Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Maria Mondaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Maria Mondaily

RL: Took Maria the vet this morning. She's sat next to me at the moment. Last night I was about to call it quits. She ate on Saturday (she had a choice of Felix, some other food that's 70% meat, fish and a yoghurt) and seemed to like the fish. Sunday morning one of them had been sick. She didn't move much. Didn't even purr much. As I said, I was about ready to call it quits.

This morning, she was the same and wouldn't touch any food. (Same choice as above.) I put her in the cat carrier to goto the vet and get meowing all the way there. In the waiting room she's more alert than I've seen her in weeks.

So I guess it's wait and see. Vet gave her another shot of steroid and see her on Wednesday. Sat next to me, she's quiet, not purring and totally disinterested in my yoghurt and the toys.

Sigh. This is ... you'll know if you have pets.

D2: Finished my overwhelming score in the WSK part of the MFO. Going for Memph now. I did a couple of test runs, got good drops but drew the line at 14 teleports. Got a better map but the drops were rubbish. Re-roll time.

2. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

Re: Maria Mondaily

I hope the pain gets better for you and Maria, Thyiad, whatever the outcome. . .

RL: Work. Started my new position last week, went fairly well I think. Time will tell.

D2: Maybe. Played way more than I intended this weekend, which isn't a bad thing. My 'zon is comming along nicely, but I suspect that she'll mat before she reaches a level where she can equip her last piece of gear (Andy's helm).

3. Morathi

Morathi IncGamers Member

Hope Maria gets well soon :flowers:.

RL- School....Nuff said.

D2- Havn't touched it in weeks. Due to the above.

Arggghhhh!!!! :evil:

4. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

RL: Pretty quiet. Was supposed to have a course on embedded computer systems, but the lecturer apparently called in sick. Annoying, but at least I got a day off.

D2: One project moving along nicely when I'm not running for the pentathlon. It's almost staggering how much your killing power increases when you equip Fortitude, Delirium, Highlords Wrath and Laying of Hands at the same time when you first reach level 65.

5. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear Maria's not any better yet Thy (yes, I've been lurking in dailies recently), try to stay optimistic though, not really much else you can do:undecided:

RL: I'm still wired up on caffeine after spending the last 16 hours or so writing up a serious chunk of my dissertation, after getting a slightly blunt email off my supervisor yesterday morning. Still got 2 sections left, but it should be doable now that I've done the hard part. Off to see my him in a bit to show him that just because I need to feel the deadline starting to crush my spirit before I do any work it doesn't mean I'm completely useless. Then I expect I'll need an afternoon drink to relax slightly, before a nice sleep and yet more work.

D2: Lol

(Sorry, I really did laugh at the thought of having free time in the next 2 days.)

6. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

RL: Enjoying my holidays :afro:

D2: I think today I will (haven't played this weekend)

@Thy: I hope Maria will be better soon :undecided:

HHB

7. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear Maria isn't any better...all the best for both of you!

RL: Went to uni, realised (again...) that emergency medicine isn't quite my thing and went home to dig some more into dissociative disorders which I find by far more interesting. Well, to each his own, I guess :)

D2: Some chest running and some 1.07 racking (that Archon Plate/Shako rack is just too cool to miss out).

8. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

I'm considering upgrading to a silver membership ($13 for 3 months). My question is whether you guys (or ladies) think it's worth it. I'm mainly considering it because quite frankly, I can't stand the forum advertisements. Would the bar on the left go away? I'm sure the other stuff will be cool to have as well.

9. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

RL: More assignments. This is getting me down.

D2: sometime Thursday or so. :yawn::hang:

10. Lady bug

Lady bug IncGamers Member

RL: Work and beeing suporting poor Kanonfutter, who has to work all evening, by baking cakes and playing D2 :evil:

D2: Yep

11. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Quite true. Still, as much as it sucks, it's worth it for the time you do get with them.

Has your vet said anything about force-feeding? Several years ago, my parents got a new cat (I was staying with them at the time, and going to school), and shortly after, she just stopped eating. Apparently, it was the stress of being introduced to the other cats in the house, and after not eating for a couple of days, she got really sick. Long story short, she ended up having a feeding tube inserted (not down her throat, but basically straight into her stomach or lower esophagus), and I was the one charged with feeding her most of her meals. It wasn't pretty, but she fully recovered. Also, since then, she has been very affectionate towards me; when I go to my parents' place, she always wants to come and see me. It's weird; almost like she knows I helped her.

My concern with Maria is that, whatever her problem is, she needs food to keep up her strength. If the prognosis regarding her tumor isn't too dire, this might be something to consider.

Regarding her perking up at the vet, it was probably the change of scenery, and the smell of lots of other animals (along with all the other smells of a vet). Maybe taking her out to the park, etc, could have a positive impact. Even if it doesn't benefit her health, she might be happier, which is a worthwhile objective in itself.

Note to self: must take Shana to the park more often.

RL: Nothing much.

D2: Haven't yet today, but I got my spearzon through Act IV last night, and did the first couple of Act V quests, so will try to finish her up today. I was surprised how little problem the OKs in the CS posed. I forget who originally said it, but Decoy really is the smartest minion in the game.

Interesting note: there was an OK in the sanctuary that was all but unkillable. He was hiding behind one of those fire-brazier pillars in a corner, and I tried poking him (couldn't reach), casting a Valk atop him (didn't work), and catching him with damage from Lightning Strike as I killed other minions (didn't work either). I was just about to go to town an buy a bow to pick away at him with when I noticed a stack of javelins on the ground, so I decided to rock his world with slvl 5 Lightning Fury (courtesy of T-God's). A minute and a stack of javelins later, and I'd finally killed him.

Normally, I would have just left him alone, but he was over near De Seis's seal, and since I needed to pop a Decoy by De Seis to keep him from casting IM on me, I knew I had to kill this other OK (lest he cast IM on me instead).

Diablo, like Meph, died in a matter of seconds. I suppose that's what Jab + CB (Hone Sundan) + Life Tap (Marrowwalk) + Charged Strike add up to. Seriously. It was that easy.