map question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbittle

Diabloii.Net Member
map question(s)

So I was under the impression that maps in SP didn't change, is this correct or not?

I had the same LK map all the way through normal diff, but once I got to NM it changed and has changed every time I load it now :undecided: Same with Andariel, countess, etc....I'm confused...

zerth

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: map question(s)

Also if you want, you can recover a map using the -seed command. The map seed is visible through ATMA. I have never used it actually, but it should work. IIRC fair use of this in this forum is limited to when you press the wrong difficulty by accident.

bassen

Diabloii.Net Member

wouldnt that be like cheating?

I often press wrong difficulty when I have a good map :cry:, thou the one I hve now I have been able to keep for a month. I have hard not belive that aint cheating...or do I hjave wrong this time too xD

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

it is not considered cheating, if you mistakenly change the difficulty and then recover the map. But if you make that to help you questing or etc, that's a big NO NO.

bassen

Diabloii.Net Member

it is not considered cheating, if you mistakenly change the difficulty and then recover the map. But if you make that to help you questing or etc, that's a big NO NO.
so for a player that have done all quests it's "do whatever you want"?...IMO it' feels a bit wierd

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

It's in the great big Stickied Thread at the top of this Forum labelleled SPF FAQ.

Didn't you even read that when you joined? :rolleyes:

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

I prefer the safer method:

Step 1: enter wrong difficulty
Step 2: hit the windows key, or alt tab to something else, if in full screen mode
Step 3: hit Ctrl Alt Del to bring up the Task Manager
Step 4: go to Applications, click on Diablo II and click the End Task button
Step 5: after windows tells you that D2 crashed, restart it and voila...

Also I've found that if you hit the wrong difficulty and quickly hit "W" as it starts to load, D2 crashes on its own

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Skoolbus; you have recieved a warning for flaming.

I expect people to read the stickies. Bassen is a trader and the GAT is also linked to in the Trade Rules. If you were a trader you'd know that.

This thread is not here to show people how to abuse the seed command. The correct use is in the Stickies.

If you have a problem I have PM box.

:closed:

Status
Not open for further replies.