Mardi

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
Mardi

Aujourd'hui c'est mardi gras, chez nous on se déguise et on fait des crèpes.

wildjinn

Diabloii.Net Member
Aujourd'hui c'est mardi gras, et j'aurai dans mes classes toute la journée. Bordel d'université. Mais, joyeux mardi gras à tout le monde quand même. :buddies:

Today is mardi gras, and I'll be in my classes all day. damn college. But, happy mardi gras to everyone anyway. :buddies:

@ nemar: possiblement je vais emprunter quelquechose de ma voisine pour faire les crèpes le soir....c'est une bonne idée. :)

edit: mais je suis seul dans mon appartement. ile ne faut pas me déguiser.

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
ULTIMATER said:
Someone translate this crap, im curious!
I didn't translate in english because my english is too poor.
It's a day the children disguises. crepes are .... go to google.fr and look crepes with "image"

it's also a celebrate of end of winter and a long time ago it was the day we finished the foods reserves of winter

Gouda

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Nemar

That would be the start of lent (sp?) the 40 day period before easter were you're supposed to eat a bit less then usual.
Crepes are pancakes, although that is an insult to crepes. But hey it will do.
The adults don't dress up?
They do in Venice (Italy), and have great parties, I thought it would be the same in France?

Gouda

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
:thanks:
yes exactly.

in our days, it's more for childrens, a little for adults but :shhh:

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
nemar said:
I didn't translate in english because my english is too poor.
It's a day the children disguises. crepes are .... go to google.fr and look crepes with "image"

it's also a celebrate of end of winter and a long time ago it was the day we finished the foods reserves of winter

...what the f... are you talking about? this is carnival.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
factory said:
...what the f... are you talking about? this is carnival.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut
it's a little more than a F.... carnival :lol:

dragon457

Diabloii.Net Member
Mardi Gras is a really big celebration here in Louisiana. EVERYONE dresses up for the parades and street dances that have been taking place throughout the weekend, ending today. Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday in French), is celebrated all over, but here in Louisiana, it's REALLY big. I'm not much of a celebrator myself when it comes to Mardi Gras, but I might have to get my butt out there sometime today to take in the festivities.

And yeah, Mardi Gras coincides with Easter, and also the end of Carnival.

wildjinn

Diabloii.Net Member
hm. but why is it carnival? Because it's the beginning of Lent in the Catholic church on Wednesday. This was a last celebration before what used to be fasting for 40 days before Easter. Mardi Gras means Fat Tuesday because the remainder of the animal-based lard and such were used up so that they wouldn't spoil over lent.

edit: just got me, Dragon. :p