Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mark hoppus needs to die

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Canadia142, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

mark hoppus needs to die

I walked into our living room and my brotherand his friend were talking. I overheard his friend talking about mark hoppus(his name doesn't deserve to be capitalized). I didn't think these words would ever be spoken but I heard them.... his friend said that mark hoppus was the best bassist ever and he wanted to be just like him.

When I heard this I asked why the heck he would want to be like the worst bassist in the history of bass. He told me mark was good and doesn't get enough credit. I them remarked that if using a pick and slamming in down on e while only using 1 finger for your fretting hand because I guess its just to hard to you all 4 finger is good then, yes mark hoppus is good. My brother then told me to go away and I did because I was afraid I would say something I shouldn't.

So my question is. How in the blue hell could anyone find mark hoppus good?!!!!?! He's the bassist for blink-182 and like I said before he has no talent what-so-ever. it seems he can't using any fretting fingers except his pointer and uses a pick but doesn't even strumm.

ARG!!!!

2. Satans_Advocate

Satans_Advocate IncGamers Member

he isn't - he sucks. uses 1 string with a pick or pointer fingers. plus, i hate punk-pop or whatever they call it now.

3. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

exactly what I said!!!!!!!! I hate him so much!!!!

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

Ditto, since i dont listen to blink 182

5. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Eh, their songs are entertaining. I am not a music snob like some, and I can enjoy things that are not technically demanding. Of course, I dont purport that he is the best bassist ever either.

6. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Its ok that you like blink 182 but mark hoppus is an abomination to bassists everywhere.

7. London

London IncGamers Member

I enjoy Blinks music, but I wouldn't go so far to say that Mark Hoppus (capitilized) is the worst bassist alive, I am the worst bassist, since I don't even play bass.

8. fiend!

fiend! Banned

I hate Blink182's music but they all went to a highschool that is right next to the one I go to...so hey they're like a pride thing for people that like them.

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

Lmao, well duh. Its like how britney spear's hometown is degraced.

10. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

no acually you'd be better than him. See he's in the negative talent your at zero so you beat him.

11. th5418

th5418 Banned

PIKACHU!!!!

12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

neither do I, but atleast I'm better than you

13. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

No matter how much you personally don't like Blink 182, they have millions of dollars and you don't. Clearly they are doing something right. Perhaps hoppus is the illest bassist ever and he plays the way he does to fit the style. Ok... that is unlikely, but in light of how many records they've sold, you must acknowledge that they are very good at pandering to their audience.

Also I have notice more mature (still simple) song writing from them at times, even if they always sing about high school and girls. And comments like "he has negative talent" are so rediculous I don't even know where to begin....

Yeah, he isn't the most technically skilled musician ever, but does it matter? If you care so very much, you should expose your brother to music that you like and bassist you think are good. That'l learn 'im.

14. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

"No matter how much you personally don't like Blink 182, they have millions of dollars and you don't. Clearly they are doing something right. Perhaps hoppus is the illest bassist ever and he plays the way he does to fit the style. Ok... that is unlikely, but in light of how many records they've sold, you must acknowledge that they are very good at pandering to their audience."

money does not equal talent. I would like to give the example of windows. the OS crashes like valujet yet they are still in business. also, the band as a whole doesn't have to suck for the bassist to suck.

"Also I have notice more mature (still simple) song writing from them at times, even if they always sing about high school and girls. And comments like "he has negative talent" are so rediculous I don't even know where to begin...."

stay on topic, we are talking about a specific instrument here. we can discuss how the vast majority of music coming out now blows later.

"Yeah, he isn't the most technically skilled musician ever, but does it matter? If you care so very much, you should expose your brother to music that you like and bassist you think are good. That'l learn 'im."

There are musicians so bad shooting them should be considered an act of mercy. think if the "like a virgin" kid actually got signed.

please, don't support bad music.

"if the "like a virgin kid gets signed, does dantose cry?"
    "Yes, he does"

15. Riegn

Riegn IncGamers Member

As a bass player for many many years I have to agree with you hoppus is a horrid bass player. Does he need to die no, but that does not change the fact he is one of the worse bassists (and i use that term losely) I have ever heard.

16. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I never said talent, I said money, and I meant money, as it represents success.

An instrument is NOTHING without a song to play, so songwriting is completely on topic.

I can support whatever I want. It is completely your opinion that Blick 182 is bad music. Music is art, I can like whatever art please my aesthetics, and that is a matter of opinion. That said, please don't start with me, I will out indie-rock-snob you any day of the week. (Except thurs-sat...I'll be too drunk then to put together a cohesive argument.)

17. fiend!

fiend! Banned

You don't really believe that, though, do you?

18. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Thinking about it any other way is deluding yourself. people generally don't care that much about how "talented" the musicians are, they care aobut how much they like the songs they play.

I have mo musical talent, I don't ever pay much attention to who's in the band or how they play...all i care about is the end result. If you can crank out a few songs that sound good, then I'll like you...if you can't...well that's rough. i really don't careif you use the right number of fingers, or if you only play the same three chords. it's all the same to me...music is supposed to be pleasing to my ear, and no one buys music that is not. so money=success=good music(maybe not superior music).

If you think what really matters is his form and variety then you are too involved in the technical, and not looking at the overall package.

19. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

So you want Mark to die because you don't like him.

20. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

An instrument is NOTHING without a song to play, so songwriting is completely on topic.

An instrument is everything even without a song to play. Songs come from the instruments, and are only brought to life by the person playing that instrument. Or have you never listened to anyone jam?