Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Marrow Bug Question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Anika, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Anika

Anika IncGamers Member

Marrow Bug Question

My necro is currently using marrow walk boots and getting the synergy from the lvl 33 bone prison that comes with it. I was just wondering if i put 1 pt into bone prison .. will i still get the synergy from marrow walk ??

2. Furry_friend

Furry_friend IncGamers Member

No, you won't

3. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

My opinion is that its not a bug

It is more like a bonus to us Necromancers. But you will not get the synergy bonus if you place any points into bone prison.

I understand if you would like to put points into bp so that you could use it without using charges, but doing this would disable the synergy bonus.

4. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Ok..being new to Necs, and being very curious about using marrowwalks...could someone please explain how this Bone Prison feature works?

It gives +33 to Bone Prison, which is a synergy to the rest of your Bone Skills and it's listed as having charges. Now...does this mean that you automatically get a +33 Bone prison, +synergies bonus to your other one skills, or do you have to expend a charge each time, to get the skill+synergy bonus? Also...how long does each charge last...?

Thanks ahead of time

-X

5. wickedWinter

wickedWinter IncGamers Member

If you are wearing the boots, and they have at least one charge of Bone Prison, and you haven't put any skill points into Bone Prison, then you get synergies from Bone Prison to the order of skill level 33.

If you run out of charges for some reason, you will have no synergy from Bone Prison.

If you put any points into Bone Prison on your own, then you lose all the bonus that the boots give you.

Is it a bonus? A feature? A bug? Who knows, really. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'd imagine most dueling leagues would decide against allowing members to utilize the synergy, but for PvM or public dueling I don't really see a reason to avoid using them.

6. octa24

octa24 IncGamers Member

once you put marrowwalk on your character, check the bone spear or spirit damage before and after u put the boots. if u open skill tree tab, it will not show any points in the bone prison, but if u point your cursor on other skills( b. spirit/spear/shield), they will show the different.

i never use all the charges in marrowwalk (13 charges) since it's expensive to repair (another alternative is to carry ral rune+flawed gem).

another thing that i found out when trying different gears, once u put marrowwalk to save points in bp, don't use other item that +bp, cos it will disable the bonus from marrowwalk.

7. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Thanks for the tips/advice guys...definitely helps alot to know this stuff before I go trading stuff for marrows. Now watch...the day I trade for them is the day they drop in the pit...lol.

-X