Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Map Hack

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by twiddle_diddle, Mar 22, 2004.

1. twiddle_diddle

twiddle_diddle Banned

Map Hack

:scratch: Is it just me, or does almost everyone have map hack?

Personally, I don't have it, I just don't want to take the risk.

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Not everyone. imo the majority of people (50%+) don't use it. I was once tempted to search for it online, and 5 of my friends flamed me haha.

3. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

besides revealing the map, I have also heard people mention that MH lets the user see the gear that other players are wearing. Is this true? If so, do they see the gear when they mouse over the character or is it something else?

4. Cpkiller

Cpkiller IncGamers Member

Yes they can see your gear to. I was in a game and someone told me nice enigma and i was like how the hell did you know what i had and he said it was a map hack. I really wanted it after that but i have to many goldy items to lose my account.

5. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I was introduced to it in 1.09, and grew to rely on it. When 1.10 rolled out and I heard Blizzard was cracking down, I stopped using it. I have to say, I enjoy the game a lot more without it.

Noodle

6. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

Noodle, how exactly does it allow you to see other character's gear?

7. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

I used mh in 1.09 and the way it worked was by hovering your cursor over their character and hit the preset hotkey...this hotkey showed what items you are currently wearing. As far as i know of..1.1 is the same way...some of my friends use it and they tell me thats how it works. Soooo tempted to use it again.. GAH!! BAD THOUGHTS!!! This is kinda annoying since i'll have people asking me to trade my soj...i hate that....if i wanted to trade my soj..i'd make a game called soj for trade...not baal run 03. lol.

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I used it, lost my most fun account and quit Diablo soon after that.

Now I've fallen off the wagon (in October) and am back. I've resisted 4-5 offers of the MH from friends and find I'm doing quite fine without it.

9. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

I used Mh 1.10 patch and my friends taught me that if you push the number 0 when your mouse cursor is on top of a certain player it shows their equipment but not their inventory.

10. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

I've used it in 1.09. Was never banned for it. During the last mass ban in august 2003, blizzard did mention that they will ban anyone using MH. In 1.10, I resisted to use it initially until i decided to use it again for faster MFing thru duriance 2 to get to meph. I don't Mf much now but still use it for PvP. I guess if I really get banned, it will be a good excuse to quit the game once and for all.... :yep:

11. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

yes, I enjoyed maphack in 1.09 also

I got banned for it (5 accounts out of 7, oddly)
    but I made tons of money magic finding with it and selling on ebay($30 a day at least), so there really was no downside to it...
    don't use it now...

12. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I was using MH in my REALLY noobish beginng as D-player. I just couldn´t see anything wrong with it. Than I begun to visit Diabloii.net. It was for ~2 years ago, under time when disscussions about cheating shaked these forums. I red posters and articles and
    I become saved!!! Hallelujah! :innocent:
    Since this time I am 100% legit and I enjoy the game much more. There is a legit sollution for every problem cheaters try to "solve". The only exception is high runes (-> runewords) but withaut this impossible project I would retired allready. :lol:

13. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

So far in almost every Baalrun I enter there is at least one person with mh. And at least someone without mh (me ofcourse :D ). I did remember one game where 3 sorces were teleporting down as fast as possible, and they all arrived at the same time because they all had mh, and then *everybody* except me admitted they used mh. So 50% is a safe guess.

14. Damon_Othello

Damon_Othello IncGamers Member

I personally always wanted it just to see gear, but I'm a poor college kid and can't afford to buy another CD if I get caught. I don't have a lot of elite gear and I don't get to see elite stuff very often, so I always wanted to just look at everyone else's.

15. Huntingtons

Huntingtons IncGamers Member

they dont have proves for you using maphack, because 1 simple thing... the maps are generated on your comp, iirc. a very experinced player can easily find his way through d2 maps without using maphack, the only reason i would like it was to avoid MSLE mobs when i teleport to pits ;). if i used maphack, i would demand proff that i cheated... simply because i dont belive they could, anyway, its alot more fun without mh (used it for mephi runs, still do em some times, damn long time even tho i know the maps :p)
    esle... a way to counter it would be to show mobs on the maps and give alot wider mapexploring, because afterall... the char has eyes too :p... if BLizz did that, then i guess Forward would lose income :p

16. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Msle does not multishot the charged bolt anymore.

17. Huntingtons

Huntingtons IncGamers Member

aah well... i still see some big packs of bolts... whats that then? :D

18. daskidude

daskidude Banned

i used it in the days of .09, but since the patch i have stopped for the fear of gettting banned. but i just found it online for free and plan on using it for single player, not b-net so i cant get banned

19. svata

svata IncGamers Member

I don't use map hack, but honestly appreciate how quick baal runs go when someone on party has tele and the maphack. I used to visit mouse pad's mew something site because I think he had an ok discussion board.

One thing that really drives me crazy about mh is, someone told me, that its current version can read what a player is wearing. So if you play legit, wear what you find and when trade try to assure yourself that item getting is not a dupe, it makes duels way more difficult. This is because imo 80%+ of people you duel have duped items, ie anyone with armor filled with 40/15 jewels. And now with the scanning, the legit palyer who had a chance of winning ocassionally if they wore unexpected stuff just gets crushed each and everytime.

Really hate how 1.10 Durance in a3 got bigger since now only peeps with map hack can quickly get to meph.

Those are my 2 cents.

20. less_than_adam

less_than_adam IncGamers Member

I use mh in 1.10. I dont pvp so it doesnt really effect me in that regards. All it does is speed up my mf runs. I know I *could* be banned for it, but I'm not too worried about it. The only feature I use it for is to see the whole map.