Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marrowalk synergy question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by batuchka, Apr 7, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Marrowalk synergy question

Hi all! I had recently found a nice rare necro head with +2necro and +3 bone spirit ...but ithas a +2 bone prison as well. i had not put any pts into boneprison so would this head not allow me to gain the synergy bonus to bone prison? Thaks in advance to anyone who could enlighten me :D

2. woundead

woundead IncGamers Member

I am pretty sure you wont benifit from marraw synergy when equiping that head.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The +2 bone prison will ruin the bug, (thats the whole defining point upon which people argue that its a bug not a feature).

For some reason the game see +2 bone prison as having 2 in the skill itself.
    I have come up with a bit of an explanation but I am not a programmer so I can't tear apart the programming to get the real answer.

The synergy system checks for number of skill points placed in a skill; it first checks for hard skill points, if it find 0 it checks for staffmodded points, the staffmod is a +skill and therefore registers a 0 as for number of synergy skill. If no staffmod is present the game see the charges as the hard skill points. (in fact the largest slvl charges take presidence so you can use that really nice rare wand with bone prison charge of slvl 1).

4. batuchka

Hmm very interesting and thank you guys! Guess i'd muleit over and test it out with my bone necr and see if the synergy goes poof :p Hope it doesn't and my Vitamancer boner would have some nice sprit dmg hehe.

5. batuchka

Crap - the synergy bonuses from marrows goes poof once i equip it :( However i shall still keep it in case the marrow bug is nerfed hehe

6. nightheart

nightheart IncGamers Member

Think that may not change for a while as it`s WOW all the way for Blizzard.

NH