, then go ahead and use them. In legit dueling, I suggest that you don't use them because most likely, ppl wil kick you out of the dueling league (or clan, w/e).

Anyways, go here to check out the stats of the curse:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/faq/expansion.shtml

3. Neurofuzzy

Since I am a sort of occasional player, I never took part in any clan (maybe I should look for one). Altough I would really like to take part on legit dueling, most of the time I duel in public games, where barbs use to have few chances against most other chars (firesorcs, hammerdings, bone necros, etc.). Altough I winn sometimes, some chars kill my best barbs in seconds. My intention is to have some fun by winning sometimes without using hacked/bugged items (which I really dispraise) and without having to give up the barbs (which I love). The use of Life Tap from the marrowwalks or enchant from Demon Limb is something blizzard planned and included in the game code. In that sense, I dont consider it as cheating. Of course, if I took part in a dueling clan with rules I would follow them (assuming everyone else would too). In few words: I am looking after any mean of making a barb viable in PvP, limited by what the game offers ("as Blizzard did it").

By the way, could not find the info about life tap in the page you mentioned. Is it a sort of LL?

4. Neurofuzzy

Ok, I found it now! Thanks! But it is not exactly what I expected. You have to cast it like a curse on your opponent... Not a barb thing...

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

They're charges, so you have to switch your skill tab thingy to be tat certain curse.

It's not like a "chance to cast" thing.

Some people consider these to be cheap (not really cheating. Just cheap and bad mannered):

-Using skills that aren't natural for your character (for example, a Paladin with Call to Arms runeword and uses the Battle Orders)

-Using charges

-Using items that have the "chance to cast mod"

6. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Well, the main problem here is repair cost. If you hadn't noticed it cost around 600k goold to repair around 11 charges are so. So I really hope your a DAMN good dueler if you expect to get steal enough gold from pubbers to keep repairing that thing. THAT ALONE should be enough to discourage you from using them.