Mara Vs. +3 Ele Ammy

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Mara Vs. +3 Ele Ammy

I have a Windy Druid, on his way to become lvl 91 to Max Oak / 4x Wind Skills / 1 in Raven, Spirit Wolves, and Arctic Blast.

I was wondering whether I should give him Mara's or a +3 Ele ammy.

Mara's Kaleidoscope
+2 to All Skills
+20-30% Resistance To All
+5 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+5 to Energy

Hmm... I have a 20 Res and a 30 Res Mara, and I don't feel like trading so one of em has to go to my druid. I'm thinking my 30 one should go to a Bonenec I'm remaking, so the 20 one on my Druid.

Advantages of Mara
-2 to ALL skill (cheaper tele, higher BO, increased Oak, etc.)
-Resistance (although +3 has 1 more higher lvl for Cyclone Armor, I'm sure that 20 Res would be better than it)
-+5 all Stats (xtra attributes are always nice, but I already pumped 15 pts in my Dex and I really wanted to make my Druid PERFECT (literally), so I'd only really benefit from Str)

Disadvantage(s) of Mara
-Lacks the pure increased dam that a +3 Ele ammy offers.

I'm in a bit of a picklee here... help me please. :thumbsup:

- Dennis

Subliminal_Influence_911

Diabloii.Net Member
I myself use a 2 to druid fcr/mana regen/+ mana amulet, but if the choice is between maras and +3 to ele I would choose maras. +1 skills adds a meaningless 200 dmge or so..after dr and the pvp penalty it's not worth it. Maras is a better bet unless the +3 ele ammy has fcr and you need it to hit a bp.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Subliminal_Influence_911 said:
I myself use a 2 to druid fcr/mana regen/+ mana amulet, but if the choice is between maras and +3 to ele I would choose maras. +1 skills adds a meaningless 200 dmge or so..after dr and the pvp penalty it's not worth it. Maras is a better bet unless the +3 ele ammy has fcr and you need it to hit a bp.
Ok TY for the great feedback. :thumbsup:

- Dennis

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
Dad Daniel said:
Best is 2 druid skills/20 FCR/str/mods.
disagree. 2/20/resists/LIFE/whatever. on a druid, 30 str=60 life...hardly worth it. Its much better to get +life (60+ isn't that hard) and put the points into str in the first place. allows you easier gear switches, too.

--welt

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
Sh4dovv said:
WHAT? 60 life is PERFECT LIFE for a craft ammy....there is a 1 in 60 chance of getting +60 life, if it has any life at all! :roll:
and even less of a chance of getting that same 30 str roll. aside from that, 60 life isn't the max, 77 is (squid). so its very likely that, no matter what life>str.

--welt

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
and even less of a chance of getting that same 30 str roll. aside from that, 60 life isn't the max, 77 is (squid). so its very likely that, no matter what life>str.

--welt
He meant "CRAFTING"... blue ammys can go up to 77.

- Dennis

Sh4dovv

Banned
Weltkriegpally said:

--welt
well obviously we are talking about crafted amulets if we are talking about +2/20fcr amulets?

in craft, 60 life is top. trust me

in magical they do go up to 100 tho

Bigrob

Banned
the difference between +2skills and +3 dont make much. I did rather get mara since it also has +stat and res. If u can then get a craft ammy with good mods. prefer 2/15+fcr/something.

Crogon

Diabloii.Net Member
um.. +3 elly/ life ammy MAY be useful with oak. if you like max skills tho, go for the obvious +3 elly / resists ammy. :) i don't miss those +5 attributes on maras at all with mine.

depends on the build, some of them maras is best, some need the 20% fcr, some are just fine with a good +3 elly ammy :)

nightaswz

Diabloii.Net Member
i have both a 30 maras and a +3 ele 100 life magical ammy.. somehow i think im going to use the ele life ammy instead =D
Think thats a good choice? My resists will still be positive, in the 20's and 30's so i might load up on resist/life charms instead. Otherwise i can always switch to maras vs casters

Opinions are appreciated

Sh4dovv

Banned
nightaswz said:
i have both a 30 maras and a +3 ele 100 life magical ammy.. somehow i think im going to use the ele life ammy instead =D
Think thats a good choice? My resists will still be positive, in the 20's and 30's so i might load up on resist/life charms instead. Otherwise i can always switch to maras vs casters

Opinions are appreciated
remember mara does +5stat

this means +5vita = +10life
this means -5str needed = +10life

so mara also does +20life

altho since most windys hav ample resist, then yes teh 3/100 is probably more useful

sorcyone

Banned
Sh4dovv said:

altho since most windys hav ample resist, then yes teh 3/100 is probably more useful
Don't forget the + 5 vita is not boosted by Oak or BO so its worth more like +3 life.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
sorcyone said:
Don't forget the + 5 vita is not boosted by Oak or BO so its worth more like +3 life.
Its still worth 10 life...
Sh4dovV said:

Don't forget if you don't have +Dex from mods from GCs or such, you need around 5 pts. in Dex for Flail (CtA + HoTo) so more life for us! :D

- Dennis

Sh4dovv

Banned
im a supporter of pure vita so dex is not needed

u dont need dex to use hoto, anni should provide all u need anyway