Map rerolling question

Suiling

Banned
Map rerolling question

Let's say I run Tunnel with map design A for 100 times, then i found that this design is rather hard, as there's too many narrow paths and it's hard to bring my whole minion through. I'm playing my fishymancer for your information. So i rerolled it into Tunnel map design B, and continue with my 101th run. Will the new map setting affect my drop from the previous setting?

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
no
why run the tunnels with fishy. i like to run WSK with him. larger paths and more bosses and at he end you have baal. also they give you a good experience even at P1. if you have 75 light resists then it's an easy trip

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: Ya, I agree with nebux, fishy can be run in WSK easily, but sometime with 75% Light resists might not help... See this
I must said I like to charge infront...

tunnel = ancient tunnel?
I remember there is no cold(or light?) resist in tunnel, so sorc can run better

chrischar

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, a blizz sorc can run tunnels very effectivelly.
Actually some people say that this is better than running pindle.

OT: Ya, I agree with nebux, fishy can be run in WSK easily, but sometime with 75% Light resists might not help... See this
Imagine if these gloams were convicted too...nightmare

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, a blizz sorc can run tunnels very effectivelly.
Actually some people say that this is better than running pindle.
Pindle can't drop Tyrael's Might, Azurewrath, or Arachnid Mesh, so I'd have to agree with those people :)

grogs

Diabloii.Net Member
As Nebux has said the answer is no.

Mf does not work the way you suggest, if ATMA lists the chance that an item will drop, at 1:1000, it does not mean that you will definately find that item within 1000 runs. The chance for that item to drop will always be 1:1000, on your first run or your thousandth.

Think of it this way, if you flip a coin, the chance of heads is 50%, or the chance of tails is 50%..... If you flip a coin 1000 times, then flip it one more time (1001st) the chance for heads is still 50% regardless of how many tails you've had previously.

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
I've always wondered why people bring up the coin toss example when they are trying to explain "odds" to someone. If they don't understand odds, they aren't going to be able to tell one side of a coin from another.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
I've always wondered why people bring up the coin toss example when they are trying to explain "odds" to someone. If they don't understand odds, they aren't going to be able to tell one side of a coin from another.

Just because a person doesn’t know anything about probability calculations, it doesn't mean s/he is stupid.

Using an example that (almost) everybody is familiar with, like cards and coins, often makes it a lot easier to understand.

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
I must said I like to charge infront...

tunnel = ancient tunnel?
I remember there is no cold(or light?) resist in tunnel, so sorc can run better
fishy has dim vision. i cast dim vision ahead and when my skellies are in melee range just spam Amp and CE

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
fishy has dim vision. i cast dim vision ahead and when my skellies are in melee range just spam Amp and CE
That was what I told to do, but I just like to charge infront(softcore mind)... cast Amp straight, I admit I am not a skillful nor patient player. Normally I can survive with one pack of gloams, as I just drink the full reju potion, but that incident is 2 pack of gloam waiting, and I just dead before I can react...

I blame durf for that death though...:sad2:

Suiling

Banned
The problems is my lightning resistance is, er -39%.. two hit = death. I want to take away Trang-Ouls wing and use a three socketed sheild for ptopaz but the great one so far is Monarch, which need alot of strength. My fishy's strength is only 70 like that. all depends on Trang-Oul with to up it to 95 and a rare tele ammy to 105.

That's why i chose to run Ancient Tunnel instead..

Suiling

Banned
@Corrupted: My fishy lead his minion to mob. so he's in front, that's when those axe wielding blue women (sorry, i forgot the name already, hehe) darted to him can chop him to pieces. Not to mention those women with Fanatism aura..

@nebux: thanks for the link nebux!

Suiling

Banned
@zenithsmith: in some cases, yeah you're right. My fishy meet only one death in Pits, but more then ten in Tunnels because of the narrow space.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
The problems is my lightning resistance is, er -39%..
My way to add in lightning res on a fishy mancer is boots, gloves and charms.

Boots+Gloves, gamble a bit and check rares that drop. Look for Lightning res (+30%) + mf, with boots search for one with faster walk.
(these are not all very common, but just keep checking / gambling a bit and you can/will find them)

For charms, look for 9+ Lightning res small charms (after a while you'll even find some with nice second mod)

These are not instant fixes, but if you keep checking rare gloves/boots, magical charms you will find enough to boost your lightning res.

On top of 75% a little MDR can help as well.
for example a dwarf star has up to 12-15 MDR, and you can expect to find one of these.

Lightning absorb would even be better, but good items (for a fishy) are not easy found. Usually only thundergod's apply here. (unless you are lucky enough to find a Wisp Projector)

Suiling

Banned
Hmm... Tunnel's Horror Mage slain me within second, i hope there's no lightning bolts shooting monsters in Pits..

pliu

Banned
I think it maybe hard for you to get jah/ber runes. If you can get them and make a nigma then problem solved. Just cast amp, teleport to a monster or somewhere near a group of monster to gather all your skeletons to kill one or more monsters and then spam CE. You can run almost everywhere in hell difficulty with ease.

Suiling

Banned
@pliu: Anyway, my classmate gave me a lot of high runes today like Ber, Jah, Cham, Ist, Gul, Vex, and Zod... wonder how to use them...