Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

maphack again? or just a bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by gorditocabron, Jan 31, 2004.

1. gorditocabron

gorditocabron IncGamers Member

maphack again? or just a bug

friend told me that mousepad is selling maphack and it works fine but sometimes it frezzes his game is true? maphack is again working plz tell me or is just a bad bug?

2. Saytan

Saytan IncGamers Member

Im unsure what you want to know here, you want to know if maphack will lock up diablo (easy solution for that, guess :p).

Or you are asking on a freinds behalf (freind = YOU [​IMG]) if mousepads maphack dosent lock up diablo that others might have.

Either way im afraid youll get little help with maphack in these forums.

3. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Yes, there are maphacks floating around for 1.10, and a nice banning is in order for everyone who uses them.

4. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

There's a banning for using ANY third party programs. Map hacks are actually pretty advanced now. Some guy told me he can change colors with his map hack,and he can see what items other people are wearing. But maphack is a third party program so tell your friend not to use it.

5. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

like im sure uve read plenty of times, blizzard no longer warns people using maphack (or 3rd party programs) before not just banning the account you were using it on at the time, but your CD key aswell.

by the way - you could change colours and see what items people were wearing in the latest MH before patch 1.10 was released, so its not that new.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unfortunately after only 3 months 1.10 is 1.09 all over again. Pindlebots have re-surfaced again and it seems that every public questing/boss running game has one or more "pick-it" users. Maphack is a plague once again. I can probably count on one hand the amount of public games i have been in (created or joined) where there were neither pick-it nor maphack users.

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

whats pick-it?

8. Omikron8

A program that picks up certain types of items (that you specify) as soon as they are within grabbing reach of your character. People (stupid lame pathetic people) use this on things like baal runs by running up to melee range of baal when he is about to die and getting all the items as soon as they hit the ground. The reaction time of the program is faster than that of a human in picking up items so people trying to play legitly don't have a chance to react. As soon as the item flies from the air and hits the ground it is gone. Argh just describing this program will probably cause another dozen lamers to go out and get it, a plague in 1.10 like it was a plague in 1.09.

9. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

which is why u shouldnt have enlightened him and many others to this trick......or at least not in such detail

10. Omikron8

Perhaps i have some vain hope that describing like this will lead to more people recognizing pick-it users in their games and hopefully kicking them out of their parties, either that or i'm an idiot blah

11. Greengoo

Greengoo IncGamers Member

mousepad : Join me into the dark side and we will rule battle net together.

Me: I will never join you. As my father did, I will refuse to join.

mousepad: But I am YOUR FATHER<.

me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. octa24

octa24 IncGamers Member

it doesn't really matter, as people can get the explanation from others in channels or games.

i don't care if they use mh/pindlebots or whatever software out there. afraid of pick-it? then don't mule in public game, kill baal after the runs, or simply mf alone. if they have mh, let them lead the way to the throne. i am the one who will be laughing at their faces when blizzard bans those accounts.

13. Omikron8

Yes when Blizzard gets its anti-cheating act together in the year 2547.

14. lord_velos

lord_velos IncGamers Member

After reading all the above now I remember why I stopped playing Diabllo II.
    I'll admit two years ago I did use maphack. It was very helpful. But all it was then was well just a helpful map (shrug). I see the newer version of it from what you guys say seems to do alot more.

Pindle bots? Let me guess. A program that would repeatly kill the zombie Pindle over and over for UBER items? That had to kill bandwidth bigtime I am sure.

Now I'm not so sure I am gonna fire up the game and play again after reading all this. I'm sure the cheating is beyond what I remember it. Dare I go to the trade channels and see what the prices of things are now? I'm sure by now someone figure out how to repeatedly copy SOJ's if they are still the currency of choice.

BTW I haven't played in like 2.5 years (shrug)