map seed thingy :)

red_draak

Diabloii.Net Member
map seed thingy :)

i have got a question about something i don't even know exsist... but based on my experience i think there is something to it...

i once had a Pit map that really spawned some nice things (balrog blade, diadem, sharkskin sash, demonhide sash, sharkskin boots, etc)

than i gave up the map too get a socket on my nm quest of good old larzurak...

i made a new hell game, but it spawned nearly nothing more than magical weapons (even almost no rares... :()

i read something about the map that determines the drops? is this correct, so should i just spawn new maps till i get something nice and stick with the map? or is there another way to get things nice again :D

p.s. are maps saveble? (if that is not cheating offcourse :))

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
if you find a hell map that spawns tc87 most of the time its a good idea to keep it.

the easiest way to do this is to not play any onther difficulty then hell after that

otherwise the seed command exists

lone_wolf

red_draak said:
but how do i check if the map spawns TC87?

ehm... seed command? :)

*sounds like newby :D*
easy you check it all those hard to find base type items drop.

because if they do or the uniques and set drop well then its prbobely a good map.

tex hydra bow or sacred armour and that like

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
My thinking is, everytime you change map seed run the same parts of the game (Example Pits - Baal) Run them at least 10 times and check all your drops. If you don't have some uniques & set items in those drops, change map seed.

Change map seed until you get one that drops you some Elites like lone_wolf said, and then run it to death.

Takis (El_Greco)

Davemetalhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't ATMA show the map seed ? (assuming that was the last area you ran). If it does, is there a way to start the game with a specific map seed?

lone_wolf

Davemetalhead said:
Doesn't ATMA show the map seed ? (assuming that was the last area you ran). If it does, is there a way to start the game with a specific map seed?
yes there is

its the usual seed command (dont use it in 1.09 though)

lone_wolf

Davemetalhead said:
And the 'usual seed command' is ? :D

Sorry, probably a stupid question ....
"C:\Program\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -seed(insert map seed number here)

you need to set it in your shortcut

but i advice to have 2 shortcuts